The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Fut champs cheat?

Belgian
125 posts Sunday League Hero
I had 3 opponents today who immediately scored an owngoal and then disconnected. Why is that?

Comments

• KoreanMeatballs
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Could of reached there limit and not enough games left so gifting the win to there opponents with what's left.

Wish someone would help me😀
  • SeanDCFC
    2482 posts Fans' Favourite
    How is that cheating lol
  • Hahahahhahahah😂😂😂😁😭😭😭
  • Belgian
    125 posts Sunday League Hero
    Brunjes_FC wrote: »
    Haha ‘cheating’ wow.

They’ve given you a free win. As said above, if I hit Gold 2 and have 1-2 games left, I can’t get Gold 1, so if I’m feeling generous I’ll give away two wins to help others.

Send the person a thank you message.

I'm asking if it's a cheat. Not saying it is. Like for example that this method would result in a win for the opponent or something I don't know. The fact that they score an owngoal instead of just leaving is weird
  • AjaxLegends
    2744 posts Fans' Favourite
    Belgian wrote: »
    Haha ‘cheating’ wow.

They’ve given you a free win. As said above, if I hit Gold 2 and have 1-2 games left, I can’t get Gold 1, so if I’m feeling generous I’ll give away two wins to help others.

I'm asking if it's a cheat. Not saying it is. Like for example that this method would result in a win for the opponent or something I don't know. The fact that they score an owngoal instead of just leaving is weird

How else do they give you the win? Paranoid in real life too or just Fifa?
  • Belgian wrote: »
    Haha ‘cheating’ wow.

It says you win after the disconnect. So how on earth did they win too?
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    It's extremely rare, but some people gift wins if they can't reach any higher with their remaining games.
  • Brunjes_FC
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Haha ‘cheating’ wow.

The own goal gives you the win. That’s the only reason they do it. They are being nice. If they just quit, you wouldn’t gain anything so it would be a waste. There are some nice people!

• Koning Spijker
    1353 posts Professional
    Haha ‘cheating’ wow.

If they leave immediately, you won't get the win. It's one of those few kindnesses in this game. I do that too, just give the player a win.
    I am now yet to do this against people who need their First Owner wins for objectives.
  • Lackosweat
    6194 posts Big Money Move
    I have done it every week since 17. Giving away free wins to help people getting out of the WL hell is the most beautiful thing you can do.
  • Chavez76
    3631 posts National Call-Up
    DId it last year as well when I couldnt get to next rank. But only to players who were not afraid to play away games.
  • Simsbadger
    854 posts Professional
    I do it when I have say 2 games but need three to progress to next level il let my op score and then disconnect this game make grown men rage so a little kindness goes along way
  • Embrared
    867 posts Semi-Pro
    Messages like the OPs almost makes me want to stop gifting wins.
  • Lincoln_Imp
    85 posts Park Captain
    Considered gifting wins - but then remembered that almost 99% of players I played against, watched every replay and every celebration.
  • Redlad
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Simsbadger wrote: »
    I do it when I have say 2 games but need three to progress to next level il let my op score and then disconnect this game make grown men rage so a little kindness goes along way

How can you work out whether you’re home or away on 20? Has anyone got any ideas?
  • Götze#19
    367 posts Sunday League Hero
    lol cheating
    Did the same thing in 3 matches this morning, with all that sweat, at least i could help someone reach better rank. Didn't even get one thank you 😏
  • Metatron
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Götze#19 wrote: »
    lol cheating
    Did the same thing in 3 matches this morning, with all that sweat, at least i could help someone reach better rank. Didn't even get one thank you 😏

In all fairness they probably didnt have a clue that it was done out of kindness.. i now know if it happens to me to say thank you.
  • AJHaeford1989
    207 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have done the same thing plenty of times, but only if the team I'm playing against looks poor.

• Simsbadger
    854 posts Professional
    Götze#19 wrote: »
    lol cheating

That sucks I GG even if I’m smashed which is quite often 😂