Icon Swaps - The Grind

The_Unknown
278 posts Sunday League Hero
Ok so although I’m happy with the idea to get these icons, I do feel the work involved is just a grind, simply no enjoyment using the players for these challenges, it’s just one big grind, where’s the fun EA ? Why are you destroying the game ?

Comments

• Fifa_Hawk_85
    16541 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    Its not that much of a grind tbh. Tonight I was able to do Golden battles, CSL, MLS, Eredivisie, First owner EPL, first owner Bundes and golden rivals.

That's all in one evening.

Ps and I actually had fun doing them it didn't feel like a grind at all as gameplay was smooth and responsive.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    At least you’re grinding it and not demoting yourself to the lower divisions to get easy wins, rivals is screwed for casual players like me thanks to this objective.
  • SYMMO19
    1330 posts Professional
    Got 1 la liga and 1 bundesliga remaining then i've done all 12.

Must admit it's been annoying getting shhhssssed by full meta teams, but amusing when beating them with players i'd never normally use and finding cheap gems like William Carvalho.

Started with 1507 points and now on 1509 so it's doable without relegating just pretty difficult...as it should be for an essentially free icon.
  • BadSeedsFC
    1352 posts Professional
    It's an Icon man... I have never had an Icon in my squad and, although the grinding can get difficult, it's going to be rewarding when you get the Icon that you want.

I don't have the time to complete all the tokens, but at the moment I already have 6 of them, and I think I'm going to get that Ian Wright on November. They somehow made a grinding objective that it's possible even for the casuals. Coming from EA that has to be considered a miracle.
  • lastfifa
    2311 posts Fans' Favourite
    Best part of this game. Yes it can be grind but i like it more than playing rivals with same team week after week.
  • Safehands84
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    You literally have a month to do them all. I honestly think this is the best thing they done since god knows when. Take you time, and enjoy using different players rather than the same old all the time . Reality as well you only need to use 4 players not from your first time. So the balance is fair.

The only issue is people relegating themselves. I'm a div2 player normally, around 1.8k-2k rarely take a beating but I'm getting hammered regular at around 1k points by people far superior to me. The relegating is a problem. I think a fairer system would be like pes where you dont change division until the following week. Wouldn't stop it alltother but would make people think twice about doing it, having poorer rewards etc. I've just stuck with it, kept playing and if getting hammered soub on few silvers and hope to sneak a goal for the other objectives.
  • Asht1981
    1050 posts Professional
    Loved these objectives kept me intrested in the game n gave me something to aim at rather than just grind pointless wl or dr
  • Nervous_Nick
    6357 posts Big Money Move
    It’s not a grind...just too many SB games but lots of days to complete them.
    Dzeko scream is grind!!
  • Dubbly
    1236 posts Professional
    Having to win ~20 squad battles and ~30 online matches in a whole month is not a grind.

It’s a grind if you do it in a few days, sure. But an average of one win a day (which is a daily objective) is not a grind at all.
  • V l u m s d e n
    2270 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have completed all objectives that have been set and enjoying fifa. But yeh guess sum people can’t cope with it.
  • Numberofluck27
    1022 posts Professional
    its for aaaaaaan icon.. what do you expect? Wondering what we need to do for the next 12 tokens and waiting for the moaning....
  • DannySTFC
    4352 posts National Call-Up
    Drogba is 1.5m on the market. Would you prefer to pay 1.5m, do the SBC like previous years which would cost a fortune, or get it for free just by playing the game? People want everything with no effort.
  • TheTataGuy
    3888 posts National Call-Up
    I should be a grind
  • TheMightyBee
    3109 posts National Call-Up
    It wasn't that tough to be honest and I'm a possession based player who gets counter attacked 200 times a game.
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    DannySTFC wrote: »
    Drogba is 1.5m on the market... or get it for free just by playing the game?

I'm not that informed about all this, but where can I get this free Drogba you talk about, I play the game almost every day. :)
  • kraid
    5268 posts Big Money Move
    Anarki301 wrote: »

I'm not that informed about all this, but where can I get this free Drogba you talk about, I play the game almost every day. :)

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/496296/the-icon-swap-info-thread#latest
  • Mr_Matchup1
    6431 posts Big Money Move
    I've got all 12 and I honestly think it's a lot better than icon sbcs, it was good fun trying out new players imo.I just wish there was an icon I wanted from this batch
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    Do I need to do the wah wah bit?
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Yeah I think it is a pretty good idea to be honest. I have 2 bundes and ligue 1 side to do then I have got 11 I won’t play weekend league so I can’t get 12.

It means we get to use different players and let’s be honest 3 online wins and 20 offline games is not a big ask for a pretty big reward is it?
  • Yermawfc
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite
    ive took guardiola and im 5 away from nesta when the second set of 12 come out im going to save for 1 palyer 20+ icons
  • Mr_Matchup1
    Yermawfc wrote: »
    ive took guardiola and im 5 away from nesta when the second set of 12 come out im going to save for 1 palyer 20+ icons

If you take Nesta and guardiola, schmeichel will be the only option for the remaining tokens. Personally I'd rather have one good icon
  • Yermawfc
    2212 posts Fans' Favourite

If you take Nesta and guardiola, schmeichel will be the only option for the remaining tokens. Personally I'd rather have one good icon

each to there own- i didnt have the motivation to grind out 24, might take ballack instead of nesta if i can achieve 10 out of next batch
  • Seandimes
    2996 posts National Call-Up

My condolences :neutral:
  • Mr_Matchup1

each to there own- i didnt have the motivation to grind out 24, might take ballack instead of nesta if i can achieve 10 out of next batch

Tbh I don't really like this batch I'd rather have a fun player like garrincha as an option
  • For me this is great, I am a casual player, professional level on single player and I flit between div 9 an 8 in rivals , I have 9 tokens, I won't get the fut champs 1 but should have 11 by the end of the week with ligue1 and Spanish still to do . The best bit has been the stress free playing with different players , Josef Martinez in mls was amazing, acheampong and boating in csl crazy, players

and at the end of this fun they will let me swap for 1 or 2 icons? All this by playing the game I love ,
    Hoping to get the Gerrard so I can sell my 86 version
    I lost 7-2 the other night but was happy because I scored my 20th first player goal to receive a swap token

Best thing in fifa for years
  • Anarki301
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    kraid wrote: »
    Anarki301 wrote: »

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/496296/the-icon-swap-info-thread#latest

Thanks, knew some of the info, but keep seeing ppl talk everywhere about free icons, so I thought, I might have missed something, not that I need any of those cards, but if it's free, why not.
  • Bapinho
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think EA did really well with this. Remember its only batch1 so i would think the better icons will come in batch 2 and 3; and already in batch 1 there are some really good icons that will last a very long time in peoples squad. Keane; ballack rio; nesta; gerrard; so many good options
  • Suarez8
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    I was surprised at how doable they are.
    Don't get me wrong it does take some time, but even for a average player like myself it was doable.
    Only need to do the WL one. Never played WL and still need to qualify, so this should be fun :D

PS: Got Scream Muller out of the SB-rewards thanks to this grind :#
  • Primofusion
    1061 posts Professional
    I’ve been playing FUT since the very first one, and I’ve never had an icon in my team, other than during the WC version when everyone had them.

I think this is a great idea, which reduces the gap between the casual and serious players and makes icons more accessible to everyone who enjoys playing the game.