Castro 30-0

Comments

• lIlIlIlIlIl
    3583 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 14
    RTG20 wrote: »
    I don't really like his content, not my thing, but I still don't get why people get so mad about other people.

Is it cause he's more successful than you in the game, has the team you want, gets PAID to open packs, like, who cares

I suppose people are jealous. One thing that leaves me flummoxed is -who are these people subsidizing this crap? And I don't necessarily only point fingers at this 'Castro' fellow; earlier I happened to stumble on some broadcast with a blue-haired kid playing some shooter game and spouting a bunch of nonsense, practically being a clown. He had tens of thousands of viewers and a continuous stream of high-value donations popping up constantly by some obnoxious notification.

What has the world come to?
  • RVN_10
    384 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 14

Nope, just nope, done all those sbc's and have opened a fair few packs, I've done ok but more like 150k than a millions coins, you cant judge things off the forum as it is a tiny proportion of the community
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    Y’all the reason why this game have become **** after watching those you tubers giving them money etc, tell me one thing they did so far to improve the game by asking EA or they listen to them. Y’all are cycling them money by viewing and they been spending that money to FP and EA have been cycling that money back. Pack luck have been horrid for regular players like us due to the fact you tubers spend hundreds and thousands of real money. Why would we expect to get any walkout. Yeap y’all can cheer on someone else wealth just saying out there. I personally don’t have any problem with anyone but it is the fact of this game

“Pack luck has been horrid for regular players”

I’d actually say pack weight is higher this year than last. It certainly is for icons anyway as many people have packed icons on this forum and this forum only a very small percentage of the player base. I’ve packed over a million coins worth of players from advanced sbcs and live sbcs.

The one thing this year that has pissed me off as they have basically stuck fingers up at single players with these icon requirements. There are only 4 offline objectives. I’m assuming another 4 next month so max for offline players you can get is 8. Nobody worth getting for 8 so honestly 0 point in going for them. Even if it was 10 I’d of been happy getting nesta. With 8 tokens you get a choice of 3 players all of which wouldn’t even make my bench.

• Raider
    3716 posts National Call-Up
    Who Is Castro? Fidel Castro?
  • Vix14
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I don't really like his content, not my thing, but I still don't get why people get so mad about other people.

Is it cause he's more successful than you in the game, has the team you want, gets PAID to open packs, like, who cares

What content?
    Playing the game which everyone plays?
    Really don't understand the streaming industry. So you are watching the people play the games and those people are earning by that and you on the other hand are wasting time.
  • Azof
    16756 posts World Class
    Imagine being this rattled someone finished 30-0 :joy:
  • princeapalia
    1079 posts Professional
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Just shows how pathetically pay-to-win this game is. When a 20 million coin squad is scraping wins over 400k teams it's just depressing.

I've also never seen someone get so lucky in a run of WL. Didn't play any top players, won a ridiculous amount of games on penalty shootouts, and scored more rebound goals than I've ever seen.

If like half of his opponents had anything close to the team he had, he would've been utterly slapped. Probably a 18-12 finish instead of 30-0

What you're essentially saying here tho, is having better quality players, makes that minor difference that determines win or loss - just like real life.

In otherwise close-games, often that win comes down to just that extra bit of quality. As often exhibited by top clubs because of the top players they possess.

I'm against pay-to-win dynamics, but in this case would sound somewhat realistically balanced. Unless the guy has much worse skill than his opponents.

>”minor” difference

I guarantee you he would’ve lost a third (or more) of his games if everyone had the same standard team. It’s not a minor difference, it’s absolutely huge.

I doubt he would of lost a third of games. Maybe the team got him a few extra wins yes but your not going to go from 30-0 to 18-12 just because of your team regardless

I disagree, he won either 4 or 5 games from pens on Sunday, and that was just the games I saw. And he scraped through a lot more than that- the 90th min winner against a better player in the last game for instance.

If you look at people like Nick and Fuji and their records, they’re going like 20-3 with their super teams and something closer to 14-9 with the RTG teams
  • BadSeedsFC
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    💸👻⚡
  • Dronegan
    1117 posts Professional
    He is going 30-0 because some of fifa player have crap team. Give it till december when some player already have meta squad like lenglet, ramos, allan and he won't get win close to 20

You should play the game more or reach over 10 wins in Futchamps and you will see that anyone you face from that point has meta squads.
  • Olleman
    13166 posts Has That Special Something
    He really doesn't deserve all the hate he is getting.
  • Mmandras
    2321 posts Fans' Favourite
    Castro is very good player and maybe even great entertainer. He is way above yout average streamer and no wonder he had so much success. He is also a great guy, honest and funny.

