The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Gold Most Consistent But Never IF TOTS

Comments

  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Suarez8 wrote: »
    28v8z1t.png

    Looks like an awful card, needs more passing for me to consider him.
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Not saying everyone is, but there is a certain trend with BPL players who might be options for the sixth spot, and as soon as there is a critical remark, a surprisingly big group thinks another player from said/there club should be in.

    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    - "Kosc is very consistent",
    - "yes Kosc",
    - random stats about Arsenal not winning without Kos in 2013 used as proof,
    - "Kos in, SPL sucks",
    - "Hello, Jones has better defensive records than Kos",
    - "Jones looks silly",
    - "Monreal in, he's more consistent",
    - "Yes Monreal",
    - "No Jones? Then Rojo should be in, we deserve one"

    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Not saying everyone is, but there is a certain trend with BPL players who might be options for the sixth spot, and as soon as there is a critical remark, a surprisingly big group thinks another player from said/there club should be in.

    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    - "Kosc is very consistent",
    - "yes Kosc",
    - random stats about Arsenal not winning without Kos in 2013 used as proof,
    - "Kos in, SPL sucks",
    - "Hello, Jones has better defensive records than Kos",
    - "Jones looks silly",
    - "Monreal in, he's more consistent",
    - "Yes Monreal",
    - "No Jones? Then Rojo should be in, we deserve one"

    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    I watched an Arsenal game, Koscielny gave away a penalty with an amateur slip up. Let's just discredit him for not being good or consistent enough.

    because f logic
  • Greed378
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Not saying everyone is, but there is a certain trend with BPL players who might be options for the sixth spot, and as soon as there is a critical remark, a surprisingly big group thinks another player from said/there club should be in.

    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    - "Kosc is very consistent",
    - "yes Kosc",
    - random stats about Arsenal not winning without Kos in 2013 used as proof,
    - "Kos in, SPL sucks",
    - "Hello, Jones has better defensive records than Kos",
    - "Jones looks silly",
    - "Monreal in, he's more consistent",
    - "Yes Monreal",
    - "No Jones? Then Rojo should be in, we deserve one"

    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    I watched an Arsenal game, Koscielny gave away a penalty with an amateur slip up. Let's just discredit him for not being good or consistent enough.

    because f logic

    There is a difference between picking 6 games at random and picking one game. Sample size says that if in six random games he made numerous mistakes, he probably made them in most of his games
  • Lukasz Fabianski is the best player in Sweansea Appearances: 30
    Clean Sheets: 11 Saves: 102
    (BPL stats)
  • Krychowiak from Sevilla has been a rock so far this season. He doesn't score or assist but he is an immense CDM.
    He is really hard-working
  • Royyosti
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Not saying everyone is, but there is a certain trend with BPL players who might be options for the sixth spot, and as soon as there is a critical remark, a surprisingly big group thinks another player from said/there club should be in.

    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    - "Kosc is very consistent",
    - "yes Kosc",
    - random stats about Arsenal not winning without Kos in 2013 used as proof,
    - "Kos in, SPL sucks",
    - "Hello, Jones has better defensive records than Kos",
    - "Jones looks silly",
    - "Monreal in, he's more consistent",
    - "Yes Monreal",
    - "No Jones? Then Rojo should be in, we deserve one"

    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    Edit: nvm, misread
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Kolin wrote: »
    Lukasz Fabianski is the best player in Sweansea Appearances: 30
    Clean Sheets: 11 Saves: 102
    (BPL stats)

    Post GIF of Adam Lallana vs Swansea.
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    Not saying everyone is, but there is a certain trend with BPL players who might be options for the sixth spot, and as soon as there is a critical remark, a surprisingly big group thinks another player from said/there club should be in.

    All characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    - "Kosc is very consistent",
    - "yes Kosc",
    - random stats about Arsenal not winning without Kos in 2013 used as proof,
    - "Kos in, SPL sucks",
    - "Hello, Jones has better defensive records than Kos",
    - "Jones looks silly",
    - "Monreal in, he's more consistent",
    - "Yes Monreal",
    - "No Jones? Then Rojo should be in, we deserve one"

    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    I watched an Arsenal game, Koscielny gave away a penalty with an amateur slip up. Let's just discredit him for not being good or consistent enough.

    because f logic

    Comparing 6 games at random and 1 cherry picked game, now that is "f'ing" logic.
    Koscielny isn't the only candidate for that spot either, there are about 5 more.
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Royyosti wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    Those 6 games at random included 3 or 4 CL/EL games. Don't see why those should be mentioned.
    I'd suggest you check the post again. It had 6 league games as well as all 8 of Celtic's Europa League games.
  • Royyosti
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    Those 6 games at random included 3 or 4 CL/EL games. Don't see why those should be mentioned.
    I'd suggest you check the post again. It had 6 league games as well as all 8 of Celtic's Europa League games.

