• Tsarov
    3729 posts National Call-Up
    38 500 with 23 games left. Easy.
  • Kamilflage
    5208 posts Big Money Move
    Scutch wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    xFATAL wrote: »
    Switching to a 3atb formation can really help since CPU teams are almost all on defensive tactics.

Yeah but then they randomly go God mode and absolutely annihilate you...

When they start ping ponging the ball around with first time passing, you know you're in big trouble.

Pause the game when they do this and then restart. I find it resets the AI setup.

No way did not know that works! Definitely trying that
  • Crossland
    8405 posts League Winner
    edited October 17
    Played a full team of Keepers just now all bronze apart from Allison in Goal on Legendary just won 5-3 They went 2-0 up with a couple of bangers 😂 SB is deffo a lot harder since patch
  • SYMMO19
    1026 posts Professional
    No idea why they changed the difficulty because its been made into a brutal grind now...more instances of god mode ai and even more dumbing down of your players has made it a frustrating mess.

Going to finish this week and see how the elite 1 points total is affected. My guess is it will drop a lot with the difficulty increase causing many to quit playing.
  • Crossland
    8405 posts League Winner
    edited October 17
    SYMMO19 wrote: »
    No idea why they changed the difficulty because its been made into a brutal grind now...more instances of god mode ai and even more dumbing down of your players has made it a frustrating mess.

Going to finish this week and see how the elite 1 points total is affected. My guess is it will drop a lot with the difficulty increase causing many to quit playing.

That's the point EA don't want us getting anything easily ! Especially with Icon Swap tokens in SB
  • SYMMO19
    1026 posts Professional
    Crossland wrote: »

That's the point EA don't want us getting anything easily ! Especially with Icon Swap tokens in SB

Guess thats true! Glad I did all the icon objectives before the patch because to me it feels VERY close to Ultimate in the way the AI cheat now.

I'm 8 wins 2 losses since the patch having gone 2 weeks without a loss, so I have no problem with them making it harder but at least make it somewhat fair!!
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    Crossland wrote: »

Think they’ve only changed Legendary though, icon tokens was world class
  • NornIron
    12071 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 17
    Some matches are weird just beat a 78 rated team 9-0 the other 77 rated team i won 3-2. Legendary, any above 81 are definitely harder than before just because of some individual players will score something they shouldn't be doing.
    Post edited by NornIron on
  • azza452
    1144 posts Professional
    Only me who can lose a squad battle on pens :(
  • Tsarov
    3729 posts National Call-Up
    53000+ collected with 15 games left. E1 secured.
  • Kamilflage
    Tsarov wrote: »

Not all heroes wear capes....you sir....you are a true hero.
    Since this patch I cant play squad battles it's just too **** up
  • Dubbly
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tsarov wrote: »

Ditto. 53k with 12 games left for me.

Post patch the difficulty increase is definitely noticeable. Still winning all my games, just not by 4/5-0 consistently. I’m not even sure why they made these changes, it’s not like it’s going to change anything.
  • SweetJesus101
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    After lose my first game, i didn't lose yet. BIG ADVICE: Don't let CPU shoot. 95% of the shoots goes in like a rockets :D Bronze, silver or gold, don't matter who is the card.
  • Kamilflage
    Man this mode was actually kinda fun before as casual play....they completely messed it up now I'm actually saddened at the fact that I cant sit back and play this game anymore...everything is a grind now
  • BcfcDale88
    3864 posts National Call-Up
    So once you’ve used all your refreshes can you no longer get points?
  • RealM
    5939 posts Big Money Move
    BcfcDale88 wrote: »
    So once you’ve used all your refreshes can you no longer get points?

Correct
    Man this mode was actually kinda fun before as casual play....they completely messed it up now I'm actually saddened at the fact that I cant sit back and play this game anymore...everything is a grind now

I just wish they would improve rewards and also sort out the gap between E1 and Top 100.
  • Dubbly
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RealM wrote: »
    I just wish they would improve rewards and also sort out the gap between E1 and Top 100.

Same, but asking for this is that likely, the cutoff for Elite 1 would be higher.

