Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2019
    That 6-6 was fiction. "This" was unreal.
    And a very weak ref, might I add...
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    That 6-6 was fiction. "This" was unreal.
    And a very weak ref, might I add...

Blind off for sure, but the red card/handball was a total joke
  • Danimal5981
    But if anybody had any doubts: until those red cards, this Ajax was just as convincing as the team that conquered Real Madrid at Bernabeu.
  • DB1512
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    After the red cards, Ajax still managed to create chances and with a bit of luck they could score. A very stupid tackle of Blind and a second yellow for sure, but the situation with Veltman was unbelievable. I think this is no penalty, but if you decide to give a penalty it's never a (second) yellow card.
  • LenKikk
    1439 posts Professional
    Im also hearing talks about the 4-2 being offside they used the wrong line to spot offside yet again. And the referee was just a pure disgrace. Let the lad blow a wistle in the serie A. Dont let him anywhere near european matches again.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Those of you on console and specifically Xbox, not sure if you’ve seen the promo yet but Microsoft is running a special where if you buy a new Xbox one X before December 31st then they’ll give you the new Xbox Scarlett next year for trade in.

Want to say it’s only for the US and UK but I could be wrong. UK deal started yesterday, US deal starts through Amazon on the 18th. Here’s the link to what was shared....

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/10/28/microsoft-xbox-all-access-project-scarlett-upgrade/
  • Stlducks
    3805 posts National Call-Up
    I thought the offside call against Son in the Leicester game would be the worst call all year. Turns out VAR found a way to one up that and call Sheffield Utd offside. Took over 3 minutes to make the call. If it takes that long, just let it stand.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Stlducks wrote: »
    I thought the offside call against Son in the Leicester game would be the worst call all year. Turns out VAR found a way to one up that and call Sheffield Utd offside. Took over 3 minutes to make the call. If it takes that long, just let it stand.

In the end I think they got it right. Wasn’t pretty but it was still the right call
  • Stlducks

In the end I think they got it right. Wasn’t pretty but it was still the right call

I thought Dier's shoulder played him onside. I just hate how they can go back multiple passes, zoom in 1000 times and then decide it's offside. I think everyone would be happier if it was a quick look, if it's not obvious then don't call it.

We need more common sense involved. That goes for all sports IMO.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I thought Dier's shoulder played him onside. I just hate how they can go back multiple passes, zoom in 1000 times and then decide it's offside. I think everyone would be happier if it was a quick look, if it's not obvious then don't call it.

There's no way that everyone can be happy.
    Some people want a thorough review, others want a quick "looks kinda on, eh, will do", these are by definition impossible at the same time.
    Then there's people who look at the same picture and see both a rock solid offside and a daylight robbery of a clean goal, depending on the team they root for. Football fans are a tough bunch to please is what I mean.

And the problem with "if it isn't obvious, don't call it" is define obvious.
    Introducing additional criteria, especially such vague ones is a guaranteed way to invite even more disagreements. The way it is now, it's at least clear that if you're even a millimeter off, you're off.
    There are still ways to improve, like measuring only position of feet on the ground, to get rid of all the complicated geometry that no one seems to comprehend anyway. But that's about it.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Yeah I think small changes to the rules would make VAR better in the long run. For me VAR has done its job and been correct 99% of the time but people would rather blame it then some of the archaic rules with the game.

• Stlducks
    I knew City would have to score 3 or 4 to have a chance with all the injuries in the defense but I didn't think they would look this poor in defense. Making it way too easy, Bravo needs to be better on the third goal.

I do enjoy the conspiracy theorists coming out again. No idea why it started but I have been seeing it for a few years now that the Premier League want Liverpool to win so they give them calls. It's been a few weeks but the tinfoil hat gang is back in full force. 😄
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    I knew City would have to score 3 or 4 to have a chance with all the injuries in the defense but I didn't think they would look this poor in defense. Making it way too easy, Bravo needs to be better on the third goal.

I do enjoy the conspiracy theorists coming out again. No idea why it started but I have been seeing it for a few years now that the Premier League want Liverpool to win so they give them calls. It's been a few weeks but the tinfoil hat gang is back in full force. 😄

I can get the anger with the handball but Silva had a handball first so even if VAR had checked for a penalty it would’ve been cancelled out by Silva’s handball first.

