So long target men, nice knowing ya.

Gnomenclature
5449 posts Big Money Move
I miss my target men 😟😟

So many fantastic players just riding the bench, sent to the youth squad, or transferred off to sweden...

Zlatan, I miss you bud. RVN, good luck in South Africa. Weghorst, sorry no one will adore your informs this year. Poulsen, well, at least you have pace...

And finally, Drogba, I hope all is well in retirement because your aerial skills just aren't appreciated by EA...

Good luck guys, hope you find solice in knowing that I'm thinking about you and will always have your best interest in my heart... maybe Madden 20 will take you big guys.

Comments

• Gnomenclature
    RTG20 wrote: »
    Good, f them and the 19 meta of glitched out skill moves with glitched out lottery crosses :joy:

I'm so happy people can't literally just coin toss for an undefendable goal anymore, it's such a breath of fresh air, most disgusting implementation of a mechanic in the game.

😘
  • DangerZone
    979 posts Professional
    Good, f them and the 19 meta of glitched out skill moves with glitched out lottery crosses :joy:

I'm so happy people can't literally just coin toss for an undefendable goal anymore, it's such a breath of fresh air, most disgusting implementation of a mechanic in the game.

😘

Dont worry, Drogba still puts em with his head.. I had an opponent with a loan card of his! Tore me a new one! Headers, long shots! The drogba card was a beast
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

I've only played a handful of games and scored 2 headers so far. 6 foot striker. Think Maybe Carrasco got one, too.

• Gnomenclature
    I've only played a handful of games and scored 2 headers so far. 6 foot striker. Think Maybe Carrasco got one, too.

I mean, it's possible... It's just not satisfying like in 19 where a power header could tear apart the net.
  • Recently my Jordan Henderson has started banging in headers from corners lol. Long may it continue
  • ICE_UP_SON
    661 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I’ve played about 50 rivals matches. I’ve given up 0 headers and scored 0. Missed some wide open ones as well. Did allow 2 in a squad battle on legend.

They need to fix headers. Often I see players miss headers way off target the average fan would put on goal.
  • maksi
    6645 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    Crossing is part of football and counter for playing very narrow formation. It's called flanking in military strategies.

Killing crossing they maked packing players in the box with narrow formation the only meta in the game, there is no counter to it (at least realistic one).
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    maksi wrote: »
    Crossing is part of football and counter for playing very narrow formation. It's called flanking in military strategies.

Killing crossing they maked packing players in the box with narrow formation the only meta in the game, there is no counter to it (at least realistic one).

It still beats flip flop torando spinning weak foot off balanced glitched out skill move crosses to 6 foot + wingers to jump over FB's to head in that your keeper would DUCK UNDER FOR SOME F*****G REASON :joy:
  • Gnomenclature

It still beats flip flop torando spinning weak foot off balanced glitched out skill move crosses to 6 foot + wingers to jump over FB's to head in that your keeper would DUCK UNDER FOR SOME F*****G REASON :joy:

No one is asking for tornados or better crossing... Just some consistency with heading. What's the point of a heading accuracy stat if it doesn't actually have any affect on the game?

I'm not saying heading wasn't overpowered last year - it was - but, a striker with 90+ heading accuracy should be able to consistently put them on target...

My dinho from 19 was slamming in headers with 60 something accuracy... that's not right. But zlatan should definitely be getting them on frame.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

I mean, it's possible... It's just not satisfying like in 19 where a power header could tear apart the net.

I agree that was nice.

But headers were too much for a long while. Super ultra power headers were the norm. I prefer this way, but think it needs to lean a little to the old too...

75% new headers
    25% old headers

Imho
  • RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019

No one is asking for tornados or better crossing... Just some consistency with heading. What's the point of a heading accuracy stat if it doesn't actually have any affect on the game?

I'm not saying heading wasn't overpowered last year - it was - but, a striker with 90+ heading accuracy should be able to consistently put them on target...

My dinho from 19 was slamming in headers with 60 something accuracy... that's not right. But zlatan should definitely be getting them on frame.

Oh I agree with you 250%.

But EA clearly can't find a middle ground in the short term.

The heading stat does matter, but headers in general are at a worse state, having an 80% efficiency rate or a 20% efficiency rate at doing something that has a 5% success rate makes close to no difference.

What I'm saying is, between now or last year, I much prefer now, there's nothing more frustrating in this game than conceding a goal that you literally have no control over because of glitchy and broken mechanics.

