Weekend league discussion

Comments

• Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    14-2, think that's me done for a few weeks. I'm selling up Thursday, will be playing MW over the next few weeks. My account is rigged anyway, never get an expensive player in rewards and no point in playing. Bored with my current team, about a million coins away from upgrading.
  • number7rocky
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 21
    Ended up playing to gold 1 with 3 games left. Was unplanned but I played a couple this morning to get to 16 so was going to play one game tonight for 17. (The extra games meant I wouldn't have to rivals in the week) Got 17 and thought I'd play one more said if I win I'll go for gold 1 for the 100k packs if I lose I'l stop on 17.

Of course I won by which point I was shattered from being awake since Sunday morning, managed another win which took alot out of me but at 19-5 hit a brick wall, I was done for, way to tired to play, which led to me making errors that cost me goals, mistiming challenges etc..which cost me 2 losses that otherwise wouldn't of happened.

I went 1-0 down in the next and was seriously worried how I was going to win another game feeling like this 😂 I'd already commited myself to playing to gold 1 at this point though. Dug in and got a 3-1 rage quit and calling it there. There's zero chance I'm winning another 3 in a row like this and anyway I'd rather the extra 100k pack.
  • number7rocky
    edited October 21
    Overall I'm very satisfied though as I really struggled at the start of this fifa and the first WL especially defensively. I'm far from perfect still in that regard but I concede alot less than before and now I feel I have it in me finish elite on this game.

I overplayed Saturday night aswell because I just wanted to get to gold 3 which also cost me a couple losses as I thought I wouldn't play any extra games Sunday, and the first few losses I took were all in et by a goal and should have been wins (Conceding a 93rd min equaliser, hitting the bar in et and conceding of the next attack etc..) so I feel I could of had elite this week if I planned to go for it. Though I don't really care anymore as elite rewards are trash and its just a game although I'm guilty of taking the rewards way to seriously the last few years.

I'll be sticking to gold 3 most weeks still anyway with an occasional weekend playing most/all my games it's not worth the grind and it's tedious to play the 1 depth drop back merchants, games are decided by lucky bounces and blocks falling to the attacker, mainly against but sometimes in my favour to, its also a very unrewarding game and luck plays to much of a part. I also only get smooth gameplay at night when I'm very tired, my sleeping pattern doesn't help with that as I work nights, wake up 3pm on Friday then would have to wake up Saturday morning again after not much sleep to play games if I'm doing all 30, so I really cba to put myself through it every week anymore 👍
  • number7rocky
    Community/game is to toxic to. Came across one of the worst losers I've ever played , he had the best team I faced this weekend with CR7, Pep Guardiola, Mbappe etc.. He was a good player and had plenty skills but was very aggressive going forward which I took advantage of to go 2-0, I got another couple goals late on from him leaving gaps at which point he pauses the game all 3 times (I'd skipped every replay, wasn't playing drop back etc..) and then scored an og, I still I sta skip like I did with all other goals, 92nd min he gets a pen and keeps changing the taker to delay time until the game forces him to shoot over the bar.

I sent him a message to ask if it was necessary to be a sore loser and I recieved messages from a different account abusing me (To avoid a ban on his main) So no point even reporting him. Sums up the community though. Guessing he needed to win as he seemed pretty aggressive 😂
  • Bato
    4 posts Ball Boy
    I stoped at silv 1 as soon as i hited 11 wins.Thats enogh for me :wink:
  • Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite
    I won't be playing a full 30 very often (played 29 this week)

With Death Stranding, Jedi, Outer Worlds, wanna get back into CTR now it has skilled match making

Just can't let on mode dominate. With Rivals you can play at your own pace
  • Community/game is to toxic to. Came across one of the worst losers I've ever played , he had the best team I faced this weekend with CR7, Pep Guardiola, Mbappe etc.. He was a good player and had plenty skills but was very aggressive going forward which I took advantage of to go 2-0, I got another couple goals late on from him leaving gaps at which point he pauses the game all 3 times (I'd skipped every replay, wasn't playing drop back etc..) and then scored an og, I still I sta skip like I did with all other goals, 92nd min he gets a pen and keeps changing the taker to delay time until the game forces him to shoot over the bar.

I sent him a message to ask if it was necessary to be a sore loser and I recieved messages from a different account abusing me (To avoid a ban on his main) So no point even reporting him. Sums up the community though. Guessing he needed to win as he seemed pretty aggressive 😂

Haha, having a second account only to rant. People have issues.

I played someone who had messi, neymar, kante, mbappe, ronaldo, van dijk, varane and he played 1 depth drop.back.. Thats unpenetratable, so i kept possession and waited for him to attack me. Which he didnt, so i just stood still and made picture of the drop back.

He scored the 1-0 from a cleared corner and shushed.me.to.the half way line. I lost and messaged him why he played PTB and than he starts about me keeping possesion 😂

These people are just something else.
  • Rippa
    1640 posts Play-Off Hero
    11 with 8 left. Meh. For me ite good though.
  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    This game brings 0 joy. We've got only ranked modes to play during week, with only credit card teams in top ratings. Everyone has the same teams.
    Ranked + FC, with drop backers and toxicity.
    Im out. Ive never quitted fifa so fast, but this one is blowing my mind.
    No modes, no fun, pointless grind, lags, delay etc etc. Its too much. And those dudes, who dodge others to play in tournys. Its just pathetic.
  • MHoney1234
    8458 posts League Winner
    Crazy how dead this discussion is in comparison to previous years
  • i2-TempZ-2i
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

It's not even just this thread, entire ps4 section of the forum is dead in comparison
  • JuliantbX
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    JuliantbX wrote: »
    20-8 and gave away the last 2 games. Hope it’ll help people to reach their next tier

