Are rival objectives ruining the game?

I cant get a serious one on one game without playing someone trying to get objectives it stinks

Comments

• Stevo_CT
    3203 posts National Call-Up
    I'm enjoying this content, it keeps me interested in playing fifa.
    I understand some of the negative outcomes this has brought, but I do feel the positives significantly outweigh these.
  • ozcs_69
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    yeah, i think the positives overcomes the negatives, it`s for the best, grind through it bro, plus with this shambolic gameplay why would you even want a serious game ?
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    Enjoying playing a different team every now and then, best move EA has made in a while.
  • Jonx88
    820 posts Semi-Pro
    Its ruined rivals deinitely but i never play it anyway
  • FalconFan
    252 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think making the objectives in Rivals only is very much negative...

It should be any FUT mode in most cases to avoid people playing more games than what they normally would.

That was why people asked to have Objectives in Rivals, to avoid playing extra games in Squad Battles.

But not everyone wants to play WL or Rivals, some enjoy other aspects of the game or simply do not pay for PS Plus, so Rivals or WL is not doable.
  • Acker
    1145 posts Moderator
    edited November 5
    For me I dislike the win in rival requirements and that causes a knock on effect of having people dropping divisions , to complete Politano Even though wins wasn’t needed I dropped from D2 to D5 hardly came across anyone doing him
  • ComptonLAX94
    448 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gain Rival points + Complete Objective. Win-win.
  • Stevo_CT
    3203 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 6
    I don't think EA will change away from having to play rivals to achieve these, it's clear they are hellbent on driving players to compete online.

Why? To compete you need better players, better players generally equates to needing more coins, result is you either need to grind like crazy, trade, or wait for it, buy some juicy suprise mechanics.
  • yogibear
    1112 posts Professional
    Best thing that has come to this game in years. Its not supposed to be finished in a day. OP mad because you play easier teams? Give me a break and fekk off
  • SStubbs88
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good idea in concept as it makes you use different squads and players you never would have before. The problem is sad virgins relegating themselves.
  • yogibear wrote: »
    Best thing that has come to this game in years. Its not supposed to be finished in a day. OP mad because you play easier teams? Give me a break and fekk off

I prefer challenging myself against good players with good teams

If you prefer playing rubbish teams then great
  • Hori25
    207 posts Sunday League Hero
    I cant get a serious one on one game without playing someone trying to get objectives it stinks

And what's the definition of a serious game? Full sweaty EPL team vs Full sweaty EPL team? :)
    I've faced quite some people doing objectives with **** teams who made me work hard for a point..
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    Rivals is terribad as it is, the gameplay and the servers are awful and then to top it off they force you to play it to complete objectives, its a joke tbh we need some sort of casual game mode that you can play for objectives but i understand why they don't do it because everyone would just abuse it and trade goals
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4921 posts National Call-Up
    I think it's fine in rivals , I don't understand all the moaning
  • Mido
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think it's fine in rivals , I don't understand all the moaning

People have moaned about squad battles objectives as well, and would moan if it was in FUT champs.
  • munchie63
    2967 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think moving towards giving rewards for actually playing rather then buying FP is a plus.

However, there's an issue with it being 'score with xxx in 2 wins' as it encourages people to drop divisions deliberatley to find lesser opponents,

I mean, we have an admin above stating he dropped from Div 2 to Div 5 to complete the objective. Thats fun for those playing at their peak in Div 5 isnt it...coming up against Div 2 players.
    Poor behaviour
  • Dazzler
    1934 posts Fans' Favourite
    Acker wrote: »
    For me I dislike the win in rival requirements and that causes a knock on effect of having people dropping divisions , to complete Politano Even though wins wasn’t needed I dropped from D2 to D5 hardly came across anyone doing him

Well that’s great from a mod