• SDoofus
    6265 posts Big Money Move
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Where does he play?

Brighton.
  • wth22
    10552 posts Has That Special Something
    Apollo wrote: »
    @wth22 Stop saying stuff like this before the fact ffs, it seems inevitable Salah will turn up now :weary: Remember what happened with the Liverpool penalty

I called that one, I'll have called this one too o:)
  • Pietu
    3641 posts National Call-Up
    1 win and we Finland make the Euros for the first time ever!! @Sellish
    Also Kamara is a baller
  • LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »
    1 win and we Finland make the Euros for the first time ever!! @Sellish
    Also Kamara is a baller

I guess I’ll be rooting for you considering NI fluffed it against Holland
  • Pietu
    3641 posts National Call-Up
    Pietu wrote: »
    1 win and we Finland make the Euros for the first time ever!! Sellish
    Also Kamara is a baller

I guess I’ll be rooting for you considering NI fluffed it against Holland

The underdog story arch is real
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class
    @tilen11 Think it was you who posted United's team news the other day, here's the latest:
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is preparing to welcome back the cavalry for Manchester United’s clash with Premier League leaders Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Anthony Martial, Victor Lindelof, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw are all in contention to return for the visit of Jurgen Klopp’s in-form side as Solskjaer bids to arrest United’s alarming slide.

Martial resumed full training this week after seven-and-a-half weeks out with a thigh injury and, barring any setbacks, Solskjaer hopes to have the France striker fit to lead the line against Liverpool in what would be a timely boost given United’s troubles in front of goal.

🤩

Pogba a doubt though sadly:
    Paul Pogba will be examined over the course of this week as United’s medical staff assess his recovery from an ankle injury which has forced him to miss five of United’s last seven matches, although the Liverpool game could come too soon.
  • Kellnerr
    2857 posts Fans' Favourite
    Martial hasn't played in nearly 2 months, no way he'll already be matchfit nevermind start the game. Probably a second half cameo for him. Pogba out would be nice for us though.
  • tilen11
    5561 posts Big Money Move
    Apollo wrote: »
    @tilen11 Think it was you who posted United's team news the other day, here's the latest:
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is preparing to welcome back the cavalry for Manchester United’s clash with Premier League leaders Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Anthony Martial, Victor Lindelof, Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Luke Shaw are all in contention to return for the visit of Jurgen Klopp’s in-form side as Solskjaer bids to arrest United’s alarming slide.

Martial resumed full training this week after seven-and-a-half weeks out with a thigh injury and, barring any setbacks, Solskjaer hopes to have the France striker fit to lead the line against Liverpool in what would be a timely boost given United’s troubles in front of goal.

🤩

Pogba a doubt though sadly:
    Paul Pogba will be examined over the course of this week as United’s medical staff assess his recovery from an ankle injury which has forced him to miss five of United’s last seven matches, although the Liverpool game could come too soon.

Some good news for you but doubt Martial starts..risky imo
  • LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class
    De Gea out for the weekend now aswell apparently. Don’t actually think it changes things too much
  • Flapjack
    6983 posts Big Money Move
    For all the criticism our defence has gotten this season, its been so good that they've excluded Adrian from this metric due to him facing too few shots.
  • ViVaWhom
    8326 posts League Winner
    Flapjack wrote: »
    For all the criticism our defence has gotten this season, its been so good that they've excluded Adrian from this metric due to him facing too few shots.

another proof that Allison doesnt do much
  • LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

‘Doesn’t do much’ aye but when he does he does it well. Just because he has decent positioning and doesn’t pull off camera saves means he isn’t goof lmao
  • Flapjack
    6983 posts Big Money Move

Lol. Alisson had the highest save percentage in the league last season. When he had a job to do, he did it.

• LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class

Lol. Alisson had the highest save percentage in the league last season. When he had a job to do, he did it.

United fans must think Buffon was trash
  • Apollo
    16394 posts World Class

Wish people would stop thinking that if one fan in a fanbase on here thinks something, they all think it.
  • ViVaWhom
    8326 posts League Winner

"united fans" we are not one person, talk towards me...

Buffon had way more to do then Allison thats for sure, as i say, any keeper looks good in your side, proven by the extremely average Adrian

unless you think Adrian has suddenly hit his peak when he was free agent
  • LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class

Buffon had way more to do then Allison thats for sure, as i say, any keeper looks good in your side, proven by the extremely average Adrian

I don’t even think Adrian has been that good. He can’t pick out a fullback to save his life but makes some nice saves (Mertens one sticks out). Decent shot stopped but not much else, slight upgrade on Migs but I’m so happy Ali is back personally.

I get maybe we value certain aspects over others which is fair so maybe I was a little harsh on you so I apologise for that but to me Alisson is a fantastic shot stopper, rarely ever drops/flaps at crosses when he comes to claim them, reads the game fantastically from a positional standpoint and is the best GK in the world with the ball at his feet (Ederson is v close and Onana a little bit behind). Hence I rate him best in the world.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 16

Erm. Karius anyone? It was the same back line. You lot slaughtered him. But now we have goalkeepers doing well, it’s because of our back line lmao.
  • ViVaWhom
    8326 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »

Erm. Karius anyone? It was the same back line. You lot slaughtered him. But now we have goalkeepers doing well, it’s because of our back line lmao.

Karius wasnt an average keeper... he is bottom of the barrel
  • SDoofus
    Moving the goalposts, as usual :D

Imagine trying to make out that Alisson isn’t amazing and that Adrian has only done well because of our back line.

It’s the same back line that you lot have slaughtered this season, so which one is it? Make your minds up.
  • ViVaWhom
    8326 posts League Winner

Imagine trying to make out that Alisson isn’t amazing and that Adrian has only done well because of our back line.

It’s the same back line that you lot have slaughtered this season, so which one is it? Make your minds up.

moving goalposts? i mean i literally said "average" beforehand

you have been opened up alot this season, that doesnt always result in a shot on target
  • LFC Simon 98
    18284 posts World Class

you have been opened up alot this season, that doesnt always result in a shot on target

So what you are saying is we have defended well as the attacks has come to nothing?
  • Tornado31619
    17983 posts World Class

Yes and no. Your backline wasn’t as good before Kiev as it was afterwards. Although that’s probably at least partially due to the confidence they had in Alisson.

As Simon and Flapjack said, Alisson might not be as busy as, say, de Gea, but he steps up when he needs to.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 17
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

Viva: "Your defense has been opened up repeatedly this season"

Unbiased statistics: Adrian hasn't faced enough shots to be ranked

Viva: "Told yous Alisson was a fraud"

Unbelievable, isn't it?

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • ViVaWhom
    8326 posts League Winner
    edited October 16
    just be glad you dont need Allison, he will come back and make zero difference

So what you are saying is we have defended well as the attacks has come to nothing?

well no, hitting a shot wide isnt defending the attack well
  • arsenalap
    6183 posts Big Money Move

Seriously?

I've heard you say 'arsenal fans' before when Womb was the only one with silly points..
  • Kellnerr
    2857 posts Fans' Favourite
    just be glad you dont need Allison, he will come back and make zero difference

well no, hitting a shot wide isnt defending the attack well

just be glad you don't need De Gea on Sunday, he's worse than Romero anyway

b6844916aedbf84732d66df1cebf0106.png