Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    So Roy Keane is the latest pundit to suggest that we sign Harry Kane next summer. He’s far too injury prone considering that Levy would probably make us fund Tottenham’s entire rebuild. Besides, it’s too early to judge Tony.

Would rather get a cheaper striker for competition / backup with Martial and use the saved money to strengthen the other positions we severely need signings in
  • Kman
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    So Roy Keane is the latest pundit to suggest that we sign Harry Kane next summer. He’s far too injury prone considering that Levy would probably make us fund Tottenham’s entire rebuild. Besides, it’s too early to judge Tony.

I've said it previously, but since I've said it, I've kinda went off the idea. I'd take son all day long however...

I wonder how much Son would be in today’s market? Great versatile player who could play anywhere across the front...surely be cheaper than Sancho?
  • finsfan85
    12947 posts Has That Special Something
    Kman wrote: »

I've said it previously, but since I've said it, I've kinda went off the idea. I'd take son all day long however...

I wonder how much Son would be in today’s market? Great versatile player who could play anywhere across the front...surely be cheaper than Sancho?

Price is your least concern when it comes to Sancho.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

It's a tough one. If it was from a club outside of the PL. I'd say around 75m...but because its a direct rival and Levy of all people... Probably nearer the 90m mark...
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    edited October 20
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Price is your least concern when it comes to Sancho.

We know. The need for CL (and alternative clubs' interest) just doesn't need to be mentioned every time the topic comes up.

200.gif
  • Ahmer50x
    20015 posts Club Captain
    edited October 20
    We're 7 points off and really should be considering secondary targets already.

If David Brooks comes back for Bournemouth in his pre-injury form, I really like him.

I also think regardless of other targets, the club should be grabbing Ryan Fraser on a bosman.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13787 posts Has That Special Something
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

If David Brooks comes back for Bournemouth in his pre-injury form, I really like him.

I also think regardless of other targets, the club should be grabbing Ryan Fraser on a bosman.

Fraser wouldn't be a terrible free pick up tbf, proven in the league.
  • arsenalap
    6185 posts Big Money Move

Fraser wouldn't be a terrible free pick up tbf, proven in the league.

Nope I was all for signing him. Still am but equally our youth have impressed me more than I thought.
  • Ahmer50x
    20015 posts Club Captain
    Actually, now that I think about it, he'll have 6 months left and Bournemouth shouldn't be in any danger of going down. Just bid 15m for Fraser in January and loan out Chong. He's not looked anywhere near ready.
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    edited October 20

Regarding Fraser, its dependent on where Ole sees Rashford's future. Clearly he's rightly expected to move back to the wing once Martial is ready to start again. If he stays on the LW then we have him and James to compete for that one spot long term. In that scenario there isn't a place for Fraser as he plays on the left. If we intend to move Rashford to the right wing then that opens up a spot for Fraser to compete with James on the left. (Obviously we need a RW signing regardless as well)
  • Ahmer50x
    20015 posts Club Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

Regarding Fraser, its dependent on where Ole sees Rashford's future. Clearly he's rightly expected to move back to the wing once Martial is ready to start again. If he stays on the LW then we have him and James to compete for that one spot long term. In that scenario there isn't a place for Fraser as he plays on the left. If we intend to move Rashford to the right wing then that opens up a spot for Fraser to compete with James on the left. (Obviously we need a RW signing regardless as well)

I mean, James can play both sides and we desperately need creativity. We could have Rashford/James/Fraser/New RW as our four options going into next season.
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    edited October 20
    Apollo wrote: »

I mean, James can play both sides and we desperately need creativity. We could have Rashford/James/Fraser/New RW as our four options going into next season.

Yeah James can play on both sides but we've seen that he's definitely more effective on the left. Just something worth considering if Rashford stays on the left wing as we'd have three options that all prefer the left side. I certainly wouldn't be against the signing, Fraser is a good player and PL proven, just worth considering given how long we've gone without a RW and if our main RW signing gets injured at some stage.
  • Ahmer50x
    20015 posts Club Captain
    Worth noting that Rashford's form seems to be picking up based on England and then today. The slump seems to be over and he's come through it with 4 league goals in 9 matches.

That projects to 17 league goals in the season. Same as Kane got last year.

I know some were pens but that's true for Aguero and Kane and all the top scorers in the league.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32221 posts National Team Captain
    Worth noting that Rashford's form seems to be picking up based on England and then today. The slump seems to be over and he's come through it with 4 league goals in 9 matches.

I know some were pens but that's true for Aguero and Kane and all the top scorers in the league.

and playing at LW.
  • finsfan85

Not true for Tammy
  • Wz000
    325 posts Sunday League Hero
    DJ was getting fouled quite a but today. Hopefully with the others coming back from injury we can improve
  • Wz000
    325 posts Sunday League Hero

Not true for Tammy

For a Chelsea fan you seem pretty obsessed about United.
  • finsfan85
    edited October 20
    Wz000 wrote: »

Not true for Tammy

Obsessed? He made a general statement about all the league’s top scorers. Tammy hasn’t had a penalty yet, and IS the league’s top scorer.
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    DJ was getting fouled quite a but today. Hopefully with the others coming back from injury we can improve

I hope so, was great having AWB back on the right today. Martial properly back next week (not just off the bench like today due to lack of fitness) will be a huge help, hopefully won't be much longer before Pogba and Shaw are back either.
  • Sellish
    9536 posts League Winner
    edited October 20
    Signing Kane would be a typical United signing. Please don't.
  • Keano
    14302 posts Has That Special Something

Not true for Tammy

😂
  • wth22
    10552 posts Has That Special Something
    Why would we not take arguably the best #9 in the world, who has everything in his game, even more creative than all our players except Pogba, aerial threat, clinical finisher, brilliant passing and vision, still very young and has an immense PL record? I'd be chomping at the bit to take Kane, even if it costs 200m, but I doubt he/Spurs would be on board.

I think Spurs' medical staff actually have to do a lot with his crocked record, say he's out 2 months then he's back in 2 weeks, then he gets injured again.
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    I'd love Kane, he is world class.
  • Pietu
    3643 posts National Call-Up
    Would you guys take Pukki?
  • Retro_G
    Pietu wrote: »

No, too old.
  • Pietu
    Retro_G wrote: »

No, too old.

And Mandzukic isn't?
  • Retro_G

No, too old.

And Mandzukic isn't?

Mandzukic wouldn't cost near as much as Pukki, don't want Mandzukic either.
  • Pietu

No, too old.

And Mandzukic isn't?

Mandzukic wouldn't cost near as much as Pukki, don't want Mandzukic either.

Fair
  • Low Ki
    11867 posts Has That Special Something
    Mandzukic would be a great option off the bench. Don't want him doing full 90's week in and week out though.
  • Kman
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    Low Ki wrote: »
    Mandzukic would be a great option off the bench. Don't want him doing full 90's week in and week out though.

Yeah a plan B would be nice