Gameplay Responsiveness

Comments

• BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    The only way I’ve found to deal with delay is to turn the game off. I’ve spent many hours with the standard trouble shooting steps, on the phone to EA, changing router and even service provider.

It’s far to easy to put the blame our end rather than admit there’s something wrong which would mean they have to correct it then. I’m unsure on what causes it and that’s the most frustrating thing because we’re helpless. Some times it feels like a switch has been flicked somewhere and your going to have a tough time of it. My mate always thought I was crazy as he never experienced it but now he does he hates the game. So the question is why does he now have it when nothing has changed his end yet the game is the worst it’s been for him and he’s a Fut Founder.
  • KRANG00
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orison wrote: »
    I mean what is he supposed to do if the responsible team ain't giving out answers?

Same with all the gameplay problems. We are 6 patches in and right stick responsiveness didn't even get mentioned so the gameplay team is either not doing anything about it, doesn't care or doesn't know how to fix it. So Andy can hardly go and tell everyone it will be fixed soon.

He's the community manager and his job is to link us to them, that's how it works. I'd rather have an answer even if it's not one i want to hear.

But as always you are right, Why not just totally ignore us and all the issues it's not like that is a community managers actual job
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    I mean what is he supposed to do if the responsible team ain't giving out answers?

Same with all the gameplay problems. We are 6 patches in and right stick responsiveness didn't even get mentioned so the gameplay team is either not doing anything about it, doesn't care or doesn't know how to fix it. So Andy can hardly go and tell everyone it will be fixed soon.

He's the community manager and his job is to link us to them, that's how it works. I'd rather have an answer even if it's not one i want to hear.

But as always you are right, Why not just totally ignore us and all the issues it's not like that is a community managers actual job

Pretty much.

Even a, we are not doing anything about it would suffice. But the lack of comms shows real incompetence.
  • BigBadBaloo
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    The silence is deafening.
  • Hayter
    396 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2019
    KRANG00 wrote: »

Exactly this. At least let us know they are aware of the issue and he has passed it back and they are looking into would be a good start. Ignoring us is just rude.

Especially as he can waist time on other matters that Ea clearly don’t want us talking about.

Or releasing statements on matters that are in no way comparable to this issue.

And in no way is this our fault. When we can play other games with no issue. If I was getting Lag in wow or call of duty I would understand. But how can I play a MMO doing 20 man raids with no issue or 20 player team death matches. Yet a simple 1v1 is dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️.

Let us know what’s going on. Let us know it’s being looked into. Hiding and ignoring the issue is making it worse.

I haven’t picked this game up for 2 weeks and I won’t be picking it up again till it’s fixed otherwise I may have an aneurism. No way in hell will I be getting fifa 21 until at least the game is 2 - 3 patches in and see what the forum is saying before I purchase. I have learnt my lesson this year
  • JPRM71
    3134 posts National Call-Up
    Good effort here by OP, usual 🤡 behaviour from EA
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    Good effort here by OP, usual 🤡 behaviour from EA

We deserve some sort of correspondence here mate, it's getting beyond ridiculous. You look at twitter for example. Whatever these community managers tweet the response they get is "fix delay" "fix lag" you come here it's the same thing, you go Instagram same, reddit same, Facebook same,twitch same I mean it's the one thing that is killing the game for me. Forget 6 patches and constant gameplay changes.
  • Liamooo
    1086 posts Professional
    When it goes silent like this after all the bad press and shambolic gameplay you know there’s nothing more that can be done. Games basically unplayable to a decent standard now.
  • Staxdoobie
    1901 posts Play-Off Hero
    Forgive my ignorance, but is what we're demanding here even possible?

Aren't the intricacies of what we ask the players to do (skill moves, perfectly timed touches etc), and the time it takes to relay these commands to a server and back again, way beyond what we do in other online games? Surely you're going to notice the delay in trying to pull off a series of sudden intricate skill moves, with all the other 21 players moving around, far more than you would if you're just shooting a single other moving object on the screen?

Is it perhaps already as good as we can expect it to be??
  • Queens11
    2309 posts Fans' Favourite
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

Aren't the intricacies of what we ask the players to do (skill moves, perfectly timed touches etc), and the time it takes to relay these commands to a server and back again, way beyond what we do in other online games? Surely you're going to notice the delay in trying to pull off a series of sudden intricate skill moves, with all the other 21 players moving around, far more than you would if you're just shooting a single other moving object on the screen?

