Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• SDoofus
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I bet the scousers are seething that we ended there 17 game win streak.

Top of the League, challenging for the title with one of the best assembled teams of the PL era.

I bet you’re seething you’re bottom half of the table and nowhere near us. I mean, I’d hope you are.
  • Ahmer50x
    20014 posts Club Captain
    SDoofus wrote: »

Top of the League, challenging for the title with one of the best assembled teams of the PL era.

I bet you’re seething you’re bottom half of the table and nowhere near us. I mean, I’d hope you are.

You’re at the peak for your project. We’re just starting. As such, poor comparison.
  • SDoofus
    Ahmer50x wrote: »

You’re at the peak for your project. We’re just starting. As such, poor comparison.

The man was Jose’s biggest fan and chatted unreal levels of tripe about how he was going to make United great again, whilst Liverpool would struggle to win anything under Klopp.

Here we are, 1 CL trophy later, and Jose imploded.

He’s seething.
  • Ahmer50x
    20014 posts Club Captain

The man was Jose’s biggest fan and chatted unreal levels of tripe about how he was going to make United great again, whilst Liverpool would struggle to win anything under Klopp.

He’s seething.

Yeah I’m not gonna contest any of that. You’re spot on about the cult.
  • wth22
    10552 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 20

He’s seething.

Jose spending at Utd - 350m
    Klopp at Liverpool - 400m+

Jose best league finish - 2
    Klopp best league finish - 2

Jose worst league finish - 6
    Klopp worst league finish - 8

Jose average league finish - 4
    Klopp average league finish - 4.5

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

:trollface:
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32221 posts National Team Captain
    UM4R wrote: »
    Perriera had a good game today, hope Ole stick with him in the middle.

Pog.. Mct.. Andreas

Should be our midfield for now

Yeah he's so clearly better and more effective centrally than at RW
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    If the refs sees in the first place it it's a clear foul. VAR doesn't overrule those decisions in the PL though, unfortunately.

Yeah VAR rules in the prem are strange. You'd see the VAR make more changes if the middle officials actually review things more, rather than the VAR room looking at them and they are basically being told to back the on field decision whenever possible
  • SDoofus
    wth22 wrote: »

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Yet you’d give your left testicle to have Klopp.
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Klopp is overrated, you can talk trash if he ever wins a premier league title, but at the moment he is still a renowned bottle job.
  • arsenalap
    6183 posts Big Money Move

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Klopp is overrated, you can talk trash if he ever wins a premier league title, but at the moment he is still a renowned bottle job.

He's won back to back league titles in Germany. He's just had back to back CL final appearences, winning one. He has built one of the most functional teams in PL history from the bottom up, whilst contesting heavily with a record breaking City side for considerably less money.

But yes, his legacy will be defined over missing out on 1 point according to you. Fantastic logic.
  • Retro_G
    arsenalap wrote: »

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

He's won back to back league titles in Germany. He's just had back to back CL final appearences, winning one. He has built one of the most functional teams in PL history from the bottom up, whilst contesting heavily with a record breaking City side for considerably less money.

But yes, his legacy will be defined over missing out on 1 point according to you. Fantastic logic.

Three major trophies in 19 years of management, wonderful "legacy."
  • arsenalap

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Are you just that daft? What major honours do you want him to be winning with Mainz as an inexperienced manager?

He has built sides from the bottom up to go on to win major trophies. This takes time.

No wonder why United are going nowhere with fans like you who expect overnight success. Seems like you have forgotten Sir Alex took 6 seasons to win his first PL title and 12 to win his first CL title.

Klopp has got to 3 CL finals in the past 6 seasons.
  • SDoofus
    Doesn't make it any less of a foul. Goal shouldn’t have stood.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    There’s a lot of goals that salah dived for last year that shouldn’t of stood.

You can’t moan about decisions not going in your favour when you had a lot of luck with them the previous year.
  • arsenalap
    Gervonta wrote: »

You can’t moan about decisions not going in your favour when you had a lot of luck with them the previous year.

Tbh from an outsider it isnt even the decision, its just the pure inconsistency of VAR which is frustrating.
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    edited October 20

Tbh from an outsider it isnt even the decision, its just the pure inconsistency of VAR which is frustrating.

There have been so many decisions this season that should have been overturned on review (for everyone) by VAR but they didnt because the bar is too high. Sky regularly talk about it most weeks, the rules regarding when is acceptable to overturn a decision needs changing.
  • SDoofus

Every one of them was a foul and correctly given.
  • El_Nino
    3978 posts National Call-Up

Makes Origi a mug, doesn’t make it less of a foul😂
  • Retro_G

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Are you just that daft? What major honours do you want him to be winning with Mainz as an inexperienced manager?

He has built sides from the bottom up to go on to win major trophies. This takes time.

No wonder why United are going nowhere with fans like you who expect overnight success. Seems like you have forgotten Sir Alex took 6 seasons to win his first PL title and 12 to win his first CL title.

Why are you making assumptions? I never said I expect overnight success. Klopp has spent big at Liverpool, should've more major trophies to his name. He has got his tactics wrong on numerous occasion, when it matters most. He can't be considered a world class manager, until he adds numerous major trophies to his name. At the moment he has three, in 19 years of management.

You don't get a trophy for making a final, although I can understand why an Arsenal fan would value getting to a final so highly. :joy:
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13787 posts Has That Special Something

I thought it was a decent performance by the lads today, can only get better from here imho. Ole went attacking and although it didn't come off the whole time. Its an improvement none the less. So much for Liverpool coming to OT and rolling us over with ease.... 😬🙄

#GGMU
    #InOleWeTrust
  • arsenalap

He’s seething.

Jose trophies - 2
    Klopp trophies - 1

Klopp finals bottled - 2
    Jose finals bottled - 1

Why are you making assumptions? I never said I expect overnight success. Klopp has spent big at Liverpool, should've more major trophies to his name. He has got his tactics wrong on numerous occasion, when it matters most. He can't be considered a world class manager, until he adds numerous major trophies to his name. At the moment he has three, in 19 years of management.

You don't get a trophy for making a final, although I can understand why an Arsenal fan would value getting to a final so highly. :joy:

I dont understand why you're saying 3 in 19 years. You haven't answered by question, what major honours do you expect him to win with Mainz?

He has spent big on a project, which takes time. It is now paying off.

No you dont get a trophy for it but it is impressive regardless.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Klopp is a top manager. Any attempt to argue otherwise is just stupid.

I've always liked klopp, as a person mostly. Put it this way. If I was a player he's definitely a manager I'd want to play for. He lives and breathes football and I just love his character... I find him indeering.. Even as a united fan.

He's a good manager, yes he's not up their with SAF, Carlo, morinhos, pep etc.... But I think he will be in the future. Just hopefully not with Liverpool and at our expense 😂
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Klopp is a top manager. Any attempt to argue otherwise is just stupid.

Agreed. United fans are kidding themselves if they wouldn't want him at United.
  • Tornado31619
    17983 posts World Class
    So Roy Keane is the latest pundit to suggest that we sign Harry Kane next summer. He’s far too injury prone considering that Levy would probably make us fund Tottenham’s entire rebuild. Besides, it’s too early to judge Tony.
  • Ahmer50x
    20014 posts Club Captain
    So Roy Keane is the latest pundit to suggest that we sign Harry Kane next summer. He’s far too injury prone considering that Levy would probably make us fund Tottenham’s entire rebuild. Besides, it’s too early to judge Tony.

Crock + our medical staff is a disaster waiting to happen. Hard pass.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88

I've said it previously, but since I've said it, I've kinda went off the idea. I'd take son all day long however...