I can track a through ball/run, I can defend skill moves/dribbling, I can't do anything about a fullback off screen up against a 6 foot+ player.
  • nicitel32
    2370 posts Fans' Favourite
    i think that headers are back..scored finaly a couple last night...with varane, ramos but with yedder aswell
  • Bobo23
    1986 posts Fans' Favourite
    L1 + R1 while heading is the key to scoring them. Normal headers are whack, using L1 + R1 changes them completely.
  • Gnomenclature
    nicitel32 wrote: »
    i think that headers are back..scored finaly a couple last night...with varane, ramos but with yedder aswell

In rivals or squad battles? I score plenty in squad battles... but in rivals they go wide.

Could be this manual shooting glitch too. ea says it's just cosmetic, but I had a game earlier where I had 16 shots with only 1 on target lol... these were all in the box shots, I don't ever bother with long shots this year.

In the pause menu shooting was set to manual and greyed out - couldn't adjust it.
  • Gnomenclature
    Bobo23 wrote: »
    L1 + R1 while heading is the key to scoring them. Normal headers are whack, using L1 + R1 changes them completely.

Everytime I do those it heads down and bounces over the goal lol.

Scored two headers (in one game) with potm josef earlier. Was very satisfying.
  • Bobo23
    edited October 2019

They work so much better than normal headers, I think L1 +R1 is downwards header and just R1 is power header. They are definitely needed when heading this year tho, as normal headers just go all floaty lol.

• Gnomenclature

They work so much better than normal headers, I think L1 +R1 is downwards header and just R1 is power header. They are definitely needed when heading this year tho, as normal headers just go all floaty lol.

There is a straight up power header? I looked in the menu for shooting and didn't see one for power header.... hmm, I'll give it try.

I'm on Xbox, is r1 on PlayStation the rb button on Xbox (top right bumper)?
  • Bobo23

There is a straight up power header? I looked in the menu for shooting and didn't see one for power header.... hmm, I'll give it try.

I'm on Xbox, is r1 on PlayStation the rb button on Xbox (top right bumper)?
    I believe so, I've been using the L1 + R1. But R1/RB should be the power header, let me know if it works man :smile:

• RTG20
    705 posts Semi-Pro

In rivals or squad battles? I score plenty in squad battles... but in rivals they go wide.

Could be this manual shooting glitch too. ea says it's just cosmetic, but I had a game earlier where I had 16 shots with only 1 on target lol... these were all in the box shots, I don't ever bother with long shots this year.

In the pause menu shooting was set to manual and greyed out - couldn't adjust it.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:joy::joy::joy:

Wait a minute

Someone told you the glitch was cosmetic?

The shooting being locked to manual was NOT cosmetic at all, unless they've patched it (I only got it once or twice around 3-4 weeks ago)

It 100% was manual shooting, I've played on both and I'd bet my house that it wasn't cosmetic
  • Gnomenclature

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:joy::joy::joy:

Wait a minute

Someone told you the glitch was cosmetic?

The shooting being locked to manual was NOT cosmetic at all, unless they've patched it (I only got it once or twice around 3-4 weeks ago)

It 100% was manual shooting, I've played on both and I'd bet my house that it wasn't cosmetic

I agree, it was not cosmetic. It actually happens a lot for me.... manual shooting is apparently very difficult lol. It wouldn't be so bad if it was glitches on both sides...

In fact, most of the assisted options were set to manual - not just shooting.
  • Safehands84
    4038 posts National Call-Up
    Heading not just broken for strikers, just in general play from goal kicks , high passes etc they just dont work. I've give up and goal kicks I treat them like a restart in Rugby union, get it as far intonopponwnts half as possible.

Simple passing headers unchallenged still go out of play and 20 yards away from the direction pointed.

It needs patching asap as it's a mess.
  • nicitel32
    2370 posts Fans' Favourite
    in WL
  • Crespo86
    654 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Drogba wins headers and scores them he’s unreal at everything this year
  • Safehands84
    4038 posts National Call-Up
    Crespo86 wrote: »

Stop it, I want Rio and your putting doubt in my mind :D
  • Covkilla91mob
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think there still ok for shooting it's just differed from previous with the sticks and try driven heading .

It's stupid in defence and when there is a easy pass with 0 pressure to head the ball it goes rng.

I like football to work and I'm happy the crossing from 19 is dead as that was worse year as it worked better than a tap in .

FIFA has tbh over complicated there game and imo .I liked fifa when it was just everything worked and nothing was to OP just playing football was meta
  • Crespo86

Stop it, I want Rio and your putting doubt in my mind :D

Forget Rio bro get drogbaaaaaa you’ll thank me later
  • Crespo86
    His long range shooting is insane he has this knack of scoring goals of the post and bar and it’s a satisfying feeling pure power shots
  • DonovanFan
    700 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yeah I’m sure you love it so your drop back ptb depth 1 can’t be broken u clown
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite

Drogba the face of this years fifa, card will be jampacked with hidden stats, just like Ronaldo last season