Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    Watched that last night. Was v interesting. I don’t want Manc’s in the Kop but agree away fans shouldn’t be scared of violence etc.

Also guy made a point I agree with where the songs about Hillsborough and Munich are absolutely disgusting, innocent people died and people think it’s okay to chant about that. Horrible behaviour.

NGL I never knew Matt Busby played for Liverpool.
  • Pietu
    2632 posts Fans' Favourite
    Watched that last night. Was v interesting. I don’t want Manc’s in the Kop but agree away fans shouldn’t be scared of violence etc.

Also guy made a point I agree with where the songs about Hillsborough and Munich are absolutely disgusting, innocent people died and people think it’s okay to chant about that. Horrible behaviour.

NGL I never knew Matt Busby played for Liverpool.

Yeah I wouldn’t want them to be at the Kop but all the violence and stuff shouldn't be part of football.
  • Ahmer50x
    19067 posts World Class
    On the subject of a combined 11, I'd have to say Maguire and Pogba are the only two United players who would get in IMO. de Gea if he were on top form, but he's not so it has to be Alisson.

I think if you have VVD--Maguire as your CBs, you can afford to be a little defensively weak at fullback for the unbelievable attacking skill so I'd go TAA at RB.
  • SDoofus
    5701 posts Big Money Move
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    On the subject of a combined 11, I'd have to say Maguire and Pogba are the only two United players who would get in IMO. de Gea if he were on top form, but he's not so it has to be Alisson.

I think if you have VVD--Maguire as your CBs, you can afford to be a little defensively weak at fullback for the unbelievable attacking skill so I'd go TAA at RB.

Honestly don't think Maguire is quick enough for our style of play. Matip, Gomez and even Lovren have got a bit of pace about them, and with our high line, it's crucial for recovery.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    Pogba gets in the XI easy. Pundits just left him out for the headlines. (Or is it cause he’s injured?) regardless. Unfortunately team means nothing in this fixture
  • SDoofus
    I'm feeling confident for the game.
  • SDoofus
    snzkemqg27t31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1e83ed3ea9dc78a7b6d8bac7704b34529a8c320c

3 season wonder.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17800 posts World Class
    There’s bound to come a point where they can’t get any better but they just keep improving
  • Pugzilla
    16408 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    snzkemqg27t31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=1e83ed3ea9dc78a7b6d8bac7704b34529a8c320c

3 season wonder.

fLaT TrACk BuLLy

• SDoofus
    Matip has signed a new contract. Great news.
  • tilen11
    5381 posts Big Money Move
    Matip has signed a new contract. Great news.

Until 2024. Great news indeed
  • zzachzx
    4618 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 18
    Don’t know what the United supporters are going to do when we inevitably with the Premier League and they can’t say anything about that. :D I can only imagine the meltdown
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    Just seen a compilation of goals from the Liverpool vs Man U derby. I completely forgot about Cristian bentekes goal what a screamer that was. Berbatov scored an amazing one aswell.

We’ll get one to add to the compilation Sunday!
  • Wyojasond
    11968 posts Has That Special Something
    I have a feeling Mane is gonna have a big game personally. Think he’ll have a good bit of space to work and wouldn’t surprise me if he nets a brace. I never feel good about going to Old Trafford (especially after the horror show we were there last year) but think we can get something this time.
  • SDoofus
    Had a dream this morning that we won 2-0. Can’t remember who scored the first but Shaqiri scored the second and Naby Keita missed a sitter. We dominated.

City were losing 2-0 at half time in the same dream. City game was after the Liverpool game in my dream world, when in reality, City play almost 24 hours before us this weekend :D
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 19
    Had a dream this morning that we won 2-0. Can’t remember who scored the first but Shaqiri scored the second and Naby Keita missed a sitter. We dominated.

City were losing 2-0 at half time in the same dream. City game was after the Liverpool game in my dream world, when in reality, City play almost 24 hours before us this weekend :D

Your dreams don’t hold high expectations do they scotty boy :lol:

I’m expecting a 4-0 hiding if I’m honest.
  • Pietu
    2632 posts Fans' Favourite

Oh no, that means we are going to lose :trollface:
  • Wyojasond
    11968 posts Has That Special Something
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Yeah I was reading up on this a bit yesterday. Sounds like we are doing everything possible to price NB out at this point. Such a mess.
  • tilen11
    edited October 19
    LiverpoolEcho

Liverpool already have new Nike kit design agreed as five-year contract hinges on New Balance trial.

Nike has already spent close to 6m on fabric and they have already received pre-orders from 8000 shops and also reserved factory space for 2.9m units.
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    This has been mentioned before but do people think Dele Alli would be a good replacement for Hendo?

Hendo is good but it might be worth looking to upgrade
  • Devers
    7429 posts League Winner
    No, overhyped english with poor attitude
  • tilen11
    edited October 20
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    This has been mentioned before but do people think Dele Alli would be a good replacement for Hendo?

Imo Alli is an overhyped player and thats it. To replace Henderson Id look elsewhere.
    Delaney is someone who looks great but he is 28 I believe so not excatly young. Sensi would be an upgrade but will sign with Inter next year. Same goes for Barella. Kessie is also an option and I shouldnt forget about Tolisso. Now that Goretzka is back he wont get that much playing time and I believe he is perfect.
  • Pxul_
    8061 posts League Winner
    Devers wrote: »
    No, overhyped english with poor attitude

Not think Klopp could get the best out of him? He is only 23.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 20
    I like Dele. Met him a few times when we were kids, as he was in with some of the guys I used to play football down the park with (I’m talking when I was like 14 or 15, so Dele was only around 8 or so lmao, he used to come along with my friend’s little brother, Daniel Nti (who actually played for Worcester. I don’t know what he’s doing these days though). So it was really nice to kind of watch Dele’s rise at MK Dons and I always wanted him to come to Liverpool. Though my local friendships, I’ve been able to meet him quite a few times, before I moved to my own place away from MK. Pretty sure he’s a Liverpool fan.

People say he’s rubbish these days, though. So I dunno.
  • Tornado31619
    17351 posts World Class

“Dele Alli” and “upgrade” do not belong with each other in the same sentence, unless you are talking about upgrading Alli.
  • tilen11

“Dele Alli” and “upgrade” do not belong with each other in the same sentence, unless you are talking about upgrading Alli.

Sad but true. He was outstanding when he came to Spurs and is currently just a shadow of what he was.
  • Pugzilla
    16408 posts World Class
    Not touching Dele Alli if it’s up to me.