Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Retro_G
    30441 posts National Team Captain
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »
    I think Chong could do with a loan, but I'd be disappointed if we let Gomes go out on loan and we haven't given Garner a chance yet in the senior team in the cup games to make a decision on him one way or the other.

If Ole isn't going to play them, we should loan them. They're getting nothing from youth football.

Agreed, just wish he would play Garner.
  • SDoofus
    6124 posts Big Money Move
    Retro_G wrote: »
    I think Chong could do with a loan, but I'd be disappointed if we let Gomes go out on loan and we haven't given Garner a chance yet in the senior team in the cup games to make a decision on him one way or the other.

Garner should be given a chance in the cup games, he is ready.

Looking forward to the slapping, @Retro_G?
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class
    edited October 16

If Ole isn't going to play them, we should loan them. They're getting nothing from youth football.

In Garner's case I suppose that's true as he hasn't been given a chance in the cups (although hopefully that changes before January), so that deals with two of the three, but Gomes is getting some chances in the Europa League and hopefully that will continue to be the case there and potentially going forward in the domestic cups, so there's an argument for keeping him here this season.
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class

Even if hypothetically he isn't ready and needs a loan, like you say he needs to be given a chance in the cup games so we can find out. The reason most of us think Chong needs a loan is because he got given a chance and we could see how he dealt with senior football. Garner needs to be given that same chance before January to see if he is ready to make the step up.
  • Ahmer50x
    19954 posts Club Captain

In Garner's case I suppose that's true as he hasn't been given a chance in the cups, so that deals with two of the three, but Gomes is getting some chances in the Europa League and hopefully that will continue to be the case there and potentially going forward in the domestic cups, so there's an argument for keeping him here this season.

If it were me, Williams, Garner, Gomes, and Greenwood would be getting regular first team minutes. Ashley Young, Fred, Mata, and Lingard offer nothing.
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class

In Garner's case I suppose that's true as he hasn't been given a chance in the cups, so that deals with two of the three, but Gomes is getting some chances in the Europa League and hopefully that will continue to be the case there and potentially going forward in the domestic cups, so there's an argument for keeping him here this season.

If it were me, Williams, Garner, Gomes, and Greenwood would be getting regular first team minutes. Ashley Young, Fred, Mata, and Lingard offer nothing.

I completely agree and I think most do in here. Ole isn't playing any of them enough. It's good that some are getting decent minutes in the Europa League, but it's not enough. Garner needs to play in those games and Greenwood needs to be in the PL starting lineup.
  • Retro_G
    edited October 16
    SDoofus wrote: »

Looking forward to the slapping, @Retro_G?

You should remember what happened the last time you were confident of getting a result at Old Trafford in the league. Salah still hasn't scored against us.
  • Ahmer50x
    19954 posts Club Captain
    edited October 16

I think the generalization is unnecessary because there's a lifestyle difference between say Kaka and Ronaldinho so you should be looking into the character of the individual, but I'm still glad we didn't go for Neymar.

May relate to the fact that Marcel Bout is one of our chief scouts and he's a LVG guy. We all know how LVG felt about Brazilian players.
  • Tornado31619
    17898 posts World Class
    *desperately searches up Statman Dave video of Sheffield United tactics*
  • forearms
    4973 posts Big Money Move
    Had a nightmare last night about Romero getting injured before the weekend. That's all we would need.
  • Retro_G

It would be embarrassing for you, if we get a draw or win with our two best players out.
  • Sellish
    9517 posts League Winner
    Don't mind Pogba being injured. We need to learn how to play without him and that will make us better then with him.
    Dave is a tough one.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32189 posts National Team Captain
    RayS wrote: »
    @XxRichiexRichxX u watch the US game last night?

How do we feel about supporting two teams that can't win anything against anyone even half decent :D:D:|:|

oh, football is fun

Lmao. Oh it doesn’t stop there for me. I support all teams Atlanta on the US side of things. The Braves choked their series away last week of the playoffs. And the Falcons are...a joke (well mainly the HC/Defense, offense holds its own but defense hasn’t shown up for a single game yet this season)

It is sort of funny the similarities of United and the USMNT at the moment though. Both organizations runs by morons. Both managers were very under qualified but ultimately politically chosen, though I’d 100000000000% take OGS over Berhalter. I’m confident that I’m a better manager than Berhalter.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    As for the loaning stuff, obviously if most of us had our way, keeping Gomes would be obvious, arguably Garner as well.

But with that being said if he does “green light” Gomes....for the love of god, swap to a 433.
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class
    edited October 16
    As for the loaning stuff, obviously if most of us had our way, keeping Gomes would be obvious, arguably Garner as well.

