What Icon swap you going for?

iWilshere_19
2018 posts Fans' Favourite
What icon are you lads going for? I’m tempted to get gaurdiola and another maybe or just one top icon not sure yet

Comments

• nicozaks
    122 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wanne go for Gerrard. Just because I liked him in real life. It takes some patience though.
  • Chewbaccary
    2561 posts Fans' Favourite
    Rio looks like the best value if you want someone you can use all year, but I'll probably go Pirlo myself.
  • Torminator
    1780 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hoping i can manage to win 1 of the rival tokens. I suck at online play but i need 9 for Nesta
  • PS-4-ADC
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    for me, can't see past ferdinand, and if i have enough (doubt it) go for one of, the great dane, okocha or guardiola, most probably Peter as Guardiola wont be knocking de jong out the team anytime soon and okocha looks meh to me.

the only other one id possibly for for is zanetti, but if\when they buff heading i won't want to use him....

change my mind most days to be honest
  • nicitel32
    3001 posts National Call-Up
    i went with roberto carlos...depends the other set of objectives if i want to go for another icon..maybe crespo or guardiola...but i feel it will be much mch harder this time around for those who want to get drogba...maybe some bronze players in squad batles on legendary would be sweet :D
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Already got Guardiola, still undecided on Wright or Ferdinand
  • d3b4s1s
    641 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm unsure whether to go for a forward or a midfielder. Any suggestions? Butragueno/Owen or Ballack/Keane

This will be my first time using an icon, finally a non-paying/non-trading/non-lucky way
  • PS-4-ADC
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    i went with roberto carlos...depends the other set of objectives if i want to go for another icon..maybe crespo or guardiola...but i feel it will be much mch harder this time around for those who want to get drogba...maybe some bronze players in squad batles on legendary would be sweet :D

Thought about carlos too to link with neymar if i could ever afford him, same reason for my thinking about rivaldo...
  • RTG20
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gerrardddd
  • Boysie91
    15004 posts World Class
    I have 8 atm and if I can get another 8 next month I might go Gerrard or Rio
  • heefmondo
    1599 posts Play-Off Hero
    PS-4-ADC wrote: »
    for me, can't see past ferdinand, and if i have enough (doubt it) go for one of, the great dane, okocha or guardiola, most probably Peter as Guardiola wont be knocking de jong out the team anytime soon and okocha looks meh to me.

the only other one id possibly for for is zanetti, but if\when they buff heading i won't want to use him....

Guardiola is surprisingly good.
  • PS-4-ADC
    904 posts Semi-Pro
    heefmondo wrote: »

Guardiola is surprisingly good.

better than OTW de jong?
  • 1Deano
    71 posts Park Captain
    If i can get all the tokens I'll probably go for Keane and R Carlos
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    tbh i have no clue, so ill collect them all and then decide, im closest to gerard as he is probably one of the few which wont be outdated that soon, varane is already on rio's level
  • HelloDearie
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    keep changing my mind, but one of

Butra
    Gerrard
    Zanetti

Or if i just get impatient then Carlos or Crespo :D
  • BK1892
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gerrard. Already have him in my team so it'll save me around 850k (i'll sell him after next weeks WL).
  • Dubbly
    2429 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mind is set on Zanetti, heart is set on Gerrard. Gerrard makes it easier for me to link Martinez and Schweinsteiger on full chem whilst having a decent midfielder, but Zanetti would guaranteed be in my team until FIFA 21. I wish I did the Piszczek SBC.

My head is getting turned slightly by Drogba as I could link it with reward Zaha and I have a First Owner De Bruyne. That could be a hell of a front three.
  • snejke
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ZANETTI
  • Brozinho79
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I went with Roberto Carlos and he’s an animal!! Highly recommend if you’re not aiming for Drogba etc.
  • Hagooey
    496 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I went with Carlos as well, not tried him yet but he gets my Neymar up to 10 chemistry and he’s an improvement on Telles so it was a no brainier.
  • Andyh60
    2616 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    Like to hear more Nesta reviews as seems a bargain for the next set at 9 but yes agility a problem but is that really a big issue as everything else seems great for cb.
  • newguy
    2274 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brozinho79 wrote: »
    I went with Roberto Carlos and he’s an animal!! Highly recommend if you’re not aiming for Drogba etc.
    Hagooey wrote: »
    I went with Carlos as well, not tried him yet but he gets my Neymar up to 10 chemistry and he’s an improvement on Telles so it was a no brainier.

Didn’t imagine so many people getting him, should I get him to replace Marcelo?
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    zanettis problem is the low jumping and zambrotta being overall better choice for fifa
  • L0ngline
    510 posts An Exciting Prospect
    i'll probably go with the base icon pack..
    butra and rio look aaaaaight but nothing too crazy, with the pack I at least have the chance to get my hands on anything nice..
  • KurtyH
    400 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got Crespo because he looks good and his baby card has one of the best gtg ratios in game, good agility, composure, balance and 90 finishing stats that's should suit this years game.

Not sure who to get on the next one as none of the others 12 and under really appeal to me, Guardiola or Carlos maybe?

• MoeilijkeMan
    2213 posts Fans' Favourite

I see a lot of people mentioning Ferdinand. Feel like I'm missing something here, what makes him stand out so much? His in-games are less than for example Lucas Hernandez. Does he feel more special than his card suggests in-game or is it just because of his popularity irl?
  • snejke
    498 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Raider wrote: »
    zanettis problem is the low jumping and zambrotta being overall better choice for fifa

Yeah... because jumping is meta this year 😂😂
  • DC1999
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Just got Giggs and also am going for Keane, both United legends.
  • kingDrogbaaaa
    1442 posts Play-Off Hero
    Has to be Drogba as I will never be able to afford any other version
  • Brozinho79
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park

newguy wrote: »
    Brozinho79 wrote: »
    Hagooey wrote: »

Didn’t imagine so many people getting him, should I get him to replace Marcelo?

Sure, really nice upgrade over Marcelo, Carlos feels so smooth and fast on the pitch.
    No regrets I took him.