Ahmer50x wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Both Victor and Dave starts tonight.
    Just hope Victor doesn't get injuried.

I doubt Lindelof will get back into the first team if he gets injured.

Of course he would.

Such a stupid comment. Wasn't even worth answering imo.

It's hardly a stupid comment.

AWB and Shaw will likely reclaim the fullback spots on their return from injury and if Axel / Maguire got a partnership going in Lindelof's absence, it would hardly make sense to disturb it.

He was talking about getting back in the first team, not in the starting XI.

Lindelöf didn't get injuried and did play well today so expecting to see him start against Liverpool.

Against opponents like Mane/Firmino/Salah then Lindelöf is without a doubt our best CB.
    Would like to see him and Axel. Could see them running circles around Maguire.

Maguire has to play to mark VVD on corners.

Good point.

But for some reason it's always Victor who gets the big guys on corners.

That's because opposition manager's know about Lindelof's weaknesses, target him with big physical players.
  • ComptonLAX94
    506 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 15

Of course he would.

AWB and Shaw will likely reclaim the fullback spots on their return from injury and if Axel / Maguire got a partnership going in Lindelof's absence, it would hardly make sense to disturb it.

Lindelöf didn't get injuried and did play well today so expecting to see him start against Liverpool.

Against opponents like Mane/Firmino/Salah then Lindelöf is without a doubt our best CB.

We should probably consider a back 3 if there's no DDG/Pogba tbh
    Romero
    Lindelof---Tuanzebe---Maguire
    AWB---McTominay---Pereira---Shaw
    Rashford---Martial---James

Surely Maguire Central?

Wasn't really thinking about positioning in that back 3 but yeah probably given he's the least mobile and best in the air.

Ok fair enough. Like the formation but don't like Pereira there might aswell gamble on Fred even though he has been shocking.
  • Sellish
    9525 posts League Winner

Of course he would.

Wrong, I meant the first team as in the starting 11. Lindelof needs to be on top form over the coming weeks, personally would've dropped Lindelof after his multiple clangers. Axel is well capable of taking his spot.

You said first team, that's why I thought it was a stupid comment.

A lot of you think that Maguire is the best thing since sliced bread and that Lindelöf is bang average and I believe in the opposite so not going into this discussion again. Just agreeing to disagree.

Of course he would.

Good point.

That's because opposition manager's know about Lindelof's weaknesses, target him with big physical players.

We are the ones to decide who to mark who on set pieces, not the other way around.
  • ViVaWhom
    8304 posts League Winner
    people really think Adrian is up there... 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Ahmer50x
    20013 posts Club Captain

Of course he would.

We should probably consider a back 3 if there's no DDG/Pogba tbh
    Romero
    Lindelof---Tuanzebe---Maguire
    AWB---McTominay---Pereira---Shaw
    Rashford---Martial---James

Surely Maguire Central?

Wasn't really thinking about positioning in that back 3 but yeah probably given he's the least mobile and best in the air.

Ok fair enough. Like the formation but don't like Pereira there might aswell gamble on Fred even though he has been shocking.

I think I’d honestly rather see us play Phil Jones in midfield than ever see Fred play for United again.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32194 posts National Team Captain
    edited October 16

Of course he would.

Of course he would.

I just assumed he meant starting 11, but if he was actually talking about first team, that’s even more moronic.

assuming he was talking about the starting 11... It’s still a dumb comment. I understand everyone loves Axel, myself included, but Lindelof is the clear starting choice. People need to get over the heading crap, it’s part of the big reason why Maguire was so favored was to help compensate for that where Lindelof excels in just about every other defensive category. He’s had 2 bad moments due to headers and In both of those moments he was covering someone else’s man at the last second because their original markers let them go. He’s been “targeted” a small handful of times throughout that small spell of games and he handled himself just fine. I’d even go as far as to say since that Vestergaard goal he’s been the best CB so far this season.

That’s not even taking into the account that OGS doesn’t seem to have it in him to permanently sacrifice the experienced option in the starting 11, otherwise we’d have not seen Rashford at ST as much as we have and he’d have played Greenwood and Gomes more
    Post edited by XxRichiexRichxX on
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Of course he would.