    Already edited my post, silly misread by me.

  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Royyosti wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Royyosti wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    There have also been various posts having more detail than just that. Whatever I've seen about Van Dijk says "Celtic have incredible defensive record, get him in, PL fans are greedy, shoehorn Van Dijk in" which coincidentally come from Dutch or Scottish fans.

    Jenko chose 6 games at random, watched the (not even extended) highlights and found numerous Van Dijk errors. Does he really deserve to be in?

    Those 6 games at random included 3 or 4 CL/EL games. Don't see why those should be mentioned.
    I'd suggest you check the post again. It had 6 league games as well as all 8 of Celtic's Europa League games.

    Already edited my post, silly misread by me.
    It's alright, I made a misread earlier in the thread too :wink:
  • AlexisSanchez
    239 posts Sunday League Hero
    Low Ki wrote: »
    You can't put Van Dijk in, just for diversity. He's either played well or not.. Majority of opinion seems to be he's performed well but not shone as much as some of his team mates..

    Then stop insisting on the king of inconsistency Koscielny. You bring up all these stats that Arsenal's fared better when he's been in in the starting XI and excuse every bad performance on other plays but don't heistate to dissect every great Celtic game and nitpick van Dijk's.

    One day you say it was Monreal who saved you, the other times Bellerin, the other times Coquelin :lol: and the others it's Ramsey who's rediscovered his form...you're as fickle with your opinion of your own players are you are with your opinions on Wenger. Koscielny might have some good games under his belt but he does not fit the bill in terms of consistency. And that's the bottom line.

    There's a reason why only people with Arsenal themed avatars and names are harping on about Koscielny and no one else.

    So many points wrong with your statement. Firstly, you're talking about someone else's post, I'm not the one who analysed all of Van Dijk's games. Secondly I haven't excused any of Koscielny's mistakes this season.. No player is without fault.. I've never said any specific Arsenal player has saved us, merely stated Monreal and Kos have been consistent as has Coquelin for us this season. I've never spoken about Ramsey and stated to other gooners Bellerin didn't deserve a MC Bronze or TOTW card. I'm not bias in my opinion, it's the fact I watch every minute of football Arsenal play. I have seen the importance of Koscielny in this team.

  • I think REEHEM STERLING is better idea than Henderson. He's the best player in Liverpool at first part of season
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    Kolin wrote: »
    I think REEHEM STERLING is better idea than Henderson. He's the best player in Liverpool at first part of season
    Wrong.
  • gracjan17
    162 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Kolin wrote: »
    I think REEHEM STERLING is better idea than Henderson. He's the best player in Liverpool at first part of season
    0671b272644944c3bc9ac94da7c04431.png


  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited April 2015
    Peter wrote: »
    You can't put Van Dijk in, just for diversity. He's either played well or not.. Majority of opinion seems to be he's performed well but not shone as much as some of his team mates..

    Just because he didn't shine as much as goalkeeper Gordon (who's a silver), doesn't mean he is bad or inconsistent. None of the options suggested to replace him don't even come close in the number of minutes played to van Dijk.

    So yes, Sokker can put him in, especially when the BPL already have 5 spots in every Most Consistent thread and BPL fans as usual try to be greedy and claim that 6th spot as well.

    Thats only you're argument because if the 6th spot doesn't go to the BPL then it pretty much has to go to Van Dijk, there's no completion with only 4 actual possibilities from the league.

    You're just being greedy in wanting an extra Dutch player.

    Actually no that's not my only argument as van Dijk has been consistently good, played 27 or 28 games, with around 2400 minutes which is FAR more than all BPL options suggested to replace him. Part of the best defence in the league (does not matter if the league is of a lower quality).

    this obviously doesn't necessarily mean anything but I just happened to come across it right now:

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2984121/Celtic-defender-Virgil-van-Dijk-good-Arsenal-s-Laurent-Koscielny-play-six-Premier-League-club-says-John-Hartson.html

    van Dijk has been consistently getting praise from most sides ever since he started playing for Celtic almost two years ago, yet somehow he isn't good according to you? Sure, he slipped up a couple times (mainly in the Europa League), as if Koscielny was flawless? May I remind you of that amateur mistake against Chelsea when giving away a penalty...

