Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Snugglebites
    1222 posts Professional
    edited October 16
    Such a great opportunity to win Sunday. Hopefully, Klopp has learned from last year.
  • SDoofus
    6074 posts Big Money Move
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Robertson - VVD - Matip - TAA
    Alisson
  • Pxul_
    8224 posts League Winner
    Is Matip back?
  • tilen11
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 17
    Paul Joyce:

Liverpool are planning to sell Adam Lallana if he remains on the sidelines. Since shining for the reds to help them qualify for the CL in 2017, the playmaker has endured two injury-plagued campaigns.

However, Reds are losing patience and as a result will listen to offers at the end of the season if he cant force his way back into Klopps first team plans.

Lallana is out of contract next summer but the club have the option to extend his deal by 12, months, suggesting LFC plan to trigger that and sell him regardless. January departure will be blocked.

• LFC Simon 98
    18166 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

Am wet
  • Wyojasond
    12176 posts Has That Special Something
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Is Matip back?

Yeah he was cleared yesterday I saw.

Have to agree with Doofus. Can’t see any other team we roll out for that game
  • Pugzilla
    16606 posts World Class
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

• SDoofus
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

I've got this faint hope that Keita will eventually get rid of his injury issues, and start regularly. Probably ahead of Henderson.
  • Pugzilla
    16606 posts World Class
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

I've got this faint hope that Keita will eventually get rid of his injury issues, and start regularly. Probably ahead of Henderson.

That’s a long road from where we are now. I’m kinda just hoping with Naby we recoup most of his transfer and wish him well.
  • Wyojasond
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

That’s a long road from where we are now. I’m kinda just hoping with Naby we recoup most of his transfer and wish him well.

He’s only 24 so I have no problem waiting a bit longer to see how he does. He never should have went on international duty this summer after his injury against Barca. Klopp is still extremely high on him so I guess we’ll see. The next 3-6 months will be huge for him
  • Pugzilla
    16606 posts World Class
    edited October 17
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

He’s only 24 so I have no problem waiting a bit longer to see how he does. He never should have went on international duty this summer after his injury against Barca. Klopp is still extremely high on him so I guess we’ll see. The next 3-6 months will be huge for him

24 is young and he has flashed but that’s it, flashed brilliantly a few times, nothing more. The club is big enough were his wages don’t crush us (Ozil, Alexis) and he seems like a great guy by all accounts. How long is his contract for?

• Kellnerr
    2831 posts Fans' Favourite
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

That's also the combined best XI of both teams.
  • Pietu
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

Keita has potential but he just needs to beat the injuries and get a consistent amount of games
  • tilen11
    5533 posts Big Money Move
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

He needs a full season without injuries. I just hope he can make that happen.
  • Apollo
    16227 posts World Class
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

Ffs. :|
  • Wyojasond
    Apollo wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

I mean he’s not wrong. Tons of pundits have said the same thing 💁‍♂️
  • Apollo
    16227 posts World Class
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

He is wrong. Pogba over Henderson is the big one, and to a lesser extent I think you guys overrate Matip. Don't get me wrong at all, he's a good defender, but anyone will look better next to VVD and I'd personally rather have Lindelof/Maguire than Matip.
  • SDoofus
    Matip has been unbelievable since he came in for Gomez last season. There's been games where he's even outshined VVD.
  • Pugzilla
    16606 posts World Class
    edited October 17
    I’d take Maguire but not Lindelöl

But probably wouldn’t take him either since he prefers LCB (iirc)
  • Apollo
    16227 posts World Class
    Matip has been unbelievable since he came in for Gomez last season. There's been games where he's even outshined VVD.

I'm not coming in here saying he's **** or anything, nothing like that. He's a quality defender. I'd just personally rather one of the two I suggested than Matip. I think he's helped massively by playing next to VVD.

Pogba over Henderson was the big change I'd make, the CB call is much less cut and dry and it's just my opinion.
  • Wyojasond

I'm not coming in here saying he's **** or anything, nothing like that. He's a quality defender. I'd just personally rather one of the two I suggested than Matip. I think he's helped massively by playing next to VVD.

Pogba over Henderson was the big change I'd make, the CB call is much less cut and dry and it's just my opinion.

I get your comments about Pogba, but if you compare both of them so far this season Henderson is head and shoulders above him. He’s constantly making big tackles, gets forward and his passing is severely underrated.