Wrong, I meant the first team as in the starting 11. Lindelof needs to be on top form over the coming weeks, personally would've dropped Lindelof after his multiple clangers. Axel is well capable of taking his spot.

:joy: and that would have been a rash decision. Might as well go ahead and bench the whole starting 11 if you’re going to bench someone for ultimately 2-3 bad moments on the season.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Of course he would.

Good point.

What do you mean? :joy: On corners it’s 100% down to who our players decide they need to mark. Your boy Maguire needs to step up and call Lindelof off the big guys and would if he was this big leader that he’s made out to be.
  • Pughy30
    26385 posts Player of the Year
    Looks like Juve are offloading all their leftovers to you guys. Mandzukic and now Emre Can is being linked
  • Kman
    2993 posts National Call-Up
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Looks like Juve are offloading all their leftovers to you guys. Mandzukic and now Emre Can is being linked

Would take both tbh
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class

Mandzukic has been linked for a while tbf, anyone reliable linking Can?
  • Flapjack
    6981 posts Big Money Move
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    It’s okay. Romero is the best back up keeper in the league.

Think it’s telling that most Liverpool fans would rather see De Gea start in goal at the weekend over Romero. Never seen him have a bad game for United.
  • ViVaWhom
    8304 posts League Winner
    edited October 16

yeah but Can can be great for us like Sneijder was, what a player
  • Kellnerr
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can would hardly be an improvement, if anything, over your current midfield options. Mandzukic would be great though, not only as a plan B. Rather a short term solution but still good.
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class
    There are very conflicting reports regarding our striker targets, there's plenty saying we're after a long term striker like Dembele, and plenty saying we want a short term target like Mandzukic
  • Low Ki
    11867 posts Has That Special Something
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Can would hardly be an improvement, if anything, over your current midfield options. Mandzukic would be great though, not only as a plan B. Rather a short term solution but still good.

Not an improvement over at least Fred?
  • Kellnerr
    2856 posts Fans' Favourite
    Low Ki wrote: »

Yeah hardly. And I don't rate your midfielders at all :sweat_smile:
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class
    Low Ki wrote: »

Yeah hardly. And I don't rate your midfielders at all :sweat_smile:

Fred is one of the biggest flops in the history of the PL. I don't want Can either but he'd undoubtedly be an improvement on Fred.
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class
    From what I can see the sources for the Can rumours are terrible thankfully
  • SDoofus
    6252 posts Big Money Move
    ViVaWhom wrote: »

Super Cup hero, 8 wins out of 8, least goals conceded.
  • ViVaWhom
    8304 posts League Winner
    SDoofus wrote: »

yeah, and it proved my point that Allison gets overrated because of the team he plays in...
  • TakeItSlow
    8068 posts League Winner

yeah, and it proved my point that Allison gets overrated because of the team he plays in...

Are you saying you wouldn't have Adrian over Bravo, Willy Caballero, Emi Martinez, Gazzaniga etc?
  • Gervonta
    4058 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Are you saying you wouldn't have Adrian over Bravo, Willy Caballero, Emi Martinez, Gazzaniga etc?

I’d definitely have him over the last two. Gazzaniga isn’t that good and Martinez is awful.
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class

Would be incredible, but I just can't see us making that many in January sadly. 2 at the most imo
  • Retro_G
    30488 posts National Team Captain
    Apollo wrote: »

Would be incredible, but I just can't see us making that many in January sadly. 2 at the most imo

Defo not happening, it's extremely difficult to get signings of quality in January.
  • Apollo
    16373 posts World Class
    Apollo wrote: »

Defo not happening, it's extremely difficult to get signings of quality in January.

Yep I can't see it either. I think a striker is likely and maybe a midfielder as well, but I can't see us getting more business done than that.
  • Tornado31619
    17923 posts World Class
    Would rather wait until the summer if our January targets are of inferior quality.
  • RayS
    27220 posts Player of the Year
    @XxRichiexRichxX u watch the US game last night?

How do we feel about supporting two teams that can't win anything against anyone even half decent :D:D:|:|

oh, football is fun