Seandimes 4222 possession - guide (currently under construction)

Comments

• diavolo
    427 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    Doucure IF looks interesting, what do you think?
    https://www.futbin.com/20/player/43607/abdoulaye-doucouré
  • JoyW
    2930 posts National Call-Up
    Flymi wrote: »
    JoyW wrote: »
    Anyone tried Griezmann and ben yedder strike combo?

I did, and it's extremely good, with Coman as left CAM where he really plays very good, until I packed Neymar this morning so bye bye Coman

Would neymar not be a better striker than cam?

But got OTW Griezmann and OTW Yedder up top. So not sure Griezmann is good enough as left CAM
  • ASX
    3538 posts National Call-Up
    diavolo wrote: »

Was thinking the same. Decent work rates, great defensive stats and tall.
  • ShaunCPFC
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Keep changing my mind..

What do people reckon of..

Aguero - Lautaro Martinez (RED IF)
    Martial/Sane/F. Anderson - Dybala
    Pogba - Nainggolan (RED IF)
    PL LB - Gomez - Scream Otamendi - OTW AWB
    De Gea

Already got De Gea, OTW AWB, Pogba, Nain, Martinez so trying to work them in, the pain being Nains RED is a RW !
  • Wigm88
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    ASX wrote: »
    diavolo wrote: »

Was thinking the same. Decent work rates, great defensive stats and tall.

Let me know if you test him.. Currently have Sissoko there, but thinking IF Doucoure or Matuidi 🤔
  • Nivaze
    2973 posts National Call-Up
    I might have to sacrifice some chem on Allan to get rid of Mertens because you might aswell play with one striker in D2 as Mertens is non existent and is eating grass more than Neymar does inreal.

Scream Romagnoli is amazing tho, can’t believe he was just 70k considering Lenglet goes for 130k!
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hi all. Really enjoying the thread again this year. Been lurking if not very active here. I'm having exactly the same issue as a few of you seem to be having with finding a striker to play next to Ben Yedder (had his OTW since the start and am never even going to try to replace him this time).

So far I've been using POTM Lewa (really good finisher but pace is too important in this game unfortunately) and an untradeable Lucas Moura (too inconsistent).

Probably will settle on Neymar or Mbappe but don't want to unbalance my team to buy them at moment. Got about 600k spare to get a striker and no idea who to get.

Anyone used a striker they could recommend? Considering Son but he seems massively overpriced and imagine his price will plummet very quickly.

Anyway, keep up the good work @Seandimes. Great thread yet again.
  • ASX
    Hi all. Really enjoying the thread again this year. Been lurking if not very active here. I'm having exactly the same issue as a few of you seem to be having with finding a striker to play next to Ben Yedder (had his OTW since the start and am never even going to try to replace him this time).

So far I've been using POTM Lewa (really good finisher but pace is too important in this game unfortunately) and an untradeable Lucas Moura (too inconsistent).

Probably will settle on Neymar or Mbappe but don't want to unbalance my team to buy them at moment. Got about 600k spare to get a striker and no idea who to get.

Anyone used a striker they could recommend? Considering Son but he seems massively overpriced and imagine his price will plummet very quickly.

Firmino has been brilliant for me; might be too similar to Ben Yedder but you can really notice him up front with his defensive stats, top notch finishing and dribbling.
  • EnzoGambaro
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park

Firmino has been brilliant for me; might be too similar to Ben Yedder but you can really notice him up front with his defensive stats, top notch finishing and dribbling.

Never thought about Bobby, actually. Loved his card last year as well. Definitely one to consider.
  • Nivaze
    Bobby is alright indeed, just bought Griezmann to see how that goes with Yedder up top.
  • Seandimes
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Nivaze wrote: »
    I might have to sacrifice some chem on Allan to get rid of Mertens because you might aswell play with one striker in D2 as Mertens is non existent and is eating grass more than Neymar does inreal.

Scream Romagnoli is amazing tho, can’t believe he was just 70k considering Lenglet goes for 130k!

Thought I was the only one not getting along that well with Mertens. He just falls over so easily, and I find it actually hard to even get a shot off with him. Gonna stick with Rashford for now, liking him the best out of all the strikers I tried next to Ben Yedder
  • Nivaze
    Seandimes wrote: »

Thought I was the only one not getting along that well with Mertens. He just falls over so easily, and I find it actually hard to even get a shot off with him. Gonna stick with Rashford for now, liking him the best out of all the strikers I tried next to Ben Yedder

Well, I usually like small agile players and his finishing was actually great but for me he was quite pointless in the build up as everytime he received the ball he just drops down by the slightest touch. Yedder is also weak for example but he for some reason stays up.

