Anyone played possesion football?

I've been playing around with purely possession based teams today to see how they fair and I've got to say, it seems like its very playable.

Just wondering what others think?

Comments

  • mickw356
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes briefly but do enjoy it and think will go back to it. It's slightly slower on the counter/break but when I play attacking with it ki da balances it out
  • mickw356
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    What formation do you use with possession?
  • mickw356
    275 posts Sunday League Hero
    424 atm will, see how it works
  • mickw356 wrote: »
    What formation do you use with possession?

    this is my setup right now (ingame, obvs)

    c80nB6D.jpg
  • EisenErmin
    6667 posts Big Money Move
  • Guardian2099
    64 posts Park Captain
    I have successfully replicated Pep's City Tactics, and last night I ran an absolute riot against 4 different opponents.
  • t-mase
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I always play a possession based game, it doesn't always work but when it does it is glorious.

    I aim for 60% of the ball per game as a minimum.
  • SStubbs88
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I try. It gets a bit hard when you come up against someone who can somehow have 4 players closing down every one of yours. At one point yesterday I had 3 players closing down my left back when I was trying to pass it around.
  • JGCramp
    1387 posts Professional
    edited October 31
    t-mase wrote: »
    I always play a possession based game, it doesn't always work but when it does it is glorious.

    I aim for 60% of the ball per game as a minimum.

    Same here. I also look to get min 60%. I usually don't get rewarded for it but I'm also a mediocre player and I still enjoy trying to control the ball. I lost a game last week where I had about 70% because in the second half my opponent launched a goal kick over the top of my entire defense. So I was toast the minute it landed on his winger's foot - but to rub it in the game also switched me to the wrong player so my CB just stood there for a bit as his raced toward the net.
  • t-mase
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    SStubbs88 wrote: »
    I try. It gets a bit hard when you come up against someone who can somehow have 4 players closing down every one of yours. At one point yesterday I had 3 players closing down my left back when I was trying to pass it around.

    Just keep the ball, don't look to press forward quickly when that happens. The oppo players are then shattered by 60 mins and you can pass rings around them and beat them for pace with ease.
  • t-mase
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    JGCramp wrote: »
    t-mase wrote: »
    I always play a possession based game, it doesn't always work but when it does it is glorious.

    I aim for 60% of the ball per game as a minimum.

    Same here. I also look to get min 60%. I usually don't get rewarded for it but I'm also a mediocre player and I still enjoy trying to control the ball. I lost a game last week where I had about 70% because in the second half my opponent launched a goal kick over the top of my entire defense. So I was toast the minute it landed on his winger's foot - but to rub it in the game also switched me to the wrong player so my CB just stood there for a bit as his raced toward the net.

    We all fall foul of the games mechanics which is frustrating but keep doing what you are doing and you will reap the rewards. It took me some time but I am on a streak of about 25 wins and 5 losses in the last 30 games i've played.

    I am by no means the best player at all. Try and develop your skills with just classic friendlies. Doesn't effect your record, if you get whacked 5-0 it doesn't matter and your players don't lose their fitness or contracts.
  • Colt_seevers
    1203 posts Professional
    Works very well against constant pressure
  • taking my little team into the weekend league, People cannot handle El Ilusionista (Iniesta) 6 assists and 5 goals in 4 games o.o
    if anyone wants a great CB for this style of play get yourself Pique, worth EVERY coin!!
Sign In or Register to comment.