Stop with Pack SBC EA. Fix the market!!!!!

Comments

• BGAlum
    1447 posts Play-Off Hero
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why are you so worried about the market... I’d rather play the game than worry about trading. Not talking down here, just actually curious

I think for players that want to try to complete many of the SBCs to get decent players, it ends up being much more of a grind to get there.

It is just too much and if the SBCs end up impacting the market it ends up being even worse. The grind can be worth it, but not if the returns are diminished.

Basically the market needs to make it able to recoup the investment or better yet yield a profit like it has in years past.
  • D0lvl
    3118 posts National Call-Up
    Just make icons purchaseable with fifa points. I'd buy a prime gullit for 12k pts.

Dont have time to trade.
  • IxToMxI
    7080 posts League Winner
    It’s the start of the game man, people need to calm down you do release the game has been out officially for just 5 weeks.

When POTM Auba was released everyone moaned it was too expensive.

Then people moan that other leagues don’t get SBC’s they do other leagues and people moan that these cards are whack?

Why do you think most content use to EPL as it’s what people want and they drive market price.

People need to be careful what they ask for because usually when you get it it’s not what you think - like this.

Also I like the daily SBC’s since scream promo from the free packs I’ve packed Griezman and Messi... without spending any FP
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6216 posts Big Money Move
    L1vingl1fe wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why are you so worried about the market... I’d rather play the game than worry about trading. Not talking down here, just actually curious

Because I want my rewards to be worth coins. I want to be able to profit from cards so maybe I can afford a top tier icon like Gullit. The market is more crucial now than ever before with icon SBC’s.

Then learn to trade to suppliment your rewards. It really doesn't take that much effort. I made 800k last week.

I trade daily. But thanks for the tip pal. Still doesn’t make the market healthy.

It's fine as it is, if you're trading daily, you'll reach Gullit in a few weeks.

There has been points with silvers over the past 2 weeks where you could easily make 300k a day with little effort.

Unfortunately I’m not able to make 2.5 million a week trading.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    IxToMxI wrote: »
    It’s the start of the game man, people need to calm down you do release the game has been out officially for just 5 weeks.

Then people moan that other leagues don’t get SBC’s they do other leagues and people moan that these cards are whack?

Why do you think most content use to EPL as it’s what people want and they drive market price.

People need to be careful what they ask for because usually when you get it it’s not what you think - like this.

Also I like the daily SBC’s since scream promo from the free packs I’ve packed Griezman and Messi... without spending any FP

Potm Auba is the perfect example of why people aren’t doing the expensive SBC’s and the market is dead. It’s a very minor upgrade over his base card. Not noticeable at all. More expensive than his base card and untradeable. They price would have been fine if it was more of an upgrade. But to incentivize the player base to take an untradeable with such a small upgrade it should have been in line with price of his base card.
  • IxToMxI
    7080 posts League Winner

Potm Auba is the perfect example of why people aren’t doing the expensive SBC’s and the market is dead. It’s a very minor upgrade over his base card. Not noticeable at all. More expensive than his base card and untradeable. They price would have been fine if it was more of an upgrade. But to incentivize the player base to take an untradeable with such a small upgrade it should have been in line with price of his base card.

Costs about 400k, Auba goes for about 380k, you get about 100k of packs back?

Sometimes, just because you only see +1 on some stats doesn’t mean the card doesn’t perform a lot better, which Auba does as I ran his NIF for 50 games.

el7SVJx.png

D3 and WL
  • Smokiekeogh
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    When all the league sbcs are released itll bring value back to the market
  • Ishibum
    14563 posts Has That Special Something
    D0lvl wrote: »
    Just make icons purchaseable with fifa points. I'd buy a prime gullit for 12k pts.

Dont have time to trade.

That's the way I see it going when loot boxes get banned.
  • IxToMxI
    7080 posts League Winner
    Ishibum wrote: »
    D0lvl wrote: »

Dont have time to trade.

That's the way I see it going when loot boxes get banned.

Everyone would have a full icon team day 1 :D

I wonder how far they could push the boundaries with it though

Prime R9 = 90k Fifa points
  • Pocketsquareguy

Costs about 400k, Auba goes for about 380k, you get about 100k of packs back?

Sometimes, just because you only see +1 on some stats doesn’t mean the card doesn’t perform a lot better, which Auba does as I ran his NIF for 50 games.

el7SVJx.png

D3 and WL

Auba is 280 currently.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro

With the market so low you can do the sbc for the same price as his base card. I did and I’m not a clever buyer and don’t snipe. To say SBC’s are to expensive but the market is dead is just contradicting yourself, you can have one or another but you can’t have both.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    Safk001 wrote: »

With the market so low you can do the sbc for the same price as his base card. I did and I’m not a clever buyer and don’t snipe. To say SBC’s are to expensive but the market is dead is just contradicting yourself, you can have one or another but you can’t have both.

Sbc prices aren’t static. They set them with the current state of the market in mind. So when I see Milner 250k. Draxler 210k. That is too expensive for me. They’re setting coin prices on these sbc’s. If the market was up they would ask less for them to get them to that coin price. It’s not a contradiction at all.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    xFATAL wrote: »
    EA has removed the fun from FUT full stop and made it 100% a money making business model, I get it that's what they're supposed to do but IMO they've crossed the line between keeping the consumer happy and making money. They don't care about improving servers or gameplay as they've already shown this year with the countless patches that make the game worse. But as long as FP sales remain high nothing will ever improve.