I had one gifting me a win when I was 18-8, maybe it was you ? The guy played a full bronze team inclusing some icon swaps and scored an own goal before quitting. In the end this gift was helpfull to finish 20-9 (after starting 11-8 on friday) :smile:
    @EisenErmin i did play the futswaps and bronze team mate, haha! Nice!
  • EisenErmin
    6722 posts Big Money Move
    20-8 and gave away the last 2 games. Hope it’ll help people to reach their next tier

I had one gifting me a win when I was 18-8, maybe it was you ? The guy played a full bronze team inclusing some icon swaps and scored an own goal before quitting. In the end this gift was helpfull to finish 20-9 (after starting 11-8 on friday) :smile:

Your gift was very much appreciated :smile: After your gift I was 19-8 and had 3 games left for only 1 win to finish Gold1. Finally made it in the second game and finished 20-9.
  • JuliantbX
    2217 posts Fans' Favourite

Your gift was very much appreciated :smile: After your gift I was 19-8 and had 3 games left for only 1 win to finish Gold1. Finally made it in the second game and finished 20-9.
    Good to hear. Let’s see if you can pick griezmann tomorrow :smile:
  • EisenErmin
    6722 posts Big Money Move

Good to hear. Let’s see if you can pick griezmann tomorrow :smile:

And Ben Yedder please :smile: Good luck for your picks aswell.
  • MHoney1234
    8458 posts League Winner
    MHoney1234 wrote: »

It's not even just this thread, entire ps4 section of the forum is dead in comparison

True mate all the good dudes gone.
  • number7rocky
    Ghost town 😂 I'm 0-0 currently as I'm doing overtime tonight. Got reasonable rewards (around 150k) from stopping at Gold 1 last week but I'm pretty sure I can't be arsed to play that many games this weekend even though the 100k packs would be nice.

Still look forward to rewards on Thursday's although less so than before, used to wait up for them but now I open them when I wake up in the afternoon. 95% you end up disappointed and underwhelmed anyway.
  • Flymi
    548 posts An Exciting Prospect
    7-3. Probably should be 8-2. Beat a couple of guys I should have lost too, but lost to the worst drop back **** you'll ever see. Can score an instant shot while facing away from goal but you can't even score a 1 on 1 from 5 yards.
  • t-mase
    526 posts An Exciting Prospect
    3-1 this far. learnt my lesson of playing to many on Friday night and will probably play around 12 tomorrow aiming for a gold 2 finish for the first time this FIFA.
  • Jobiwan
    3350 posts National Call-Up
    12-3 atm. Best start this year so far. Only 1 loss i could complain about where the ball kept falling back to him for his three goals. Been decent today...
  • number7rocky
    edited October 26
    Grinded out some games after work. 8-2. Should of stopped after the 5th game where I lost 3-2 in et again... Just played tilted after that and I was already tired. For the first 10 games aswell I was only facing hardcore players with strong teams and icon from fut swaps already. One guy tried an El Tornado volley with Scream Ibra and air kicked it... Dude this ain't fifa 19 no more 😂

Hands down though this is the worst fifa I've ever played. After the first 2 games I've played about 8 games straight agaisnt 1 depth drop back, ai blocks and everyone behind the ball and counter, playing for cutbacks.

At least last year you had finesse and then headers as op and broken as they were. Now it's just hoping to get a lucky bounce to break people down.

• Mathew1606
    2186 posts Fans' Favourite
    Typical of me

9-3 to 14-10

Gave up on gold 3 such inconsistent game play, for the 1st time this year had 3/4 games with speed up lag which cost me too!

Really really resent playing this game with the game play like it currently is

I dominated so many games and ended up loosing them by a single goal
  • Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    Ive quitted this game already. The worst edition of all time.
    Shame EA, just shame. Earning so much and providing Ur customers with almost dead servers, drop backs, delay etc. No words.
    Maybe in 21 smth willa change.
  • t-mase
    Matinxos wrote: »
    Shame EA, just shame. Earning so much and providing Ur customers with almost dead servers, drop backs, delay etc. No words.

I don't think this year's edition is that bad at all to be honest.
  • Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite
    t-mase wrote: »

I'm struggling to be honest. I stopped playing 18 due to crazy defense being meta. Didn't buy 19. Now I'm back playing 20 and drop back is meta again.
    I just want an enjoyable game not a slog
  • Nauticius
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    5-1, a fine start for me.

Loss was a bit meh, just felt like he wasnt much better but opponents custom tactics countered mine perfectly. Could have been connection issues too but not too bothered about it right now.

• Matinxos
    47 posts Park Captain
    edited October 26

For me it is.
    We dont even have casual online modes. Ive dinged 1800 rating and every game was pain. Drop back vs drop back with full meta credit card teams. Go on and try to do objectives for icons there. Dude who came with this idea, must have been drunk, idiot or both together.
  • t-mase

I'm struggling to be honest. I stopped playing 18 due to crazy defense being meta. Didn't buy 19. Now I'm back playing 20 and drop back is meta again.
    I just want an enjoyable game not a slog

learn to play against it. I don't know how you play but keep the ball and play a slow and patient game. these players eventually pull a defender out to a position that leaves a huge gap.
  • t-mase

For me it is.
    We dont even have casual online modes. Ive dinged 1800 rating and every game was pain. Drop back vs drop back with full meta credit card teams. Go on and try to do objectives for icons there. Dude who came with this idea, must have been drunk, idiot or both together.

you don't have to do the objectives? I'm not bothering. try and enjoy the game rather than letting it stress you it's not worth it.
  • Started of with 4-6, worst start ever but was losing very tight game so wasnt destroyed. Pulled it back to 14 wins with 3 games left but im gonna leave it there.