Icon Swaps 2

Glenleven
59 posts Park Captain
Don't know if anyone shares these same sentiments, but can we make Icon Swaps a little bit more of a challenge EA...?

I already have 11 Swap players (the only one I don't have is the FUT champs one because I didn't play over the weekend). I got the 11 over the course of 3 days, playing for a few hours. Is this going to mean that every team we come up against for the forseeable future will have multiple icons? Is this what we all want lol...? I can't be the only one who thinks these swap objectives are a joke. Even the most casual of players will be able to obtain multiple icons over the course of 70 days. I'm not stoked to play against Rios, Ballacks, and Zanettis every game.

Comments

• Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain

Who cares? Give casuals a chance to enjoy these players... [/quote]

Meaning that for the rest of Fifa 20 every team you come against will have a legend. It's mid-October.... Sounds enjoyable. Can't wait for all of the variety!!!
  • Greezyweezy101
    1930 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mark my words, the part 2 objectives will be exactly the same but with nationalities instead of leagues
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    No thank you, they're fine. I enjoyed doing the objectives, they're meant to be attainable by the casual player base.
  • Jobiwan
    3836 posts National Call-Up
    Glenleven wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone shares these same sentiments, but can we make Icon Swaps a little bit more of a challenge EA...?

I already have 11 Swap players (the only one I don't have is the FUT champs one because I didn't play over the weekend). I got the 11 over the course of 3 days, playing for a few hours. Is this going to mean that every team we come up against for the forseeable future will have multiple icons? Is this what we all want lol...? I can't be the only one who thinks these swap objectives are a joke. Even the most casual of players will be able to obtain multiple icons over the course of 70 days. I'm not stoked to play against Rios, Ballacks, and Zanettis every game.

Did you drop divisions in order to do the objectives quickly?
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    Weren’t people complaining they were too hard and they’d ‘have to relegate themselves’? Now they’re too easy?
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1701 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hey OP how bout we relax?
  • IxToMxI
    8204 posts League Winner
    Trust me 16 squad battle game is enough and so are the challenges, trying to win in D3 with 7 first owned players from leagues when you play some of the teams I’ve faced is outrageous
  • Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No thank you, they're fine. I enjoyed doing the objectives, they're meant to be attainable by the casual player base.

Yeah, makes sense, except this is OCTOBER. If this was February or March when you are already coming up against Icons in 60% of your games then sure, let the casuals get involved. We just graduated from Alex Teixeras and Ndombeles and went straight into Legends in every team lol.

@gorillabear They are too easy. The only people saying otherwise don't have an ounce of patience in their body. If a 70 day objective can be completed in a day, I would say it's plenty easy. That being said, I get if you're in Div 1 Rivals how it could be annoying. I'm in Div 3 and it was very doable given 3/4 of the player base was doing the same thing.
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    Its pretty much 36 games if you win every single game (which most won't). So at 20 min a game you're looking at a best case scenario of 12 hours of gameplay. Lets assume it takes most people 50 games (16.5 hours) and others 65 (22 hours), thats already a lot of gameplay for only half the tokens.
  • Tootrill22
    2137 posts Fans' Favourite
    I can see both sides. I think challenges will become harder as we go
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »

Yeah, makes sense, except this is OCTOBER. If this was February or March when you are already coming up against Icons in 60% of your games then sure, let the casuals get involved. We just graduated from Alex Teixeras and Ndombeles and went straight into Legends in every team lol.

@gorillabear They are too easy. The only people saying otherwise don't have an ounce of patience in their body. If a 70 day objective can be completed in a day, I would say it's plenty easy. That being said, I get if you're in Div 1 Rivals how it could be annoying. I'm in Div 3 and it was very doable given 3/4 of the player base was doing the same thing.

Annoyed that your p2w advantage is diminishing? The meta icons can't be earned for another month anyway, nothing wrong with everyone having a free icon. It makes the game more enjoyable.
  • Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain

Annoyed that your p2w advantage is diminishing? The meta icons can't be earned for another month anyway, nothing wrong with everyone having a free icon. It makes the game more enjoyable.[/quote]

p2w stands for pay to win I assume. I bought the Ultimate Edition if thats what you mean so yeah I do get the 2 free packs on Sundays. I don't buy Fifa Points though lol... Rent and groceries is my main priority.
  • Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain

Annoyed that your p2w advantage is diminishing? The meta icons can't be earned for another month anyway, nothing wrong with everyone having a free icon. It makes the game more enjoyable.[/quote]

If you read the rest of the thread I stated I was in Div 3 and haven't even played a WL yet this year... What kind of pay to win type of player would I be :')
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional

I'd be interested to know what your team is?? I'm willing to bet that you have a crazy team... yet you dont want to play against people who also have decent teams?
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up

Who cares? Give casuals a chance to enjoy these players...

Meaning that for the rest of Fifa 20 every team you come against will have a legend. It's mid-October.... Sounds enjoyable. Can't wait for all of the variety!!![/quote]

Who cares? I don’t mind if everyone has a fair chance to use top rated players... it’s a level playing field
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    Also anyone who is a casual isn't getting anywhere close to 24 tokens. Maybe they'll get Guardiola at best
  • Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain

I'd be interested to know what your team is?? I'm willing to bet that you have a crazy team... yet you dont want to play against people who also have decent teams? [/quote]

My team is pretty strong for this stage of the year I would say - don't think by any means it would be considered a 'crazy' team.

If you care at all here it is:

Mertens - Lucas Moura

Allan

Witsel - OTW Ndombele - Sissoko

Rousillon - Akanji - Sanchez - IF Adama Traore

Burki

In game I switch Adama Traore to right ST, I bring Allan to CM, and Sissoko to RB. Everyone is on full chem.

• Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain

I'd be interested to know what your team is?? I'm willing to bet that you have a crazy team... yet you dont want to play against people who also have decent teams? [/quote]

* Moura to CAM
  • BlackFridayRule
    1598 posts Play-Off Hero
    Took me 10 minutes to do the bundesliga one. Wish everyone would quit as soon as they are 1 down 😂
  • Idek
    17621 posts World Class
    Everybody having 1 icon in their team isn't going to be gamebreaking, especially the lower end ones like Guardiola
  • Glenleven
    59 posts Park Captain
    Also anyone who is a casual isn't getting anywhere close to 24 tokens. Maybe they'll get Guardiola at best

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, I just think it's early to be seeing everyone with icons on their team in the middle of October. Hopefully I'll be wrong!
  • gorillabear
    1055 posts Professional
    Took me 10 minutes to do the bundesliga one. Wish everyone would quit as soon as they are 1 down 😂

Wish that happened to me! Had a couple I was winning end with 90th minute equalizers
  • Illini McG
    1083 posts Professional

I'm not saying it's the end of the world, I just think it's early to be seeing everyone with icons on their team in the middle of October. Hopefully I'll be wrong!

if everyone has an icon......why is it such a huge issue? you will have the best of the lot by how easy it was for you to get the tokens. lol
  • BadSeedsFC
    3100 posts National Call-Up
    Hey OP how bout we relax?
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    Illini McG wrote: »

if everyone has an icon......why is it such a huge issue? you will have the best of the lot by how easy it was for you to get the tokens. lol

OP is crazy...
  • RVN_10
    761 posts Semi-Pro
    Having an icon is fine, rather play an icon here and there than neymar mbappe and co every other game
  • Dolph
    1231 posts Professional
    This community, there is always someone to complain about something
  • D0lvl
    4771 posts Big Money Move
    smh. someone complaining about casuals completing icon objectives...