Squad battles only?

kopking89
913 posts Professional
Maybe I’m just bad at the game this year but I can’t seem to get anywhere with rivals this year. Is it a waste to just play squad battles and be done with it?!

Currently rocking a Serie A side with all the usuals except cr7 but just get smashed online.

Comments

• Cheetah Thumbs
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    I play 80-90% sb. I play enough rivals games to get to gold 3 and get some packs.
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    Yeah makes sense, think I’ll be doing the same from now on. Played 7 rivals games last night, lost 5, won 1 and drew 1! 😂😂😂
  • BrentfordFC
    13440 posts Has That Special Something
    What division & formation you playing ?
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    7th division and tried multiple formations, 4411, 352, 451
  • Massman
    247 posts Sunday League Hero

its better playing DR and learn and improve
    rather then BORING sb that wont improve your game just teach you how to beat the ai

i find sb to be the most boring mode ther is
  • kopking89
    913 posts Professional
    Fair enough, I enjoy the game when it’s competitive, not necessarily winning all the time but at least nearly winning!
  • Edu
    7026 posts Big Money Move
    I wanted to do that but I pulled some great players and was able to make a good team.

SB rewards are terrible this year. Did gold 1 last 3 weeks and never got an walkout
  • NornIron
    13800 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    I have one sided slow gameplay but still winning some matches every match is tough.
    Make a few custom tactics my main one is 442 have one striker that can hold the ball up. The amount of times I have to turn back is unreal thats why I need Lewandowski,Kane etc to hold the ball.

Tactics are .
    Balanced

Balanced

Full backs stay back
    One CM stay back both cover center.
    Everything else default.
  • RealM
    6459 posts Big Money Move
    Edu wrote: »
    I wanted to do that but I pulled some great players and was able to make a good team.

SB rewards are terrible this year. Did gold 1 last 3 weeks and never got an walkout

So you are using pack luck as an excuse?
  • Edu
    7026 posts Big Money Move
    No pack luck. The problem is the reward. The bad packs that comes with the rewards.
    MM rewards are better than SB rewards
  • Antparry92
    19234 posts World Class
    SB is absolutely revolting this year. Drop back and defend and they seem to nerf all your stats especially against world class etc. It’s a complete borefest IMO and I played a fair bit of SB last year so I’m a bit bummed about it all
  • LosBlancos
    1030 posts Professional
    I’m in same boat. Don’t know what to do, nothing is fun anymore yet i have an amazing squad. Where do i exchange my team for cash lololol
  • SweetJesus101
    3209 posts National Call-Up
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    SB is absolutely revolting this year. Drop back and defend and they seem to nerf all your stats especially against world class etc. It’s a complete borefest IMO and I played a fair bit of SB last year so I’m a bit bummed about it all

even worse atm in legendary. after the update, that ❤️❤️❤️❤️ mode is ❤️❤️❤️❤️ everywhere at legendary difficulty
  • nsholmberg11
    1430 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yup, it’s not very fun getting your ❤️❤️❤️❤️ kicked online every other match. I play a handful of rivals matches to get gold 3 for rewards. Most everything else is sb.

I get kicked out of the servers so often though it’s really hard to play and complete matches too
  • swfcfan89
    1161 posts Professional
    You can comfortably get to elite 1 in squad battles playing the rubbish, low chemistry teams on world class and the full chemistry ones on professional.

There's the occasional random BS moment now and then and it is pretty boring but it's mostly a chilled out way of grinding coins and packs without the stress of the ultra-competitive online modes Rivals and Champs that is plagued with wind up merchants looking to abuse every flaw in the game.
  • Massman
    247 posts Sunday League Hero
    does any1 have a good formation+tactics for SB?
    finished all my icon swaps in DR with ease
    but in SB its a diffrent story
    very hard for me against the cpu
  • Realist
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    Massman wrote: »
    does any1 have a good formation+tactics for SB?
    finished all my icon swaps in DR with ease
    but in SB its a diffrent story
    very hard for me against the cpu

442. Spread it about. Be patient. One twos with strikers. Heel to heel flicks can leave defenders dead. Stop and turns in the box and smash in at near post. (This is all pre patch. Not had the chance to play post patch yet)