I'm not that impressed this year by the way he plays, just watched one or two games, he seems to be struggling a lot and using less skill moves, but he is surely top player still.
  • Kasuyo
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well we all knew pay to win still existed in fifa, grinding isn't the way no more it's pay or lose
  • Lfc23
    1283 posts Professional
    If he wants to spend all that on fifa points it’s his choice guy deserve credit for 30 wins especially with how this game is at the moment
  • Unparalleled
    243 posts Sunday League Hero
    why are people so angry? It's his life. Let him enjoy it. Good on him.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5508 posts Big Money Move
    Of course you must be a good player to hit 30-0.
    But a 20 mil team 3 weeks after release?? Come on! It shouldn’t be even possibile....there should be a limit on how much money you can spend,
    What’s “competitive” when you play with an end game team in october against 200k teams??!!!

• BigEneh
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dawud wrote: »
    I'd hit 30-0 with that team in Xbox NA region

This 100%, there is a reason he chose to play on Xbox with 1/6 of the player base PS4 has... Just look at his stream and the quality of his opponents.
    On the other hand I think he is a good dude with a good stream, still well done to go 30-0.
  • Rich2015
    177 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 14
    The team he has... If I speak I’m in big trouble

Can almost guarentee give 90% of the forum his team and they still wouldn't hit 30-0, look at bateson this year he has a better team than castro and struggled massively

Fair play to castro tbh, he does alot of good things for the fifa community despite the bad press he gets

No he don't he has an audience of children and he sits there pushing gambling on stream normalizing it when he knows he has an audience of kids watching.Hes a EA shill all the stuff he does for charity is undone by supporting this loot box gambling in a game suitable for 3 and up

He could easily not open packs and steer kids away from it.He would still make money from people watching him play RTG
  • TopCat
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve had a 20 mil team last few FIFA and have been pretty much 1-1 WL ratio in all that time. Whenever I’d sell up for toty to maximise my money I would still win and lose exactly the same amount as previously using cheaper teams. Good players only take you so far, believe me I know!
  • Retro_G
    29657 posts Player of the Year
    Fair play to him, he must've played well to do a 30-0, regardless of the team. The amount of bitterness in here is laughable. :D
  • princeapalia
    1079 posts Professional
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Fair play to him, he must've played well to do a 30-0, regardless of the team. The amount of bitterness in here is laughable. :D

He played decent, but scraped some many wins on last minute goals and pens against 500k teams.

If some of his opponents had anywhere close to the team he had, he would’ve got slapped

• Zv1k0
    5951 posts Big Money Move
    Nothing but jealousy in this thread. :D
  • S-Dog
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    mojav wrote: »
    what a tool spending that much

Believe me he makes alot more back than he spends on FP, this is their jobs.
  • princeapalia
    1079 posts Professional
    edited October 14
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

What do you expect? He’s spent £20k on Fifa, playing against 500k teams, didn’t play any top players, won a ton of games to 90th minute min goals and penalty shootouts.

Of course I’m jealous of someone who has that sort of money and that sort of mad luck on WL
  • TheMightyBee
    2188 posts Fans' Favourite
    Retro_G wrote: »

He played decent, but scraped some many wins on last minute goals and pens against 500k teams.

If some of his opponents had anywhere close to the team he had, he would’ve got slapped

I doubt anyone wins 30 games without having to scrape a few wins or get lucky, this is FIFA.
  • Zv1k0
    5951 posts Big Money Move

What do you expect? He’s spent £20k on Fifa, playing against 500k teams, didn’t play any top players, won a ton of games to 90th minute min goals and penalty shootouts.

Of course I’m jealous of someone who has that sort of money and that sort of mad luck on WL

So basically, you are jealous of every single person that is more successful than you.
  • princeapalia
    1079 posts Professional
    So basically, you are jealous of every single person that is more successful than you.

Envy, not jealousy.

• DanAdams
    60 posts Park Captain
    Anyone hating on Castro is clearly bitter and jealous. He's done extremely well in life off the back of a video game
  • kayron16
    2405 posts Fans' Favourite

2nd this.

Half of you lot moaning think you can get 30-0 with a super team is laughable. The better you do the better opposition you come up against.

The players you use gives you a small advantage. It’s almost nothing in comparison to your actual skill at playing the game
  • princeapalia
    1079 posts Professional
    edited October 14
    kayron16 wrote: »

2nd this.

Half of you lot moaning think you can get 30-0 with a super team is laughable. The better you do the better opposition you come up against.

The players you use gives you a small advantage. It’s almost nothing in comparison to your actual skill at playing the game

Small advantage?!? I mean when 10 of your games come down to the absolute wire, even when you have a god team, do you not you not think his record would be so much worse if his opponents had these teams too?

Nick28t goes like 20-3 with his insane team and 13-7 ish with the cheap team
  • Summer69
    1359 posts Professional
    you could give me his godsquad and I wouldn't even be near elite. Yes it gives you an advantage but you still need the skills as well to back it up
  • Razovar
    1411 posts Fans' Favourite
    What formation does he use?