As far as Matip and the “anyone can look good next to VVD” comment, that’s just not true. Teams go out of there way to avoid the left side because of Robertson and VVD. Matip has time and again just been amazing at stopping many teams best attackers. Plus he’s been knocking in goals too 😏 Sorry but Maguire and Lindelof aren’t doing any of that on his level at the moment 🤷‍♂️
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Flapjack wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    Flapjack wrote: »
    For all the criticism our defence has gotten this season, its been so good that they've excluded Adrian from this metric due to him facing too few shots.

another proof that Allison doesnt do much

Lol. Alisson had the highest save percentage in the league last season. When he had a job to do, he did it.

United fans must think Buffon was trash

"united fans" we are not one person, talk towards me...

Buffon had way more to do then Allison thats for sure, as i say, any keeper looks good in your side, proven by the extremely average Adrian

unless you think Adrian has suddenly hit his peak when he was free agent

I don’t even think Adrian has been that good. He can’t pick out a fullback to save his life but makes some nice saves (Mertens one sticks out). Decent shot stopped but not much else, slight upgrade on Migs but I’m so happy Ali is back personally.

I get maybe we value certain aspects over others which is fair so maybe I was a little harsh on you so I apologise for that but to me Alisson is a fantastic shot stopper, rarely ever drops/flaps at crosses when he comes to claim them, reads the game fantastically from a positional standpoint and is the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet (Ederson is v close and Onana a little bit behind). Hence I rate him best in the world.

Ederson is number 1 imo , the guy picks out passes better than most midfielders.

• Apollo
    16227 posts World Class
    edited October 17

I get your comments about Pogba, but if you compare both of them so far this season Henderson is head and shoulders above him. He’s constantly making big tackles, gets forward and his passing is severely underrated.

As far as Matip and the “anyone can look good next to VVD” comment, that’s just not true. Teams go out of there way to avoid the left side because of Robertson and VVD. Matip has time and again just been amazing at stopping many teams best attackers. Plus he’s been knocking in goals too 😏 Sorry but Maguire and Lindelof aren’t doing any of that on his level at the moment 🤷‍♂️

Now you're twisting my words. I didn't say anyone could look good next to VVD, I said anyone would look better playing with him. I admitted Matip is quality, I'd just rather Lindelof/Maguire over him. I even said it wasn't cut and dry, it's just my opinion.

The Pogba one was my main point, the CB call is just my opinion.
  • wth22
    10505 posts Has That Special Something
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

He is wrong. Pogba over Henderson is the big one, and to a lesser extent I think you guys overrate Matip. Don't get me wrong at all, he's a good defender, but anyone will look better next to VVD and I'd personally rather have Lindelof/Maguire than Matip.

I would also take AWB over TAA and de Gea over Alisson, but could see the argument for either side so probably comes down to personal preference/bias.
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 17
    wth22 wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

I would also take AWB over TAA and de Gea over Alisson, but could see the argument for either side so probably comes down to personal preference/bias.

I’d take AWB for his defending, Going off current form id have to roll with Alisson tbh.

• Kellnerr
    2831 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pogba would walk into the XI in terms of quality. He's injured though so he is left out. The second CB might seem to be a more difficult one, but Matip has been in really great form for months now so he makes the cut.
  • SDoofus
    Gervonta wrote: »
    wth22 wrote: »
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

I’d take AWB for his defending, Going off current form id have to roll with Alisson tbh.

Most elite teams have fullbacks who excel going forward, these days. AWB is more suited to a defensive team, imo, so he wouldn’t fit in with how I’d want my team to play.
  • Argie8
    5905 posts Big Money Move
    Predicted line up?

I'm going for

Mane - Firmino - Salah
    Wijnaldum - Henderson
    Fabinho
    Alisson

To me that’s our top 11

he''s been here one season ffs

lets not write a player off 1 year into his 5 year contract, after being great the previous seasons
  • Pietu
    3349 posts National Call-Up

A brilliant 30min documentary about Liverpool-United rivalry. 2 of the greatest teams with so much in common.

The absolutely best bit is at 20:00, never has truer words been spoken, those people are scums, worst of the worst with no respect towards anybody, it needs to stop. Don’t care who they are it somehow needs to stop!

Was great to learn a bit about before the rivalry, in a way it all was so much better back then, you could actually go to an away match and you would be taken care of, that's how it should be, not like how it's now that you can't support your team without being afraid of getting attacked. That's not football, that shouldn't be football, you shouldn't be afraid of showing your colours, your pashion towards the game we all love, instead people should respect that, respect other people, after all we all love football and football without fans is nothing.