Manchester United Football Club

Comments

• Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Apollo wrote: »

Would be incredible, but I just can't see us making that many in January sadly. 2 at the most imo

Defo not happening, it's extremely difficult to get signings of quality in January.

It’s difficult enough for judge in the summer when people are available , let alone January when people don’t want to sell.
  • Ahmer50x
    19195 posts World Class
    Was just thinking about Liverpool and I remembered this goal:

KindFilthyAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.gif

Just amazing.
  • UM4R
    3970 posts Moderator
    a good short read, basically my issues with the current situation written up in a much more coherent manner :lol:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/manchester-united-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-ed-woodward-premier-league-liverpool
  • arsenalap
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    Gervonta wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ViVaWhom wrote: »
    people really think Adrian is up there... 😂😂😂😂😂

Super Cup hero, 8 wins out of 8, least goals conceded.

yeah, and it proved my point that Allison gets overrated because of the team he plays in...

Are you saying you wouldn't have Adrian over Bravo, Willy Caballero, Emi Martinez, Gazzaniga etc?

I’d definitely have him over the last two. Gazzaniga isn’t that good and Martinez is awful.

Absolute tripe. Martinez isnt awful at all.

And I think Can would be a decent signing if he can stay fit, not sure what the negativity is over tbh.
  • Teh Zombz
    3861 posts National Call-Up
    looking forward to beating liverpool and then losing the next 5 afterwards
  • Apollo
    15755 posts World Class
    Teh Zombz wrote: »
    looking forward to beating liverpool and then losing the next 5 afterwards

We will have Pogba, Martial, AWB and Shaw back for those 5. That will massively help.
  • finsfan85
    12758 posts Has That Special Something
    In the only stat that matters, that’s good enough for 12th.
  • MorroWtje
    4883 posts National Call-Up
    it seems that our expected goals scored, goals conceded etc are way better than we're performing. think it just shows we have a solid base and lacking quality in the rest of the pitch which we all knew
  • Apollo
    15755 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »

Its almost as if a sample size of only 8 games isn't a true representation of the final standings at the end of the season.
  • Gervonta

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

There’s two good stats for you :smile:
  • finsfan85

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

And since then, the 2 clubs have been headed in very different directions, as evidenced by the only stat that matters. :smile:
  • Apollo
    15755 posts World Class

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

And since then, the 2 clubs have been headed in very different directions, as evidenced by the only stat that matters. :smile:

The league table only matters after 38 games. Crystal Palace are 6th right now, Spurs are 9th, Everton are 18th. None of those teams will finish near those positions. Either you're trolling, which is highly, highly likely, or you need to learn about sample size bias.
  • finsfan85

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

The league table only matters after 38 games. Crystal Palace are 6th right now, Spurs are 9th, Everton are 18th. None of those teams will finish near those positions. Either you're trolling, which is highly, highly likely, or you need to learn about sample size bias.

You’ll likely be further down the table after 9 games. When do you stop putting it off as sample size bias?
  • Apollo
    15755 posts World Class
    edited October 16

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

You’ll likely be further down the table after 9 games. When do you stop putting it off as sample size bias?

Actually a decent way into the season. Like around Christmas, something like that. It's not just United that I'm maintaining this premise for. Liverpool fans can attest to that fact by the fact I was defending them against the suggestion that they'd have bottled the league if they don't win it despite being 8 points ahead in October.
  • Gervonta

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

The likes of Newcastle beat us , you couldn’t even put a goal past us

• finsfan85

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

Thank you for further proving my point.
  • Pietu
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 16

4 goals scored

0 goals conceded

Norwich > United confirmed :trollface:
  • Ahmer50x
    19195 posts World Class
    Just when Chelsea were becoming likable, @finsfan85 had to go full @TakeItSlow .
  • Pietu
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Just when Chelsea were becoming likable, @finsfan85 had to go full @TakeItSlow .

Never go full @TakeItSlow
  • finsfan85
    Just when Chelsea were becoming likable, finsfan85 had to go full TakeItSlow .

Telling the truth > Likes
  • SDoofus
    5768 posts Big Money Move

That’s a really nice picture of Stamford Bridge in your DP. Pitch looks beautiful.
  • Gervonta

That’s a really nice picture of Stamford Bridge in your DP. Pitch looks beautiful.

Shame about the floating shirt , could of Atleast had a player in the picture not a ghost.
  • Apollo
    15755 posts World Class
    I think Chong could do with a loan, but I'd be disappointed if we let Gomes go out on loan and we haven't given Garner a chance yet in the senior team in the cup games to make a decision on him one way or the other.
  • finsfan85

Shame about the floating shirt , could of Atleast had a player in the picture not a ghost.

This thread is about United. Please keep it on topic.
  • Ahmer50x
    19195 posts World Class
    I think Chong could do with a loan, but I'd be disappointed if we let Gomes go out on loan and we haven't given Garner a chance yet in the senior team in the cup games to make a decision on him one way or the other.

If Ole isn't going to play them, we should loan them. They're getting nothing from youth football.
  • Retro_G
    29816 posts National Team Captain

Garner should be given a chance in the cup games, he is ready.
  • arsenalap
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh at this rate you should loan out Greenwood..