352 viable?

JED_JD
1696 posts Fans' Favourite
Been using the 433 and enjoying it for the width but I do prefer 2 striker formations, just wondering if it is viable this year to use, that or the 4222? Anyone used these? Any thoughts or success?

Comments

• Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    3-5-2 is definitely viable but you need the right type of players and right tactics. There’s a YouTube channel called “neal guides” who has done a really in depth video on it, well worth a look.
  • JED_JD
    Thanks I'll have a gander and see if it's something I can work on
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6217 posts Big Money Move
    Run the fut market also has a 352 guide to break drop back. But imo you have to be very competent defending to use it.
  • greif44
    3655 posts National Call-Up
    In 19 I've had multiple G1 hits with 352.

This year G2 with some games left is my best so far with ~300-400k team. It's definitely viable in Gold. Defending might be a bit challenging if you've never played it before.
  • JED_JD
    Run the fut market also has a 352 guide to break drop back. But imo you have to be very competent defending to use it.

Well that's me who can't use it then 😂
  • JED_JD
    greif44 wrote: »
    In 19 I've had multiple G1 hits with 352.

This year G2 with some games left is my best so far with ~300-400k team. It's definitely viable in Gold. Defending might be a bit challenging if you've never played it before.

What team did you use?
  • freakjas
    9277 posts League Winner
    I prefer 3412 tbh
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    I used 352 in the last WL, finished G2.
    Defending is not a problem, it works fine against counters with the right instructions.
    Still hard to score against PTB.
  • TheSBCKing
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    i've used it when i desperately need goals and it works really well. I dont think i've ever conceded when i do it and i have waves of attacks one after the other. Once i've equalised, i set the RM and LM to drop back and 1 of the CDMs to stay back while attacking but you sometimes need to sub on a player at RM and LM because they get knackered.
  • They Caged Non
    6258 posts Big Money Move
    Its decent in div rivals, awful in WL from my experience. im casual so i guess that may have something to do with it.
  • Denz
    2850 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've enjoyed it this year, doesn't feel as easily exposed as previous years. I do get my wingers to come back on defence which helps a bit.

Felt my defending overall has improved as you learn to try to stop situations arising before you get 3 on 3. Sometimes can't be helped though and that's the price you pay for have so many options going forward.