Anyone that thinks the PL wants a certain team to win is just messed in the head. They’ve been eating tinfoil, forget wearing it 😂
  • Danimal5981
    edited November 2019
    I truly don't get it. This hype over the English Premier League... It's only November, we're not even 1/3 into the competition and it's already been decided.

Liverpool are champs, 8 points clear of Leicester, Chelsea and Man City who go into next year's Champions League, as they in turn are 8 points clear of the rest....

What's funny about a league competition that's been decided in the first 1/4?
    What's entertaining about a fight for 5th? (That almost sounds like modern day Formula 1).

And this also applies to France, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands... The German Bundesliga is fun, the Spanish Primera is more entertaining this year, but all these other leagues appear to be decided before it actually has begun. And here I was thinking sports was all about competition. #sarcasm
  • dannyboy
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    That's why the american leagues are better
  • Danimal5981
    dannyboy wrote: »
    That's why the american leagues are better

I agree. The tournament set-up of American leagues mean excitement is being built up, not taken away after only a quarter.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    I think if anything, last year showed that a lot can change in a few months. Liverpool was 8 points clear in January and then City went 17-0-1 to win the title, while the race for top 4 went to the final day and it seemed like no one wanted it 😂

If there were ten games left and Liverpool were 8 clear then I’d probably agree it’s over but way too many games to be played still, especially over December. That being said, I get what your saying. As a pool fan though, I hope we win the title by 20+ this year 😂🤷‍♂️
  • Danimal5981
    I think if anything, last year showed that a lot can change in a few months. Liverpool was 8 points clear in January and then City went 17-0-1 to win the title, while the race for top 4 went to the final day and it seemed like no one wanted it 😂

If there were ten games left and Liverpool were 8 clear then I’d probably agree it’s over but way too many games to be played still, especially over December. That being said, I get what your saying. As a pool fan though, I hope we win the title by 20+ this year 😂🤷‍♂️

I get the argument: if you can build up an 8 point lead in 13 games, one could lose it just as fast.

But this is a phenomenon which has been around longer in England and is now spreading across Europe.

This also applies on a lower level: I mean, the Austrian Bundesliga has been decided before it began.

The analogy with Formula 1 is sound, we hardly see a fight for the trophy at the top, instead the fight for a midfield position seems most entertaining. And it the writing on the wall shows very fast this season across many, many countries.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    To add to that point, while American sports have a bit more unpredictability with the playoff system, it’s usually the same teams winning it every year or heavy favorites....
    • NFL- Patriots 💁‍♂️
    • NCAAF- Clemson or Alabama (both have losses but I bet they make the playoff 😉)
    • NBA- Golden State the last 4 years. Will say that this year is a major toss up after all the moves
    • NCAAB- March Madness certainly provides tons of entertainment but generally the preseason favorite still finds a way to the final.
    • MLB- Only 4-5 teams max each year with a real chance. Nationals this year a weird occurrence but they had crazy good pitching.
    • NHL- Probably the most unpredictable one 😂
  • Stlducks
    To sum it up, money has ruined a lot of excitment in sports. Teams that spend more usually finish near the top. Liverpool didn't spend anything this past window but spent a lot the previous few years building a great team and have avoided injuries to star players so everything is clicking for them.

City spend a lot but this year injuries are killing them. That's why lower leagues are more fun to pay attention to a lot of times because they are unpredictable.

I hate the "top 4" hype. If you don't win a trophy, nothing else really matters. Germany is the most exciting league so far but we have seen in recent years Bayern have run away with that league as well.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    To sum it up, money has ruined a lot of excitment in sports. Teams that spend more usually finish near the top. Liverpool didn't spend anything this past window but spent a lot the previous few years building a great team and have avoided injuries to star players so everything is clicking for them.

City spend a lot but this year injuries are killing them. That's why lower leagues are more fun to pay attention to a lot of times because they are unpredictable.

I hate the "top 4" hype. If you don't win a trophy, nothing else really matters. Germany is the most exciting league so far but we have seen in recent years Bayern have run away with that league as well.

Yeah as soon as Bayern get there new manager lined out they will walk the league. Thought Leipzig and Bayern would challenge but they look a mess too
  • dannyboy
    Yeah the NHL is pretty good, there hasn't really been a proper dynasty since Gretzky's Oilers.
  • LAboog4
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    I was thinking this year was a little more exciting world wide than recent years actually. In the past Laliga, Ligue 1, Serie A and Bundesliga were pretty much decided by Christmas. This year the PL, Ligue 1 and Eredivisie look decided but everything else is closer than normal.