    I didn't say it was your only argument, I said that was the only reason you were using that argument.
  • I don't know if it has already been answered earlier in the thread, but ideally I'd like to hear it from Sokker himself: as I believe Luciano Vietto should be in the TOTS MC, I was wondering would it even be possible for him to get into the team as he already has a MOTM card? (In the rules it says that only players with in forms are excluded from the MC, no mention of MOTM cards? Thanks :)
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    John Terry has no IFs and is the best CB in the league.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13160 posts Has That Special Something
    Aymeno wrote: »
    I don't know if it has already been answered earlier in the thread, but ideally I'd like to hear it from Sokker himself: as I believe Luciano Vietto should be in the TOTS MC, I was wondering would it even be possible for him to get into the team as he already has a MOTM card? (In the rules it says that only players with in forms are excluded from the MC, no mention of MOTM cards? Thanks :)

    MoTM is being considered an IF for ToTS Most Consistent.
  • keema-v
    2201 posts Fans' Favourite
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    John Terry has no IFs and is the best CB in the league.
    Apparently MOTM rules him out :(
  • hasan09876
    15330 posts World Class
    keema-v wrote: »
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    John Terry has no IFs and is the best CB in the league.
    Apparently MOTM rules him out :(

    But MOTM isn't the same as an IF though, it would put this Koscielney vs Van Djik talk to bed.
  • hasan09876 wrote: »
    keema-v wrote: »
    hasan09876 wrote: »
    John Terry has no IFs and is the best CB in the league.
    Apparently MOTM rules him out :(

    But MOTM isn't the same as an IF though, it would put this Koscielney vs Van Djik talk to bed.

    Yes, it is, and it rules a player out of TOTS MC
  • hasan09876 wrote: »
    Suarez8 wrote: »
    28v8z1t.png

    Looks like an awful card, needs more passing for me to consider him.

    Lol this might just be one of the dumbest posts I have seen :lol::lol:
  • Thierry-VavaVoom
    4276 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2015
    But that article uses Koscielny as the benchmark for Van Dijk's performances? Doesn't that infer the think Koscielny has been better?
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    Also, do UP cards count as IF (if MOTM do), or not? They are also kind of a recognition for the season's performance and would undoubtedly make a few debates easier.
  • KonradAFC
    751 posts An Exciting Prospect
    wth22 wrote: »
    Also, do UP cards count as IF (if MOTM do), or not? They are also kind of a recognition for the season's performance and would undoubtedly make a few debates easier.

    They don't.
  • Low Ki
    12053 posts Has That Special Something
    edited April 2015
    Low Ki wrote: »
    You can't put Van Dijk in, just for diversity. He's either played well or not.. Majority of opinion seems to be he's performed well but not shone as much as some of his team mates..

    Then stop insisting on the king of inconsistency Koscielny. You bring up all these stats that Arsenal's fared better when he's been in in the starting XI and excuse every bad performance on other plays but don't heistate to dissect every great Celtic game and nitpick van Dijk's.

    One day you say it was Monreal who saved you, the other times Bellerin, the other times Coquelin :lol: and the others it's Ramsey who's rediscovered his form...you're as fickle with your opinion of your own players are you are with your opinions on Wenger. Koscielny might have some good games under his belt but he does not fit the bill in terms of consistency. And that's the bottom line.

    There's a reason why only people with Arsenal themed avatars and names are harping on about Koscielny and no one else.

    So many points wrong with your statement. Firstly, you're talking about someone else's post, I'm not the one who analysed all of Van Dijk's games. Secondly I haven't excused any of Koscielny's mistakes this season.. No player is without fault.. I've never said any specific Arsenal player has saved us, merely stated Monreal and Kos have been consistent as has Coquelin for us this season. I've never spoken about Ramsey and stated to other gooners Bellerin didn't deserve a MC Bronze or TOTW card. I'm not bias in my opinion, it's the fact I watch every minute of football Arsenal play. I have seen the importance of Koscielny in this team.

    I used your quote as a platform for a PSA to everyone that thinks Koscielny deserves a spot. Heres the truth: of all the BPL defenders as a whole who don't have IF's, none deserve to be in the BPL Most Consistent TOTS because none of them are simply good enough. Guys like you make Koscielny sound as if he scores every goal, creates every chance, defends against every attack and goalkeep solo.

    In reality Arsenal's improvement is a team effort and has nothing to do with Koscielny being one of the back 4. Otherwise he would've done more in Europe and a hell of a lot more in the first half of this season. Koscielny is nothing special, and he certainly isn't Beckenbauer or Maldini reborn to transform a team single handed.

    But if you want a more credible reason for Arsenal's luck at the back transforming midway through the season how about looking at the guy that replaced Szczesny between the sticks aka Ospina:

    11 games
    5 clean sheets
    7 goals conceded
    29 saves

    If Koscielny was responsible for running your defense as you claim Ospina wouldn't have needed to do so much work in 11 games.

    in comparison this is how Szczesny fared:

    17 games
    3 clean sheets
    21 goals conceded
    44 saves

    Same leaky defense, just with a more effective goalkeeper.

    So go on, tell me how Arsenal's change of fortune is due to Koscielny's consistency and do it with a straight face.
  • wth22
    11013 posts Has That Special Something
    the change of fortunes can also be put down to Ozil's return or Giroud hitting unreal form.
  • Jenko
    13845 posts Has That Special Something
    What wth says is true but Ospina is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, he's just not braindead like Szczesny.
Sign In or Register to comment.