The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• Handy Andy
    5793 posts Big Money Move
    Handy Andy wrote: »
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Two strikers and two wingers. Can I get a hallelujah.

go easy on us

In all honesty despite the decent points return we really haven’t played brilliantly all season. Think it’ll be fairly tight tbh. Did you come down?

Nope :( I went to the game last season when we drew, hoping for the same today as Gomes is under pressure from some of our fans and could do with a result

@BristolMDF why did you do this, Gomes sacked :'(
  • Handy Andy wrote: »
    Two strikers and two wingers. Can I get a hallelujah.

go easy on us

In all honesty despite the decent points return we really haven’t played brilliantly all season. Think it’ll be fairly tight tbh. Did you come down?

Nope :( I went to the game last season when we drew, hoping for the same today as Gomes is under pressure from some of our fans and could do with a result

@BristolMDF why did you do this, Gomes sacked :'(

We seem to do this to a lot of teams. It's like being beaten by us is the ultimate insult.

To be fair to him, harsh on the face of Sat. Result could have easily gone your way.
  • wheelerdeeler
    6252 posts Big Money Move
    Mitrovic's record for Serbia is genuinely stupid. Scored 19 in 21 for them (29 total).
  • They Caged Non
    4888 posts Big Money Move
    Mitrovic's record for Serbia is genuinely stupid. Scored 19 in 21 for them (29 total).

To be fair you seen the players he has around him in that team, outrageous

• wheelerdeeler
    edited October 10

Serbia are one of those "look good on paper" teams to be fair. And they seemingly can't fit Milinkovic-Savic into the team without completely unbalancing it. Think their FA is quite corrupt as well so they end up with nothing managers like Krstajic who pick players so their sale value increases and that in turn means they'll never reach their supposed potential based on the players they have.

They'll need to go through the Nations League Play-Offs to even try and qualify for the Euros.
  • They Caged Non

Serbia are one of those "look good on paper" teams to be fair. And they seemingly can't fit Milinkovic-Savic into the team without completely unbalancing it. Think their FA is quite corrupt as well so they end up with nothing managers like Krstajic who pick players so their sale value increases and that in turn means they'll never reach their supposed potential based on the players they have.

They'll need to go through the Nations League Play-Offs to even try and qualify for the Euros.

I’d take half of them in the England team.

• wheelerdeeler
    edited October 10

Meh. Only Serbian I could see starting for us would be Milinkovic-Savic, especially as we don't really have his type of Centre-Mid. Maybe Loftus-Cheek. I'd take Jovic as well, but he's not starting ahead of Kane in games that matter. That's about it.
  • They Caged Non

Meh. Only Serbian I could see starting for us would be Milinkovic-Savic, especially as we don't really have his type of Centre-Mid. Maybe Loftus-Cheek. I'd take Jovic as well, but he's not starting ahead of Kane in games that matter. That's about it.

That winger Kostic is decent, and id take their CBs over the 3 jokes that we seem to use.
  • AaronMFC
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    Surely tadic would get in the england team as well hes been incredible since he went to ajax and was always underrated when he was at southampton.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Surely tadic would get in the england team as well hes been incredible since he went to ajax and was always underrated when he was at southampton.

Oh yeah completely forgot about him.
  • Hicksy2011
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    They have almost exclusively players who are better as big fish in a small pond than small fish in a big pond
    Stick them in a Chelsea and England shirt they will do no better than our lot
  • wheelerdeeler
    Thinking about it I'd take Milenkovic as well, but Kostic isn't a good enough winger to challenge Sterling and Sancho. Probably Rashford as well, even though Rashford is terrible at the moment. If we were still playing a 3 he'd be ideal for the LWB though.