Exactly
  • starfox1284
    2509 posts Fans' Favourite
    The market is only bad for investors....the vast majority of players are attainable which in my opinion is good for the player.
  • Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's fine as it is, if you're trading daily, you'll reach Gullit in a few weeks.

There has been points with silvers over the past 2 weeks where you could easily make 300k a day with little effort.

I am a decent trader but I would love some tips on how you earn that a day with silvers!
    Pm me if you want. Maybe we could exchange some tips :)

• OZero
    6873 posts Big Money Move
    I think it makes most of the players being affordable which is good. Yes the best five players are expensive and that’s why normally you would only see one of them in a team instead of all of them which is also good.

If it’s like 19 every team we play against would be Neymar Mbappe Ronaldo again.

At least have some variety during the first few months
  • Hahahahaydn
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    Lol
  • ozcs_69
    3994 posts National Call-Up
    only a short sighted moron will ask EA not to release daily sbc, becuase he doesnt know how to use that to his advantage
  • The Zodiac
    233 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    to hell with the player prices, this a football game not trading game.

go play forex if you love trading so much
  • AznSW
    1783 posts Fans' Favourite
    They’re keeping prices low and giving out basicly free packs which are good for the F2P.

I don’t know why people are complaining.
    My last FUT was 17 where there were no such things as SBC packs and this is def a huge improvement imo.
  • Caspertjuh
    1274 posts Professional
    Personally I hate this market. I have no time to play & trade, so i only play.

At this moment i have got a decent team, but upgrades are really pricey (the top tier cards). So i have to rely on rewards, but getting a walkout is difficult enough, let alone a valuable walkout as everything is discard price. Opening rewards therefore is not really interesting anymore.

You have to be one of the happy few to pack a top tier or icon to improve your team.
  • BeefyRabouter
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    Caspertjuh wrote: »
    Personally I hate this market. I have no time to play & trade, so i only play.

At this moment i have got a decent team, but upgrades are really pricey (the top tier cards). So i have to rely on rewards, but getting a walkout is difficult enough, let alone a valuable walkout as everything is discard price. Opening rewards therefore is not really interesting anymore.

You have to be one of the happy few to pack a top tier or icon to improve your team.

This exactly. People only point to traders, but even now the higher tier players keep rising. Icons like Cruyff are around the same price as last year, while EA didnt release primes and PIM's yet to counter that. Obviously that failed and with the crappy pack value you get it's going to be more of an uneven race to get there.

Stop pointing to traders for faulting the market, it's EA messing things up. Don't be blinded by the "free" icons you get. It makes you grind the game with a crap team in a competitive mode while sucking up time for icons that don't even surpass the meta for 80%.
  • BeefyRabouter
    OZero wrote: »
    I think it makes most of the players being affordable which is good. Yes the best five players are expensive and that’s why normally you would only see one of them in a team instead of all of them which is also good.

If it’s like 19 every team we play against would be Neymar Mbappe Ronaldo again.

Variety? Every team is still Rashford up top right now instead of Mbappe...Love the variety.
  • OZero

Variety? Every team is still Rashford up top right now instead of Mbappe...Love the variety.

To be honest I played against WBY and Son more than Rashford.
  • Queens11
    2309 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    "we want more sbcs, you suck!"

"we've changed our mind, we want less sbcs, you suck!"

I want SBC’s that are healthy for the game. Player SBC’s. Anybody that has any level of intelligence knows multiple pack sbc’s are the absolute worst thing for the health of the market. Good player SBC’s are what make this game healthy. And to this point they’re either good cards that are grossly overpriced. Bad cards that are grossly overpriced. Or bad to average cards that are moderately overpriced. Ligue 1 potm, Pukki, Alexis/mhki have been the only three they nailed. Promes was pretty close. Lewandowski was about right. But they have since gone way off the reservation.

And how did pukki ,alexis and league 1 potm sbc do absolutely anything to help the market
    Your saying u think dirt cheap sbc is good for the market when u can basically do them with junk just lying in your club
    Your comments are very confusing do u want expensive sbc to boost the market or is cheaper useless sbc s the way to go
    Post edited by Queens11 on
  • BeefyRabouter

Same crap different name.
  • OZero

Same crap different name.

And Lewan? Scream Muller? Morales? Osimhen?

• Noviembre17
    623 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is like, a crying customer in a market because of cheap prices.

Pack cheap players to buy cheap players. If you arent an invester you should be happy for cheap prices.
  • Futfanatic
    15221 posts World Class
    AznSW wrote: »
    They’re keeping prices low and giving out basicly free packs which are good for the F2P.

I don’t know why people are complaining.
    My last FUT was 17 where there were no such things as SBC packs and this is def a huge improvement imo.

Well you just answered yourself. You missed 2 years of FUT experience so that's why you don't understand.

Your opinion is a little bit irrelevant here, please don't take it as an insult.
  • OZero
    This is like, a crying customer in a market because of cheap prices.

Pack cheap players to buy cheap players. If you arent an invester you should be happy for cheap prices.

Because some tryhards customers want to have a stacked team to stomp past the casual customers