I’ve just played a game with Griezmann and Yedder and it was great, it’s actually nice having 2 H/H strikers as they both keep going up and down which makes it very unpredictable for the opponent.

I have to say Griezmann’s dribbling is so smooth and his aggression really helps too, he feels so good with the L1 dribbling.

I just hate having expensive players in my squad as I know I will lose coins on them, but at the end of the day we have to enjoy the game I guess.
  • ShaunCPFC
    4308 posts National Call-Up
    @Seandimes What instructions you using with the updated Custom Tactics ? Know you'd tweaked a few from the original post. Cheers mate
  • Seandimes
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »
    @Seandimes What instructions you using with the updated Custom Tactics ? Know you'd tweaked a few from the original post. Cheers mate

At the moment both cdms cut passing lanes, one cdm stay back, both fullbacks stay back and overlap
  • ASX
    edited October 2019
    How would you guys improve this squad?
    mpopZFE.jpg

I have 230k to spend.

TBH squad feels really balanced.

I feel Lo Celso could be replaced but he doesn't feel like an 83 card.

I feel LM is the weakest area but the options are few, thinking just wait to see what other sbc are released.

I can afford Ramos at CB, his price is pretty stable, but his work rates bother me.
  • Seandimes
    Bernardo Silva seems to be the weakest link if you play him RM. Otherwise I would save up and go for the expensive players like Kante and Son.
  • ASX
    Bernardo Silva seems to be the weakest link if you play him RM. Otherwise I would save up and go for the expensive players like Kante and Son.

Cheers dude.

Have you checked Silva stats? Hes unreal. 92 balance, ball control and dribbling, 94 agility...base stats...hes so good.

Think ill save like you said and get maybe Pogba over lo celso or a world class striker.
  • Seandimes

Cheers dude.

Have you checked Silva stats? Hes unreal. 92 balance, ball control and dribbling, 94 agility...base stats...hes so good.

Think ill save like you said and get maybe Pogba over lo celso or a world class striker.

His stats look nice, but pace and workrates arent ideal. Pretty sure you could get Dembele into the team who is excellent, if you take Semedo at RB.
  • Nivaze
    Griezmann’s playmaking abilities are so good, and his positioning is so good! I really like 2 H/H strikers and I feel like getting rid of Serie A completely.

But I have no idea who to get as CDMs, who are you currently using as CDMs? @Seandimes
  • ASX
    edited October 2019

Cheers dude.

His stats look nice, but pace and workrates arent ideal. Pretty sure you could get Dembele into the team who is excellent, if you take Semedo at RB.

Good point on Dembele. Cheers

Only issue is Walker is untradeable :(
  • Seandimes
    Griezmann’s playmaking abilities are so good, and his positioning is so good! I really like 2 H/H strikers and I feel like getting rid of Serie A completely.

But I have no idea who to get as CDMs, who are you currently using as CDMs? @Seandimes

Still Ndombele and Sissoko. Will upgrade Ndombele to Kante, but I dont want to spend a lot of coins on a player before the second batch of Scream cards tomorrow
  • Nivaze
    Opinions on this?

E570-F610-C1-E1-42-D2-898-B-28-E2824559-D4.png

I like Allan alot and Manolas is solid too and I don’t feel like dropping like 130k on Lenglet, I could get Sissoko too instead of Goretzka but not sure about him lol.
  • Seandimes
    To be honest, get Sissoko instead of Goretzka. Theres a reason this guy still starts in multi million coin teams. Other than that the team looks really good. Neuer is the only keeper I really hate coming up against, he just saves everything that isnt shot perfectly...

• DXK
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hey guys,

Tried several things last week, but I think 4-2-2-2 and 4-4-1-1 are my go to formations this year.
    Because of the Griezmann / Yedder hype in this topic, I bought them and now have this:

wmbclmi.jpg

Ingame:

TJ7wQ5H.jpg

- How would you guys finish this? I could go BPL or La Liga.
    - Would you guys think this is a good team for an less experienced player? --> Most player are weak / not that fast.

