D pad users ... its ourtime. Patch notes

Comments

• Smsalnuaimi
    863 posts Professional
    amrbido_9 wrote: »
    Why do you use the D Pad?

Why do u care ? If it suits another one leave him as long as it doesn't bother you :)

Because analog sticks have been on playstation controllers since the PS1 and other controllers for longer.

Well im used to it since sega days
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3584 posts National Call-Up
    warrent80 wrote: »
    warrent80 wrote: »
    Thought i was alone using the D-Pad, respect lads.

D-Pad is the best mate since childhood

I hear you mt

After using D pads from Nintendo NES times i find it impossible to use the analogue left stick or right when using the d pad; just not symmetrically placed hands (dont get started on xbox controllers). If you need to use both sticks at once that seems alot easier.

In Fifa 17, 18 and 19 it was near impossible (for me) to do the body feint combos using the d pad which was massive.

Stop being a baby. It takes one day to reset your muscle memory and another to adapt to the stick. I can't even imagine how people play without full 360 movement. It's a major handicap for no good reason.
  • Knowlesdinho
    11377 posts Has That Special Something

Why do u care ? If it suits another one leave him as long as it doesn't bother you :)

Hi @amrbido_9, I'm sorry if you feel that I was attacking, I really wasn't. I just wanted to understand why people use the D pad? I was wondering if it's perhaps due to a disability, or like some have said, due to being unable to adapt to the analogue stick.

I have an interest in gaming with disabilities having 2 siblings that are disabled, so it was absolutely a genuine question.

I remember watching a video of a severely disabled guy playing Starcraft 2 and it amazed me how good he was despite having to adapt so much.
  • amrbido_9 wrote: »
    Fifafuthed wrote: »
    Glad it got fixed for you.
    Still can't understand why you wouldn't want to upgrade to the analogue sticks but each to their own

Cause D-pad is better ?

Lol
  • amrbido_9
    391 posts An Exciting Prospect

Hi @amrbido_9, I'm sorry if you feel that I was attacking, I really wasn't. I just wanted to understand why people use the D pad? I was wondering if it's perhaps due to a disability, or like some have said, due to being unable to adapt to the analogue stick.

I have an interest in gaming with disabilities having 2 siblings that are disabled, so it was absolutely a genuine question.

I remember watching a video of a severely disabled guy playing Starcraft 2 and it amazed me how good he was despite having to adapt so much.

@Knowlesdinho None taken mate. I know you meant well no worries, its all good. Its just i love d-pad better since i was a kid. Not a disability or something. Its just some people love playing the analogue and some people like the D-pad like me. So everyone should use what he feels comfortable with without anyone insulting the others like most of the people here.

And again, it's all good mate no worries. Have a good day ! ;)
  • kraid
    2865 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bah all this I'm old I cant change stuff is giving us older gamers a bad name. I'm 38 and using the analogue sticks, theres really no excuse. If you say I just cant be bothered to switch fair enough. But us oldies can do anything the younger lads can!

Even though it may take a little longer...
  • Tradey
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Cause im old and used to it and cant change the habit

I'm curious as to how well you do online? It would be quite funny if the actual key to success in this game is to use the D pad :joy:

I use it and have got elite 3 every time so far 😂 Much to my friends amazement! I honestly couldn't change . Too old lol.
  • Yermawfc
    2113 posts Fans' Favourite
    Was gonna do some light mocking but then I remembered I still use Pez buttons 12 years since I last owned pez 😂

im an alternate user tae
  • warrent80
    422 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Hibee wrote: »
    I still use Pro Evo buttons but amazed anyone uses the D pad. Just can’t imagine you have the same level of control.

I use pro evo buttons too

Im square too the early PES were great for thier time especially 4
  • Gaz41S
    314 posts Sunday League Hero
    Was gonna do some light mocking but then I remembered I still use Pez buttons 12 years since I last owned pez 😂

Same here, from the days of Bobby Petta and Henrik Larsson ripping it up for Celtic!
  • Liamalone
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 29

Me as well, I still call the buttons square, triangle etc too from pre xxybox days :(
  • starfox1284
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero

LOL thought I was the only one....just what I am used to when playing a football game.
  • starfox1284
    1948 posts Play-Off Hero

Because analog sticks have been on playstation controllers since the PS1 and other controllers for longer.

I use the D pad on the PS when I had them, never liked the placement of the analog stick on their remote. Its the main reason I only play on xbox now.
  • They Caged Non
    4854 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 29
    Interested to know what defines 'old'?

Asking for a friend.
  • Delboy13710
    5222 posts Big Money Move
    I was dpad for eternity last year I decided to change to analog takes a while to get used to but it's worth it . Also no more hard thumbs 😂
  • VelvetThunder
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Why can't you do a fake shot when using d-pad?
  • mihain247
    1478 posts Play-Off Hero
    What's a D pad
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4903 posts National Call-Up
    I can understand as I can't play any game shooter without inverted axis. I have tried but I just end up running round looking at my feet or the sky :D
  • Knowlesdinho
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    I can understand as I can't play any game shooter without inverted axis. I have tried but I just end up running round looking at my feet or the sky :D

Yeah what's with that?
  • Getting news from those that have downloaded the update that the d pad fake shot is still broken, anyone confirm this.....
  • Tradey
    110 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    ayuyu_254 wrote: »
    Getting news from those that have downloaded the update that the d pad fake shot is still broken, anyone confirm this.....

Works for me?
  • Smsalnuaimi
    863 posts Professional
    Works for me too
  • Dutch3723
    559 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Fellow d pad user here, always have done and tried the analogue but it made no difference to my wl finish so I’ve stuck with what I’m happy with! Has the latch changed free kicks / penalties with the d pad?