A lot to happen still but I think Bundesliga, LaLiga and Serie A could be exciting.
  • Ashy
    12603 posts Has That Special Something
    Juventus dont look that good under Sarri that's why, Bayern for obvious reasons and Barca have never been great under Valverde. Like put Ten Haag at Barca and they walk it, put Allegri at Bayern they walk it, put Jose at Juventus they probably walk it
  • Danimal5981
    Ashy wrote: »
    Juventus dont look that good under Sarri that's why, Bayern for obvious reasons and Barca have never been great under Valverde. Like put Ten Haag at Barca and they walk it, put Allegri at Bayern they walk it, put Jose at Juventus they probably walk it

I agree. There are just a couple of men that instantly bring better football and/or better results. But the trick is to discover the one that is yet under the surface: Who heard of Ten Hag at Utrecht, Bayern II or GAE? Who noticed the remarkable results of Leiria under Mourinho? Rose is doing great at MGB now and everybody will call him in one breath with Klopp and Tüchel soon, but how does Salzburg end up with him in 2017?

See, that's where the real football happens -> under the surface. It's the same with football talent, you need to spot it ahead of the curve. That's why I'm so fascinated with a club as Ajax: they see it before others do. (Of course a lot of mishaps too: Magallan, Cassierra, Orejuela, currently Marin and Alvarez are still unconvincing, etc)
  • exercisebike
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Top level football is still exciting in my opinion. Look at the Premier League last season. It’s exciting this season too. 8 points is not impossible, and Liverpool have had some thrilling games. It’s not been a walkover by any means.
  • Danimal5981
    edited November 2019
    Sporting Intelligence just listed a report of avg annual salaries over 2019 of sports clubs
    These are the top 30 football/soccer teams on that list.
    Below, it's the average salary per league. (The top 6 leagues also have it per team in that report)

I always like these type of lists, because it gives me a view what transfers are realistic in FIFA Career Story.

Avg salary for a player per club (in Sterling)
    1. Barcelona, 10,45 mln
    2. Real Madrid, 8,09 mln
    3. Juventus, 6,73 mln
    4. Man United 6,53 mln
    5. Bayern, 6,35 mln
    6. Atletico Madrid, 6,16 mln
    7. Paris Saint-Germain, 6,11 mln
    8. Man City, 5,99 mln
    9. Chelsea, 5,02 mln
    10. Liverpool, 4,86 mln
    11. Arsenal, 4,85 mln
    12. Internazionale, 3,71 mln
    13. Milan, 3,55 mln
    14. Tottenham, 3,52 mln
    15. Everton, 3,25 mln
    16. BvB Dortmund, 3,21 mln
    17. West Ham, 3,18 mln
    18. AFC Ajax, 3,17 mln
    19. Valencia CF, 2,86 mln
    20. Roma, 2,84 mln
    21. Napoli, 2,82 mln
    22. Sevilla, 2,78 mln
    23. Crystal Palace, 2,76 mln
    24. Leicester, 2,71 mln
    25. Southampton, 2,67 mln
    26. Leverkusen, 2,22 mln
    27. Marseille, 2,13 mln
    28. Schalke, 2,13 mln
    29. Bournemouth, 1,99 mln
    30. Wolfsburg, 1,99 mln

Avg salary for a player per league (in Sterling)
    1. Premier League, England - 2,99 mln
    2. La Liga, Spain - 2,20 mln
    3. Seria A, Italy - 1,52 mln
    4. Bundesliga, Germany - 1,40 mln
    5. Ligue 1, France - 990 k
    6. Super League, China - 799 k
    7. Premier League, Russia - 667 k
    8. Süper Lig, Turkey - 656 k
    9. Brasileirao, Brazil - 510 k
    10. Pro League, Saudi Arabia - 386 k
    11. 1. Division A, Belgium - 306 k
    12. Liga MX, Mexico - 306 k
    13. Primera, Argentina - 288 k
    14. Primeira Liga, Portugal - 272 k
    15. MLS, USA - 268 k
    16. Super League, Switzerland - 246 k
    17. Eredivisie, Netherlands - 246 k
    18. J League, Japan - 239 k
    19. Bundesliga, Austria - 177 k
    20. Premiership, Scotland - 176 k
    21. Superliga, Denmark - 120 k
    22. K League, Korea - 101 k
    23. A League, Australia - 100 k
    24. Allsvenskan, Sweden - 87 k
    25. Ekstraklasa, Poland - 81 k
    26. Liga 1, Romania - 80 k
    27. Primera, Chile - 75 k
    28. Eliteserien, Norway - 66 k
    29. 1 Liga, Czechia - 55 k
    30. League of Ireland - 13 k
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Sporting Intelligence just listed a report of avg annual salaries over 2019 of sports clubs
    These are the top 30 football/soccer teams on that list.
    Below, it's the average salary per league. (The top 6 leagues also have it per team in that report)