Hopefully some nice tips :)
  • JoyW
    2930 posts National Call-Up
    DXK wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Tried several things last week, but I think 4-2-2-2 and 4-4-1-1 are my go to formations this year.
    Because of the Griezmann / Yedder hype in this topic, I bought them and now have this:

wmbclmi.jpg

Ingame:

TJ7wQ5H.jpg

- Would you guys think this is a good team for an less experienced player? --> Most player are weak / not that fast.

Wow this is almost my team :D

What's your budget?
  • Wigm88
    217 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sissoko is beast! Only changing him to Kante when I can afford him or if tomorrow brings some nice CDM's I can link 😊 Highly recommend him!
  • Chalmo
    863 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019
    Hello guys, looks like everyone is getting ready for Weekend League.

I'll do my first one this Weekend!!!

And for the occasion, I just went Step 2 in my Bundesliga Project. Haven't tried the team yet but now it looks like that (picture below).

I have Goreztka and Gnabry on the bench. Will try them to know which 2 CDMs I start with.

What would you do guys?

Cheers

EDIT:
    Burki => Neuer
    Tah => Hernandez
    Delaney => Witsel
    Tolisso => Sabitzer Scream / Goretzka
    Havertz => Reus
    Sancho = > Gnabry

1571931770-capture-d-ecran-2019-10-24-a-17-42-31.png
  • Seandimes
    DXK wrote: »
    Hey guys,

wmbclmi.jpg

Ingame:

TJ7wQ5H.jpg

That team looks excellent. Martial left, Roussillon lb and you are set! Definitely a good team, no matter the skill level. Personally not a fan of Griezmann, but he works well for @Nivaze .

@Chalmo First WL ever, or first for this FIFA? I dont think I would change much about that team. I d start Gnabry over Sancho. Sancho's finishing is a liability, but he will be good when you can sub him on against tired defenses. Also would play Roussillon over Schulz, imo defending ability is more important on a "stay back" fullback than pace.
  • Salvatori
    2049 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive been away from the 4222 for a week or so now, after really struggling post WL i decided to flip over and try 3 ATB tactics. Had the usual experience - worked nicely for around 10 games, got me promoted a division, felt nice. Then the a*se fell out of it suddenly and for 4 days or so now, i have just been unable to win a game, getting smashed around in every single aspect, despite a pretty mega team.

Then this morning, i manage to pull YBY AND Doucoure as reds :D

So between those 2 nice reds and my constant getting played off the pitch with 352, i feel like i might come back to 4222 for another bash.

I also pulled 89 Hierro from UCL MM the other night, so im pretty flush. The only downside to 4222 with my current players is i bough 89 Scholes who is a lovely central CAM, but almost certainly not well suited to the 4222. He is tradeable though so i can cash in and make a minimal loss.

SO based on what i have / want to use from my club right now, here is what i have to work with:

a9077492aa988a80a3c87f287e77bf4b.jpg

4 slots to fill, although Douglas Costa for LM and not sure how much better there is available. By selling off Scholes plus all else i am not using (including OTW Frenkie), i can raise about 1.1m

So for that, obvious CM fit is Kante, CB probably OTW Fernandez (which also allows me to replace Schmeichal with Neuer) and then LB / LM could still be Costa / Alex Sandro.

The other option, to max out everything i have..........sell Van Basten. Get Mbappe + Kante and probably just about still afford Hernandez at CB and may have to scrimpt a bit on LB / LM

Options....... so........... some questions for the good men in here who are making the 4222 rock:

1) Is 2 x "true DM" types - e.g. Kante and Doucoure, too defensive in this shape? I can keep OTW Frenkie in place of Doucoure if i wanted

2) Whats the story with LM, when you dont want / cant afford Hazard or IF Griez - Is Martial / Douglas Costa basically not far off as good as you will get?

3) Is Mbappe + Kante better than 2 Icons (other than Chem purposes, obvs)
  • Nivaze
    Griezmann is actually very good if you’re able to keep it on his left, he scores with his right every now and then but in pressure situations his right is pointless.

But I have the same issues with 4* WF, it’s like they put no power on the shots so it just rolls in the keepers hands.

He makes up for it with his incredible dribbling and link up play tho, he feels so smooth on the ball and the L1 dribbling and drag backs are so nice with him.

Here’s some Griezmann action lol.