But with that being said if he does “green light” Gomes....for the love of god, swap to a 433.

He might sign an actual 10 in January if the board get their act together and get him the positions he wanted, you never know ;) Wish we'd play the 433 until it happens though, whether in January or the summer
  • XxRichiexRichxX

He might sign an actual 10 in January if the board get their act together and get him the positions he wanted, you never know ;) Wish we'd play the 433 until it happens though, whether in January or the summer

I almost rather we didn’t and just swapped back to the 433 and just signed a more creative CM to play RCM or at least one that can pick a pass.

433 just suits our players much more than a 4231 and it’s the system that got him the job. We’ve drastically regressed since he swapped us to 4231
  • forearms

How do we feel about supporting two teams that can't win anything against anyone even half decent :D:D:|:|

oh, football is fun

Lmao. Oh it doesn’t stop there for me. I support all teams Atlanta on the US side of things. The Braves choked their series away last week of the playoffs. And the Falcons are...a joke (well mainly the HC/Defense, offense holds its own but defense hasn’t shown up for a single game yet this season)

It is sort of funny the similarities of United and the USMNT at the moment though. Both organizations runs by morons. Both managers were very under qualified but ultimately politically chosen, though I’d 100000000000% take OGS over Berhalter. I’m confident that I’m a better manager than Berhalter.

The Brewers had the Nationals beat in the wild card 1 game playoff. They managed to blow that lead in the 8th inning. If they win that game, like they usually do when Hader comes in, the Nationals arent even in the playoffs to face the Dodgers, let alone moving on to the World Series now. The Brewers choked.

(Side question: do you follow threeyearletterman on Twitter?)
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class
    edited October 16

I almost rather we didn’t and just swapped back to the 433 and just signed a more creative CM to play RCM or at least one that can pick a pass.

433 just suits our players much more than a 4231 and it’s the system that got him the job. We’ve drastically regressed since he swapped us to 4231

I'd be absolutely fine with that as well, that would be a good option too. Although I do think that the reason we've looked so poor in the 4231 is because it so heavily relies on the player at 10 and we don't have a competent senior one. I think we'd have been a lot better with this system if we did.

I mentioned the signing at 10 because that obviously seems to be the direction Ole wants to take the squad in. I'd be fine with that if he acknowledged that we don't have the creativity for the 4231 currently and abandoned it until we get the right players in the upcoming windows. We both said before we'd run the risk of not having enough CM depth and switch back to the 433 in the mean time, wish he'd come to the same conclusion.
  • SDoofus

It would be embarrassing for you, if we get a draw or win with our two best players out.

Not too worried. Fully anticipating a slapping.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    forearms wrote: »

oh, football is fun

The Brewers had the Nationals beat in the wild card 1 game playoff. They managed to blow that lead in the 8th inning. If they win that game, like they usually do when Hader comes in, the Nationals arent even in the playoffs to face the Dodgers, let alone moving on to the World Series now. The Brewers choked.

I don’t. Can’t seem to find the account either. But see where a lot of people talk about the account
  • Low Ki
    11860 posts Has That Special Something
    The only team I have confidence in beating with a depleted squad is Arsenal. They've failed to beat us with some of our worst starting XI's ever.
  • forearms
    forearms wrote: »

oh, football is fun

I don’t. Can’t seem to find the account either. But see where a lot of people talk about the account

It's a parody account based on UGA fans along with fans of pro teams in the state. He trolls everyone pretty good. The amount of people that fall for it is the gag. Its @3YearLetterman
  • Ahmer50x
    19954 posts Club Captain

oh, football is fun

If it makes you feel better, I've got to deal with United, USMNT, and the Cowboys.

And this Sunday, first I get to see United ripped to shreds by Liverpool then 2 hours later the Eagles kick the crap out of the Cowboys. Two big rivalry losses within hours incoming.
  • forearms

oh, football is fun

If it makes you feel better, I've got to deal with United, USMNT, and the Cowboys.

And this Sunday, first I get to see United ripped to shreds by Liverpool then 2 hours later the Eagles kick the crap out of the Cowboys. Two big rivalry losses within hours incoming.

It's not like you will hear anything from Stephen A Smith all week or anything, lol.
  • SDoofus
    What's your expected starting line up for Sunday?
  • Apollo
    16296 posts World Class

FFS. That's getting switched off outside of the actual match then.
  • Retro_G

FFS. That's getting switched off outside of the actual match then.

Why? He is very knowledgeable about football.