I always like these type of lists, because it gives me a view what transfers are realistic in FIFA Career Story.

Avg salary for a player per club (in Sterling)
    1. Barcelona, 10,45 mln
    2. Real Madrid, 8,09 mln
    3. Juventus, 6,73 mln
    4. Man United 6,53 mln
    5. Bayern, 6,35 mln
    6. Atletico Madrid, 6,16 mln
    7. Paris Saint-Germain, 6,11 mln
    8. Man City, 5,99 mln
    9. Chelsea, 5,02 mln
    10. Liverpool, 4,86 mln
    11. Arsenal, 4,85 mln
    12. Internazionale, 3,71 mln
    13. Milan, 3,55 mln
    14. Tottenham, 3,52 mln
    15. Everton, 3,25 mln
    16. BvB Dortmund, 3,21 mln
    17. West Ham, 3,18 mln
    18. AFC Ajax, 3,17 mln
    19. Valencia CF, 2,86 mln
    20. Roma, 2,84 mln
    21. Napoli, 2,82 mln
    22. Sevilla, 2,78 mln
    23. Crystal Palace, 2,76 mln
    24. Leicester, 2,71 mln
    25. Southampton, 2,67 mln
    26. Leverkusen, 2,22 mln
    27. Marseille, 2,13 mln
    28. Schalke, 2,13 mln
    29. Bournemouth, 1,99 mln
    30. Wolfsburg, 1,99 mln

Avg salary for a player per league (in Sterling)
    1. Premier League, England - 2,99 mln
    2. La Liga, Spain - 2,20 mln
    3. Seria A, Italy - 1,52 mln
    4. Bundesliga, Germany - 1,40 mln
    5. Ligue 1, France - 990 k
    6. Super League, China - 799 k
    7. Premier League, Russia - 667 k
    8. Süper Lig, Turkey - 656 k
    9. Brasileirao, Brazil - 510 k
    10. Pro League, Saudi Arabia - 386 k
    11. 1. Division A, Belgium - 306 k
    12. Liga MX, Mexico - 306 k
    13. Primera, Argentina - 288 k
    14. Primeira Liga, Portugal - 272 k
    15. MLS, USA - 268 k
    16. Super League, Switzerland - 246 k
    17. Eredivisie, Netherlands - 246 k
    18. J League, Japan - 239 k
    19. Bundesliga, Austria - 177 k
    20. Premiership, Scotland - 176 k
    21. Superliga, Denmark - 120 k
    22. K League, Korea - 101 k
    23. A League, Australia - 100 k
    24. Allsvenskan, Sweden - 87 k
    25. Ekstraklasa, Poland - 81 k
    26. Liga 1, Romania - 80 k
    27. Primera, Chile - 75 k
    28. Eliteserien, Norway - 66 k
    29. 1 Liga, Czechia - 55 k
    30. League of Ireland - 13 k

Always enjoy lists like this too 😎 Liverpool basically even with Arsenal in salaries yet look at the gulf in quality.

No words needed for ManU 😂
  • dannyboy
    Thought Ajax would be lower than most premier league clubs.
  • Stlducks
    I can't believe it actually happened. Spurs sacked Poch. I've been calling for it and wanting it but now it just feels weird. A mix of sad but excited for what's to come.

The great memories of becoming a consistent top4 club, the UCL memories but all with a cloud of no trophies.

I think it is the right move. People will say Spurs are nothing without him but 25 points in 24 matches is awful. They even spent money this summer and results are worse. I think it is best for both parties to split. Hopefully Poch can go and win something in Spain.
This discussion has been closed.