Ideally, a top 500/1000/x would be better, with small increments in rewards between each rank.

I can comfortably hit E1 with about 70% of my games played, which makes the next 3-4 refreshes just completely pointless for me as Top 100 is wayyyy out of my reach at that point.
  • Wyojasond
    12211 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah Legendary has certainly been bumped up quite a bit. Don’t mind the challenge as I’m still winning most of my games but does get a bit frustrating some of the crap the game does. That being said, any top reward shouldn’t be easy to get. Hopefully E1 actually pays off a bit now.

As for the complaints about the bronze teams, it just cracks me up. What is EA supposed to do with those teams? Just give you a free pass? I hate struggling against them too but I mean hell, complaining about losing to them is like being the bully at school who picks out the little kid to pick on then cry’s because the little kid knew Kung fu and beat his *** 😂😂😂

Honestly wouldn’t mind seeing them change the format a bit. Keep bronze teams for the lower difficulties but make them worth next to nothing when you win and levels like WC, Legendary and Ultimate would only face top teams with wins being worth the grind. I don’t know, hard to find a good balance I suppose. 🤷‍♂️
  • SuperKMx
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Loving the changes to Legendary post-patch. I switch between a silver EPL team and a gold untradeable team depending on the opponent and I LOVE the fact that it's actually a challenge. Sure, I'll get my cheeks kicked every now and again, but it feels like an actual challenge, and I still get Elite 1 every week. Have barely felt the need to play online.

All this "I know the AI is going to score" doesn't sit well with me. When they start ping-ponging, I change my approach and it often shuts them down. It's no different to any other video game where you're playing against the AI. You don't just get to win.

And that's good. I wouldn't see the point in playing it if there was absolutely no challenge, but I guess not everybody thinks that way. Not saying it's perfect, since the squad battles structure as a whole is very, very dull, but the gameplay is fun.
  • BcfcDale88
    What’s 29k points usually finish on?
  • Orison
    50066 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    Loving the changes to Legendary post-patch. I switch between a silver EPL team and a gold untradeable team depending on the opponent and I LOVE the fact that it's actually a challenge. Sure, I'll get my cheeks kicked every now and again, but it feels like an actual challenge, and I still get Elite 1 every week. Have barely felt the need to play online.

All this "I know the AI is going to score" doesn't sit well with me. When they start ping-ponging, I change my approach and it often shuts them down. It's no different to any other video game where you're playing against the AI. You don't just get to win.

And that's good. I wouldn't see the point in playing it if there was absolutely no challenge, but I guess not everybody thinks that way. Not saying it's perfect, since the squad battles structure as a whole is very, very dull, but the gameplay is fun.

But I do just get to win?

The only difference is between winning 5-0 or 5-1. Maybe 5-2 if you have some bronze defenders.

The changes made it more tedious, but hardly challenging.
  • BrentfordFC
    12461 posts Has That Special Something
    83 & below on legendary.

84 & above on world class.

Shouldn’t struggle to score tbf.
  • RealM
    5939 posts Big Money Move
    Playing against the decent sides that have custom tactics to basically park the bus is so obnoxious.
  • BcfcDale88

• Wyojasond
    12211 posts Has That Special Something

Looks like last week it got you Elite 3
  • Pikachu
    8820 posts League Winner
    How much does E1/E2 usually finish on?
  • Kamilflage
    Man **** this stupid garbage **** mode!!
    Blatantly pulling my players back while I try to tackle
  • SweetJesus101
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    If i use all 10 times refresh and if keep playing, count for the objectives? have the 40 and 60 games of SB left to get some XP and going to do a couple tomorrow..
  • knightrider
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special

them invisible legs making last ditch tackle (from the back) while you're pulling up the shot (wondering which celebration to choose)

but a second later you're facing a counter from sons of Pele trumps it for me. GG
  • Kamilflage

them invisible legs making last ditch tackle (from the back) while you're pulling up the shot (wondering which celebration to choose)

but a second later you're facing a counter from sons of Pele trumps it for me. GG

I just finished the Eridivise challenge....took me 9 games o was raging worse than ever before...
    Luckily my controller is still intact lmao