Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    18127 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Fabian Ruiz and Aouar would be very good for you imo.

Ruiz :blush:

Love that man.
  • Kellnerr
    2820 posts Fans' Favourite
    Because your CMs have to cover for your full-backs and end up being restricted offensively.

Nah that's a myth. A great attacking CM is exactly what we need. Look at Lallana in the 16/17 season and Ox the season after. Both rather attacking players that did exceptionally well from CM in our system and got great returns.
  • SDoofus
    6033 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Because your CMs have to cover for your full-backs and end up being restricted offensively.

Nah that's a myth. A great attacking CM is exactly what we need. Look at Lallana in the 16/17 season and Ox the season after. Both rather attacking players that did exceptionally well from CM in our system and got great returns.

It’s not a myth. Klopp’s system has evolved since those seasons. We were playing Coutinho as a CM at one point, which we likely wouldn’t even entertain the idea of doing now. TAA and Robertson are our main creative outlets and the CMs cover for them constantly, throughout the game. I mean, if we signed a creative CM who is also an absolute workhorse, then I’m sure Klopp would be all for it, but a creative CM that is weak defensively, like most of them are, wouldn’t fit into our current set up. That’s why we signed Keita, as he excelled defensively as well as going forward, and of course, Oxlade-Chamberlain was playing as a wing back for Arsenal, putting in a defensive shift week in week out when he played. I can’t ever see Klopp signing a pure attacking CM unless we were changing to 4231 and using him as the number 10. Shaqiri is a prime example of someone who we could use as an attacking CM, but Klopp never uses him there, which is another clue that he isn’t looking for that kind of player to play there.
  • Argie8
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    Klopp would be able to make Havertz work in our setup. Fabinho is intelligent enough to be able to cover the space well and I'm sure Havertz could do it too if Klopp wanted him to. Shaqiri has always been terrible defensively, in regards to work rate and positioning, so I wouldn't use him as the main example. Ox and Gini both came as attacking midfielders and they have done well in our system
  • arsenalap
    6023 posts Big Money Move
    I think the question more is will Havertz want to do it.

He is one of the best talents in the world, he would need a team where he can be creative and show off his talents. On the other hand he would become a more complete player if he does learn more of the defensive side.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18127 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I think the question more is will Havertz want to do it.

He is one of the best talents in the world, he would need a team where he can be creative and show off his talents. On the other hand he would become a more complete player if he does learn more of the defensive side.

Depends if he wants to win trophies or not ;)
  • arsenalap
    6023 posts Big Money Move
    Tbh I wouldn't rule it out.

I could see him at Madrid, Juve or Liverpool. Nowhere else really
  • SDoofus
    The part that makes me go full muppet the most is the fact he said he'd choose us on FIFA.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18127 posts World Class
    Imagine we actually do sign him. Like tf. Pep may aswell quit
  • Pietu
    3321 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 14
    SDoofus wrote: »
    ow5qxb66zcs31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=18fa104f4fb3ab1a54bb9ddf8565feb663d0c910

Yeah, saw this on Reddit aswell. #RedBappe
  • Wyojasond
    12152 posts Has That Special Something
    Honestly I just want to sign him at this point to see all the salt in here 🧂😏
  • Wyojasond
    12152 posts Has That Special Something
    Sounds like Salah will be good to go as well 😎

• tilen11
    5512 posts Big Money Move
    Alisson and Salah will be ready for the Manchester United game at Old Trafford on October 20th. The duo will almost surely be straight in the starting lineups. No other injury concerns for Jurgen Klopp at this moment. #LFC

(Paul Joyce - The Times)

News on United:

Pogba will supposedly miss the game. Deschamps spoke about his problems and said he will be out for 3 weeks. James had problems sice he suffered a concussion, will most likely play. No updates on Rashford and Martial.
  • wth22
    10468 posts Has That Special Something
    Good thing Salah will be back, or someone who actually turns up in big games might have played.
  • wth22
    wth22 wrote: »
    Good thing Salah will be back, or someone who actually turns up in big games might have played.

Jokes on you....mid table teams are his specialty 💁‍♂️

Yet he's never scored or assisted against United ;)
  • SDoofus
    Setting yourself up for a big L here.
  • Pietu

He doesn't need to
  • wth22
    Pietu wrote: »

He doesn't need to

Yeah you're right, your record of 1 PL win in the last 10 against us says just as much.
  • Pietu

He doesn't need to

Yeah you're right, your record of 1 PL win in the last 10 against us says just as much.

But now you have Ole :lol:
  • LFC Simon 98
    18127 posts World Class

He doesn't need to

Doesn’t help that your lot always just set up with 10 men behind the ball from minute 1. And that’s when your at home. The away game last year was one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever seen. 36 shots to 4 or something iirc
  • Apollo
    16145 posts World Class
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Setting yourself up for a big L here.

Would have thought he would have learned his lesson after his comments recently about a last minute Liverpool penalty. Whoever says them, these things rarely go well :s
  • wth22

He doesn't need to

Doesn’t help that your lot always just set up with 10 men behind the ball from minute 1. And that’s when your at home. The away game last year was one of the most dominant performances I’ve ever seen. 36 shots to 4 or something iirc

And yet your finishing was so bad you had to rely on 2 late deflections to win :lol:
  • wth22

He doesn't need to

We had Ole when we had 4 injuries in 30 mins and you still couldn't beat us.
  • Pietu
    edited October 14

He doesn't need to

We had Ole when we had 4 injuries in 30 mins and you still couldn't beat us.

But you were better then, now you literally are a mid-table team
  • Apollo
    16145 posts World Class
    @wth22 Stop saying stuff like this before the fact ffs, it seems inevitable Salah will turn up now :weary: Remember what happened with the Liverpool penalty
  • Pxul_
    8212 posts League Winner
    Where does he play?