The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• wheelerdeeler
    6256 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 11
    I'm hoping Tomori kicks on over the next month and then he starts against Kosovo or Montenegro in November. Doubt he does on Monday. Think he's perfectly suited for international football because he's good on the ball, fast and strong in blunt terms. There's a 99% chance he plays more than Joe Gomez over the next month as well.

Dunk probably has the same thing that Conor Coady has in that he's playing in a 3 at the moment (although I think Brighton switched back to a four when they beat Spurs).

Honestly I’m more concerned that you know who England are playing in November, like does anyone take that much notice these days :D

It's only because I was looking at our Group earlier because they were saying we'd qualify if we won tonight. Was talking to someone about us potentially giving the Sterling's, Kane's etc. a rest in the November internationals (assuming we qualify either tonight or on Monday) and giving more time to Maddison, Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori etc. and give them some proper experience. Especially Kosovo away, because they could quite possibly be going into that game needing a result to qualify.
  • They Caged Non
    4897 posts Big Money Move
    I'm hoping Tomori kicks on over the next month and then he starts against Kosovo or Montenegro in November. Doubt he does on Monday. Think he's perfectly suited for international football because he's good on the ball, fast and strong in blunt terms. There's a 99% chance he plays more than Joe Gomez over the next month as well.

Dunk probably has the same thing that Conor Coady has in that he's playing in a 3 at the moment (although I think Brighton switched back to a four when they beat Spurs).

Honestly I’m more concerned that you know who England are playing in November, like does anyone take that much notice these days :D

It's only because I was looking at our Group earlier because they were saying we'd qualify if we won tonight. Was talking to someone about us potentially giving the Sterling's, Kane's etc. a rest in the November internationals (assuming we qualify either tonight or on Monday) and giving more time to Maddison, Mount, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi, Tomori etc. and give them some proper experience. Especially Kosovo away, because they could quite possibly be going into that game needing a result to qualify.

Haha I’ll let you off then, I only found out who we are playing tonight off a lad at work yesterday.

Looks like we aren’t qualifying tonight based on this mind. Been scrappy.

• wheelerdeeler

Haha I’ll let you off then, I only found out who we are playing tonight off a lad at work yesterday.

Looks like we aren’t qualifying tonight based on this mind. Been scrappy.

Yeah, I had to check who we were playing tonight. I knew we were playing Bulgaria on Monday because there's been all the racism talk about that game in the week.
  • wheelerdeeler
    I remember talking about Soucek in here when we played them at Wembley, he's been immense tonight.
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    That was rubbish weren't it
  • They Caged Non
    4897 posts Big Money Move
    Poor, scrappy and 2nd best to most balls.

Then they brought T2000 on up front and our defence cacked it
  • Farlz wrote: »
    That was rubbish weren't it

I think we were looking at rubbish in the rear view tonight.
  • Alastair
    10088 posts Moderator
    Looks like there is one positive to Bury getting expelled.

@Karlos does this make you a Hereford fan now?
  • Karlos
    24326 posts Club Captain
    Alastair wrote: »

Certainly not.
  • WFCBagnall
    72154 posts Moderator
    I dont like football.
  • iHilarious
    13135 posts Has That Special Something
    We’re going up, no doubt in my mind
  • Karlos
    24326 posts Club Captain
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I dont like football.

League 2 is **** pal. What you playing at?
  • wheelerdeeler
    iHilarious wrote: »

3 Stand Derby against us next season.
  • WFCBagnall
    72154 posts Moderator
    Karlos wrote: »
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    I dont like football.

League 2 is **** pal. What you playing at?

It's absolutely awful.

We've kept 7 clean sheets and conceded 3 in a game 5 times :D

I've been to every game and literally only Crawley were actually any good :joy:
  • james2060
    2872 posts Fans' Favourite
    iHilarious wrote: »

Fight us for it, though could be us both for top 2. I could see Ipswich falling in away, they're not dominating teams like others near the top have been.
  • Hicksy2011
    13490 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh my word
    Today was the worst game of football I’ve witnessed in my life
    Gillingham are awful, so lucky for them that two relegation spots are taken up genuinely the worst team I’ve seen in league 1 ever
    Once again we could play for two weeks and not score
    And oh my days the referee was even worse than Gillingham
    It ranges from the incompetent (we had a 3 on 2 and Byrne already on a booking hacks down Cannon 2 yards off the ball at full speed and somehow doesn’t get a second) to the bizarre (Marquis got nailed running in behind, ref misses the blatant foul, we pick up the lose ball and continue the attack. Ref stops the play for Marquis to get treatment on his leg, and then gives Gills the ball back after)
    Genuinely if this was a normal league 1 season I would say we are in a relegation battle
  • JamieC
    811 posts Semi-Pro
    Out of the FA Trophy :angry:

14 year unbeaten record against Soham ends with a 3-0 loss with more **** refs :angry:

We'll just try again next year...
  • Alastair
    10088 posts Moderator

Certainly not.

You’re not a fan of Dawson?

He seemed amazing with all the interviews he gave about your owner.
  • Karlos
    24326 posts Club Captain

Certainly not.

You’re not a fan of Dawson?

He seemed amazing with all the interviews he gave about your owner.

Nice guy, not a good player.
  • Hicksy2011
    13490 posts Has That Special Something
    @Akinfenwaaaa you should pray you don’t get Ainsworth :joy:
    He seems a good manager but he’s that negative he makes Jackett look like Klopp
    Once when they played here the ref had to lecture them twice about time wasting inside the first 10 minutes because they were already stalling the game so badly
  • wheelerdeeler
    Have I missed something or has Reading’s DoF just appointed himself as their new Head Coach?
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4193 posts National Call-Up
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    @Akinfenwaaaa you should pray you don’t get Ainsworth :joy:
    He seems a good manager but he’s that negative he makes Jackett look like Klopp
    Once when they played here the ref had to lecture them twice about time wasting inside the first 10 minutes because they were already stalling the game so badly

It's between Ainsworth and Rowett so it's going to be someone negative regardless, I'd honestly really rather keep Adam Barrett than take either of those but unfortunately it's not my decision :joy: our fans have already got it in for Ainsworth after an incident between him and then captain Tony Craig a few years back. It's basically going to be Steve Lomas 2.0 but maybe on a lesser scale. If he doesn't hit the ground running then it's basically over before it has even begun for him.
  • Lard_Lad
    12642 posts Has That Special Something
    Absolute joke that Mings gets a call up and a start before Jack O’Connell. O’connell Was better than him last year and is better than him this year
  • NornIron
    12088 posts Has That Special Something
    Paddy Zidane and Whyte ripping up the Czechs.
  • Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Absolute joke that Mings gets a call up and a start before Jack O’Connell. O’connell Was better than him last year and is better than him this year

That’s not how you spell Adam Webster though?
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Don't be silly Lard

• Lard_Lad
    12642 posts Has That Special Something
    Farlz wrote: »
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Don't be silly Lard

I mean it’s true, look at defensive records as well, and the stats. O’Connell is so much better, but cause he didn’t cost 20m+ he won’t get picked.
  • Farlz
    8554 posts League Winner
    can't be picking players from tinpot clubs