Yea but in other game there is lots Of players think fortnight has up to 100 all playing on a single map without a hitch are they using some kind of alien technology to allow this
    We’re is the input lag in pes Online u can do skill moves passes shots and believe it or not footballers can actually head a ball all at the instant push of a button
    Not for fifa though busy periods your player can be 3yds from goal and can’t even kick it into net first time as by time shoot button has registered he’s already took a touch to controll it’s absolute dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️

And per usual ea Andy and all the rest of eas yes men are no we’re to be seen or heard unless someone mentions the s word
  • Foxsake
    2680 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ea know there franchise is dying and have given up
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    They are not allowed to talk about the delay.
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    I don't blame @EA_Andy

He's not the servers guy.
  • Hayter
    edited November 2019
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

I think when it takes 2 seconds from pressing the pass button till my player actually passes the ball is not a big request in them fixing it
  • L4MP5
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    is anyone surprised? Ea are dog ❤️❤️❤️❤️. ❤️❤️❤️❤️ them and their games

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    Recoba wrote: »
    I don't blame @EA_Andy

Nor do I. But when a full group of gamers are complaining about the very same things in different platforms surely someone has to pick it up?
  • madwullie
    6439 posts Big Money Move
    I don't blame @EA_Andy

Nor do I. But when a full group of gamers are complaining about the very same things in different platforms surely someone has to pick it up?

And if they don't. What's he supposed to say?

And don't say "we're not working on this sorry" as we all know the forum would to into total meltdown if that's what they said.

People forget Andy is just some guy doing his job. If his bosses tell him not to say something, he can't say anything, and if he does he loses his job. It was the same with Rob back in the day.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    I don't blame @EA_Andy

I don't think anyone blames Andy directly, but he's our voice and link to EA. If the Community Manager won't help us, who will?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    madwullie wrote: »
    I don't blame @EA_Andy

And if they don't. What's he supposed to say?

And don't say "we're not working on this sorry" as we all know the forum would to into total meltdown if that's what they said.

People forget Andy is just some guy doing his job. If his bosses tell him not to say something, he can't say anything, and if he does he loses his job. It was the same with Rob back in the day.

It's not a meltdown already? 😂

I don't know I thought he was the middleman who communicates our feedback to EA.
  • EA_Andy
    3378 posts EA Staff (retired)
    If we have something to share then we will, I don't have that at the moment.

We're always monitoring feedback so it's not like we have missed what we're seeing on forums and social. You've seen previously we've talked about gameplay responsiveness through Pitch Notes and if there's anything to share in the future that's where it would like be.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    EA_Andy wrote: »

We're always monitoring feedback so it's not like we have missed what we're seeing on forums and social. You've seen previously we've talked about gameplay responsiveness through Pitch Notes and if there's anything to share in the future that's where it would like be.
    Cheers for the response. As you can see it's a serious issue that is constantly being discussed on here, would/should it not be priority? I'm assuming you do the play the game, do you experience it?
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero

Same response as usual. What’s the point of a forum anyways? No special information ever received here. No offense to you mate but if you’re really here to re state the pitch notes the jobs kind of useless? Same with leagues. Didn’t really say anything until they were out. You look at feedback but we are never aware of what the developers think of the feedback. Yeah these forums are useless for any sort of communication with EA.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16396 posts World Class
    Have I missed "gameplay responsiveness on the last 6 patches"?
  • Hayter

Goes a little beyond game responsiveness when it’s just completely unplayable. This is something that should be high priority and should never be allowed to of got this far. You think any other game developer out there would just leave players with a broken game. If I went home tonight and put on wow and there was just a 2 second delay across the game Do you think I would wake up tomorrow and not find it had been patched or fixed without a statement.

I have payed 80 quid for this garbage but who cares you have your money I have a useless
    Disk.
  • King_Cantona77
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    🙄
  • SomeNextGuy
    4783 posts Big Money Move
    Still unsure if I have this or if it's just how the game is.

Squad Battles in pretty much the same, every FUT game mode just feels ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to play.
  • Liamooo
    1086 posts Professional

Everything you guys say is lies, it doesn’t work!!!!!

Now we are nearly approaching December soon and the games literaly unplayable online. Absolute fraud of a game. The community managers couldn’t pass on a cold never mind feedback.
  • Thefranchise92
    4317 posts National Call-Up
    One of the mods dmd me about chatting about someone else chatting about racism. I replied shouldnt you be chatting to the racist guys rather than the person questioning them.

Cat got his tongue since then, this was months back.These mods are a joke
  • mway
    1896 posts Play-Off Hero
    Still unsure if I have this or if it's just how the game is.

e88d3ffa226bb02f8208e1fb6543074eb832fc2851f7403cb961dd792e2edb83.jpg
  • Str8hii
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero

Input delay been present since fifa 2015 and ea is still monitoring the problem but refusing to provide quality service / servers wow new low