Debate - Is Fifa 20 the worst Fifa release to date?

ChrisW1991
1410 posts Professional
First to start off, the title in no way is meant for the gameplay (which I love), for me gameplay wise this is the best Fifa yet but in terms of the release of Fifa 20, with the lack of communication, lies in pitch notes (career mode), shockingly broken career mode on release which takes them weeks to fix ect.. Surely this has got to be the worst ever release window for a Fifa title?? I don't play Volta or pro clubs this year but no doubt they have been riddled with bugs.. We can't even get regular squad updates and also the catalogue is bare this year too, I know EA have a bad reputation but even for them this has been embarrassing, well maybe not but it should be 😉

Comments

  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Piemonte Calcio
  • ChrisW1991
    1410 posts Professional
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    Piemonte Calcio

    Haha how could I forget, can't believe they lost Juve 😂 wouldn't be so bad if they designed a good kit.. The yellow away kit is nice to be fair but that home kit is horrible, surely they could have still designed a black and white home kit lol
  • Insan0
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    First to start off, the title in no way is meant for the gameplay (which I love), for me gameplay wise this is the best Fifa yet but in terms of the release of Fifa 20, with the lack of communication, lies in pitch notes (career mode), shockingly broken career mode on release which takes them weeks to fix ect.. Surely this has got to be the worst ever release window for a Fifa title?? I don't play Volta or pro clubs this year but no doubt they have been riddled with bugs.. We can't even get regular squad updates and also the catalogue is bare this year too, I know EA have a bad reputation but even for them this has been embarrassing, well maybe not but it should be 😉
    something is wrong with you if you love fifa 20 gameplay . Am so sorry 😐
  • ChrisW1991
    1410 posts Professional
    Insan0 wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    First to start off, the title in no way is meant for the gameplay (which I love), for me gameplay wise this is the best Fifa yet but in terms of the release of Fifa 20, with the lack of communication, lies in pitch notes (career mode), shockingly broken career mode on release which takes them weeks to fix ect.. Surely this has got to be the worst ever release window for a Fifa title?? I don't play Volta or pro clubs this year but no doubt they have been riddled with bugs.. We can't even get regular squad updates and also the catalogue is bare this year too, I know EA have a bad reputation but even for them this has been embarrassing, well maybe not but it should be 😉
    something is wrong with you if you love fifa 20 gameplay . Am so sorry 😐

    What's wrong with the gameplay?
  • Nickbon
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Insan0 wrote: »
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    First to start off, the title in no way is meant for the gameplay (which I love), for me gameplay wise this is the best Fifa yet but in terms of the release of Fifa 20, with the lack of communication, lies in pitch notes (career mode), shockingly broken career mode on release which takes them weeks to fix ect.. Surely this has got to be the worst ever release window for a Fifa title?? I don't play Volta or pro clubs this year but no doubt they have been riddled with bugs.. We can't even get regular squad updates and also the catalogue is bare this year too, I know EA have a bad reputation but even for them this has been embarrassing, well maybe not but it should be 😉
    something is wrong with you if you love fifa 20 gameplay . Am so sorry 😐

    What's wrong with the gameplay?

    It basically got back to FIFA19 2.0 after the patch, at least imho

  • flcinusa
    768 posts Semi-Pro
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    DYL_26 wrote: »
    Piemonte Calcio

    Haha how could I forget, can't believe they lost Juve 😂 wouldn't be so bad if they designed a good kit.. The yellow away kit is nice to be fair but that home kit is horrible, surely they could have still designed a black and white home kit lol

    There's probably a slew of legal reasons they weren't allowed to, just like Boca Juniors replacement isn't blue and yellow
  • blue166
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gameplay is the best yet in a FIFA title.
  • JT1988
    52 posts Park Captain
    In my humble opinion even with the bugs the game remained playable on release. Fifa 16 17 18 and 19 crashed all the time on xbox on release. And don't forget the training bug in CM on 19. So all in all the released state could've been better but it's a better launch than the last 4 ones.
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    It is the least polished game I have ever encountered in all of the franchises that EA has ever produced, let alone just the FIFA line.

    Regardless of the in match play, returned this disaster straight away and done with EA FIFA.
  • Kartal_FC
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No it is not the worse Fifa. As a matter of fact it was the best Fifa released to date upuntil the patches came out aiming at protecting the casual player AKA noob for obvious reasons. Play more, feel like you are in the game = eventually buy fifa points.

    But to be honest even with the patches and it's current state the game is not a bad game. As in mechanics HOWEVER the servers are the biggest problem. The game is almost unplayable so it is really hard to comment about the game anymore because it is simply BROKEN.

  • the game was ridiculous. terrible game. It was the best shot ever. PES is much better today.

