Krasi said this is the reason for Delay

Ronaldo5644
132 posts Has Potential To Be Special
“bro, they figured it out. Animations are the problem! This was due to the animation selection system taking too long to pick an appropriate animation in some situations. Problem solved 🎣”

Comments

• Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    So how they gonna fix it?
  • NornIron
    13818 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    Has it been in fifa since 2013 and why does it only affect one player during the match?
    I doubt that's the problem seems EA are giving up trying to fix it.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    its not animations lol, u can easily tell if the delay is in the game if ur fake shot doesnt register, yet the opp spam it regularly
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a good thing they fix this.

If you experience delay, I bet it will get much worse having to wait for mechanics to actually work too.

This should make delay a little better, it won’t fix the inital problem tho.
  • Lackosweat
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    They didn’t fix it. They just admit there IS such thing as unresponsiveness in this game. It’s not even because of the connection, it’s because of the engine itself and they can’t do anything about it. Unless they use a whole new engine to build FIFA 21, I don’t see myself touching it ever again.
  • Tboon
    3454 posts National Call-Up
    It's fixed in the new patch (see patch notes).
  • NornIron
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    They didn’t fix it. They just admit there IS such thing as unresponsiveness in this game. It’s not even because of the connection, it’s because of the engine itself and they can’t do anything about it. Unless they use a whole new engine to build FIFA 21, I don’t see myself touching it ever again.

Its been in it since around 2012 was a different engine then, its their servers but they dont want to spent any money upgrading them.
  • Lackosweat
    7370 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    Tboon wrote: »
    It's fixed in the new patch (see patch notes).

No. They only addressed it, they didn't fix it. If it was fixable, they would have done it right away.
  • Salvatori
    2043 posts Fans' Favourite
    He also said "get your cheap and safe coins......." blah blah. Invalidates anything else he says IMO.

That said, yeah he is just reading from the patch notes...........
  • joehuk
    4296 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    They haven't fixed delay but hopefully fixed all the broken animations I've been bringing up since day one.

Dribbling, first touch, ball control was so broken.

Looking forward to testing update tonight.

Not happy about the legendary buff tho.

Personally I'm mainly a sqaud battle player and play against legendary and already most games o feel I'm against super humans, never mind after all these buffs.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Raider wrote: »
    its not animations lol, u can easily tell if the delay is in the game if ur fake shot doesnt register, yet the opp spam it regularly

That's unresponsiveness. Delay is when that fakeshot registers but occurs later than expected.
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    It's both animation and servers. Animation cause even squad battles to lag while servers cause menu delay, add both into normal gameplay and you have one giant lag fest
  • Huxx
    3217 posts National Call-Up
    It's not THE reason for delay, it's the reason certain actions don't happen for a while after your button input
  • MadJohnMadnesS
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    NornIron wrote: »
    Lackosweat wrote: »

Its been in it since around 2012 was a different engine then, its their servers but they dont want to spent any money upgrading them.

No it's not servers!It's added to the game intentionally.Otherwise you all would be delighted with your teams and players,and nobody would buy fifa points!
  • Orison
    55491 posts National Treasure
    This is not delay, this is unresponsiveness. With delay your players are acting/reacting too late. With unresponsiveness they don't act based on your input whatsoever.

And yes the cause of unresponsiveness was clearly in the game (and still is after the patch, because they didn't fix right stick responsiveness) and was not server based.

But normal delay will still be there.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    FIFA 21
  • Pooter
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    Aqeel87 wrote: »
    FIFA 21

No, FIFA 50
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    Animations have been slower than ever before. But it is complete BS to think fixing delay is a matter of solely fixing the animations. If that was the case we would already have consistent gameplay. Whether it be good or bad. But gameplay varies nearly every match FFS!!! I also feel like gameplay suddenly switches at HT. But not 100% sure about that.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    its funny how we all get the super fast fibre connections yet we still have this issues as we had couple years ago on some 10mb connections, surely as someone said its built into the game to help the surprise mechanics work
  • SomeNextGuy
    4785 posts Big Money Move
    Is it tho
  • Krasi never figured ❤️❤️❤️❤️ out, its in the patch noted for 1.4
  • NornIron
    Personally I think more and more people are getting delay/sluggish gameplay every year because internet is improving and EA are still using the servers that were setup about 10 years ago. Go back to dial up and im sure fifa will work perfectly fine.
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    NornIron wrote: »
    Personally I think more and more people are getting delay/sluggish gameplay every year because internet is improving and EA are still using the servers that were setup about 10 years ago. Go back to dial up and im sure fifa will work perfectly fine.

Yea, we probably won't notice if EA goes back to dial-up servers. It already feels like we are playing on dial-up servers........ :/
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4408 posts National Call-Up
    When is the patch out?
  • Gnomenclature
    5951 posts Big Money Move
    According to the patch notes, it APPEARS that some of the button delay is due to extra animations. I can see this being true when you press the shoot button and it's tackled away before your player actually executes the shot. I think ea originally added the extra animations to tone down first time shots...

However, nothing in the notes address server performance. Nothing win the notes even comments on said issue....
  • princeapalia
    1080 posts Professional
    So why are my skills moves delayed when there’s literally only 1 animation to choose from :D:D

Oh EA, u dumb
  • Ronaldo
    3901 posts National Call-Up
    Krasi was delayed at birth.
  • CeeQue
    12795 posts Has That Special Something
    So they admitted there was a problem regardless of where it came from. Just another to the pile of problems this game has.
  • XxNevermindxX
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    How are you guys seeing these patch notes?