Tadic has the same problem Maddison does, in that he's a proper #10 and we don't really play with one.
  • They Caged Non
    When are those 125k packs first available? for TOTY or before?
  • wheelerdeeler
    Depends on what Promos they bring out/how money hungry they are. Usually it's a Black Friday lightning round though.
  • They Caged Non
    Ah ok.. what about the 100k ones with 24? if im gonna spend on a pack id rather do like 1/2 of those than wax those pointless gold ones.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Black Friday as well I'm 99% certain. As I say, unless they get money hungry and decide they want to bring out a "big" promo before it.
  • They Caged Non
    Yeah fair enough, im gonna stick to casual trading for the time being then.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 11
    Yeah, obviously anyone can do what they like with their money- but there's been no real need to put money into the game basically since FUT Champs came out (so FIFA 17?). I realised that last year, and I haven't put any in this year.

Plus it'll make it easier to quit the game when you want to. Sunk cost fallacy and all that.
  • They Caged Non
    Yeah, obviously anyone can do what they like with their money- but there's been no real need to put money into the game basically since FUT Champs came out (so FIFA 17?). I realised that last year, and I haven't put any in this year.

Plus it'll make it easier to quit the game when you want to. Sunk cost fallacy and all that.

Yeah fair points, I don’t play enough to gain too much from the game itself (maybe 10 games a week). I stuck 30 quid in when the game came out and I’m not desperate to do any more atm.

• wheelerdeeler
    To be fair you just need some alright luck out of the SBC packs and you could be set. My Brother's played genuinely about 25 games total so far this year, but he's already got a team with Frenkie de Jong and Ousmane Dembele because he got De Jong Untradeable from Division 6 or 7 rewards and packed Lucas Moura out of the Mega Pack SBC that came out yesterday.
  • They Caged Non
    Yeah my pulls from there are decentish, although I’ve had Bas Dost about 4 times.

OTW Brandt, OTW T Hazard, Davidson Sanchez and Martial are probably the best I got.
  • They Caged Non
    To be fair you just need some alright luck out of the SBC packs and you could be set. My Brother's played genuinely about 25 games total so far this year, but he's already got a team with Frenkie de Jong and Ousmane Dembele because he got De Jong Untradeable from Division 6 or 7 rewards and packed Lucas Moura out of the Mega Pack SBC that came out yesterday.

I’ve just done it and got the massive profit maker that is Mario Gotze, I should really post that pic of him with a stiff on shouldn’t I.

• How is Michael Keane anywhere near this England team when Adam Webster is uncapped?
  • They Caged Non
    How is Michael Keane anywhere near this England team when Adam Webster is uncapped?

Just think if Ben Gibson hadn’t sat on Burnley’s bench for 2 years he might have been in with a shout.

• wheelerdeeler
    edited October 11
    Southgate's argument would probably be that he's been consistently starting this season, and Joe Gomez has only had 1 start I think. Unless he wanted to chuck Tomori or Mings in for their first cap, but that's not really been his style so far considering he usually beds players in slowly.
  • They Caged Non
    That Dunk is decent enough isn’t he?
  • Apollo
    16257 posts World Class
    That Dunk is decent enough isn’t he?

Plenty of choices I'd rather Southgate pick than Keane. Hopefully it won't be long until Gomez or Tomori take his place. Mings and Dunk I'd rather play than Keane too, Southgate has plenty of viable alternatives to choose from.
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 11
    I'm hoping Tomori kicks on over the next month and then he starts against Kosovo or Montenegro in November. Doubt he does on Monday. Think he's perfectly suited for international football because he's good on the ball, fast and strong in blunt terms. There's a 99% chance he plays more than Joe Gomez over the next month as well.

Dunk probably has the same thing that Conor Coady has in that he's playing in a 3 at the moment (although I think Brighton switched back to a four when they beat Spurs).
  • They Caged Non
    I'm hoping Tomori kicks on over the next month and then he starts against Kosovo or Montenegro in November. Doubt he does on Monday. Think he's perfectly suited for international football because he's good on the ball, fast and strong in blunt terms. There's a 99% chance he plays more than Joe Gomez over the next month as well.

Dunk probably has the same thing that Conor Coady has in that he's playing in a 3 at the moment (although I think Brighton switched back to a four when they beat Spurs).

Honestly I’m more concerned that you know who England are playing in November, like does anyone take that much notice these days :D