  • if anyone has interest I'm selling. I don't want this game anymore. I just lost money.
  • El_Nino
    10426 posts Has That Special Something
    With the exception of cocking up career mode(which is now fixed anyways) this is the best Fifa to date for me.
  • blue166
    1534 posts Play-Off Hero
    El_Nino wrote: »
    With the exception of cocking up career mode(which is now fixed anyways) this is the best Fifa to date for me.

    Yes I agree. EA will know they have let career mode fans down. However EA have clearly been working hard to correct it. Granted it should have worked out the box but didn't.

    I think EA could do a little more to engage with the community. And by that with the people who are willing to listen and debate the game with them. Not those giving death threats for UT packs 《That's embarrassing and not a true representation of the wider community.

    Could EA not add something in the game where once in a while there is a tab on the dashboard where EA FIFA devs go live and we can listen to them ramble on about the game for 30mins to 1hr and address issues and concerns by the community and maybe take some questions from Twitter or something @EA_Andy
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    This is line every year threads like this comes out

    Maybe EA should return to the first FIFA they ever released. I can’t imagine anymore posts like this will ever be ever be posted
  • Valdo08
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Worst for sure.
  • jiajia3
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    gameplay not bad ...
    FIFA20 FIFA19 FIFA18 same story...
  • Valdo08
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same crap different toilet
  • Valdo08
    260 posts Sunday League Hero
    See ppl going back to fifa 17...
  • 1000% yes. Never buying FIFA again unless they come out and admit this game is garbage and they dropped the ball. The gameplay just isn’t football. Have these nerds ever played the game?!?
  • bellstar
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 2020
    There was nothing wrong with the gameplay on release, accept GKS were a joke and shooting was off a little. So I guess there was something wrong :) I only play fut so can't comment on career or pro clubs. For me though it's the custom tactics which really annoy me it seems to take the game about 7 matches before they start kicking in after switching to new ones and in play if you change formation this don't happen for about 8 minutes.
    Post edited by bellstar on
  • SignpostSounder
    4238 posts National Call-Up
    JamieGled wrote: »
    1000% yes. Never buying FIFA again unless they come out and admit this game is garbage and they dropped the ball. The gameplay just isn’t football. Have these nerds ever played the game?!?

    Who is the bigger "nerd"?

    The guy who knows how to use a computer and makes decent money coding up a game that sort of resembles football?

    Or the guy who looks down on those people because they don't spend their free time kicking a ball about a muddy field a few times a month in front of a crowd of 6 people and a dog?

    When you're weighing it up, don't forget that the second guy gives the first guy his money willingly. Every year.
  • him7403
    41 posts Park Captain
    FIFA 19 was the worst.
  • Goal2theGood
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SuperKMx wrote: »
    JamieGled wrote: »
    1000% yes. Never buying FIFA again unless they come out and admit this game is garbage and they dropped the ball. The gameplay just isn’t football. Have these nerds ever played the game?!?

    Who is the bigger "nerd"?

    The guy who knows how to use a computer and makes decent money coding up a game that sort of resembles football?

    Or the guy who looks down on those people because they don't spend their free time kicking a ball about a muddy field a few times a month in front of a crowd of 6 people and a dog?

    When you're weighing it up, don't forget that the second guy gives the first guy his money willingly. Every year.

    One of the best statements I've ever seen!

    For every one of us that begs for realistic game play (which can be achieved with slider settings by the way) and career mode improvements there are 4 FUT money spending, dangle in the midfield, the game isn't fast enough prats that EA have to cater to. In the business word that 4 win every time.
  • MedallionFC
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The only game that penalizes you for dominating the game. So brutal.
  • MedallionFC
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    let’s do a poll. 10 games. Count how many games a goal is scored in the last 10 minutes and the first 10 minutes of each half. Guaranteed it’s over 90 percent.
  • MedallionFC
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    And I agree with Chris.,,, the gameplay is awesome
  • bellstar
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The gameplay is great when it's responsive. But sometimes it's not, it needs to be all the time. With no reading of stats from previous games, you know that word! we can't mention And no favouring with youtubers so they can post videos of how great there gameplay is everytime.
  • L4r14m
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    Just in response to the claims that the career mode problems would be fixed or that EA would be working hard to correct them: Sadly, no.

    For one thing: The simulations produce results where the best teams may easily go unbeaten the entire season, and the worst ones have trouble getting any points. This really ****s up the career mode.

    This is, I think, worse than the terrible training bug last year.

    EA has been aware of this for several months, but we don’t even get any responses in the threads concerning this.

    I’d have to agree it’s a rough gem of sorts, and I like the gameplay in many ways (of course there’s room for improvement). Or well: let’s rather say that the game still has potential. I hope they keep on updating it. (And finally give some love also to CM - the latest update adjusts the manager hair colors and apparently destroys the ultimate difficulty - that’s about it.)
  • ||natch0||
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    Game is great. Servers are a joke. When the game has no button delay it's the best football game to date. PES is also good, but does not have the content to keep you playing. Got endgame team in less than 2 months.
Sign In or Register to comment.