POTM AUBAMEYANG!

Comments

• Alex_cr
    5811 posts Big Money Move
    MEARLEY87 wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    This won’t be out till Pukki one ends.

Don't dare say that in here, the kids will vilify you!

So we have the evidence now. You guys still convinced it’s not coming today?

Sorry I haven't seen any evidence? You have a video that says available now, which it clearly isn't.

There’s clearly a photo on here with easportsfifa twitter handle saying will drop later today 😂

You’re mugging yourself off a bit now!
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    This won’t be out till Pukki one ends.

Don't dare say that in here, the kids will vilify you!

So we have the evidence now. You guys still convinced it’s not coming today?

Sorry I haven't seen any evidence? You have a video that says available now, which it clearly isn't.

EA tweeted it will be later today so would guess it's coming. They also said they were looking into server issues 2 years ago and they tweeted just yesterday that they were still looking into it so i understand your scepticism.

Saying that, it's landing today. Take the L and move on petal
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    Looking at his stats upgrades actually I think he’s actually going to be cheaper than people think. He really isn’t very appealing at all with them upgrades. Pretty pointless tbh. I wish they’d of made him have a decent upgrade like 2/3 on top of each stat and just made the sbc more expensive. He only has 32 more in game stats total. That’s shocking. Unless he’s under 400k and good packs I won’t be bothering. And that’s after saying for the past week I’ll be doing it no matter what ha
  • sheffutd87
    3441 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Ea won’t look at the upgrade and think let’s make him cheap.

They look at the shiney shiney colours and think let’s make him expensive

And to be fair it works because loads will do it, even if it’s sinking a tradeable auba into it
  • CeeQue
    12754 posts Has That Special Something
    Some Debit Card FC folks looking at this like full?d=1548707408
  • Staxdoobie
    1902 posts Play-Off Hero
    sheffutd87 wrote: »

And to be fair it works because loads will do it, even if it’s sinking a tradeable auba into it

If you were offered a tradeable NIF Auba or an untradeable POTM, which would you take? I'd take the NIF every time. This should be cheaper than his NIF, but it absolutely won't be.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional

Can’t see it tbh. If they make the sbc say 450k or something who’s actually going to do it? I think the packs they offer going to play a massive part in it tbh. If it’s 400k and 1 of packs is a 100k pack that would hook a few people. I was happy using auba for 350k and think he worth that currently but sold
    Him for just under 400k because there not a chance that price is staying that high.
  • sheffutd87
    Staxdoobie wrote: »

If you were offered a tradeable NIF Auba or an untradeable POTM, which would you take? I'd take the NIF every time. This should be cheaper than his NIF, but it absolutely won't be.

Well I don’t use PL teams so neither but tradeable every time

But the community are suckers for fancy cards
  • Ballist1x
    3826 posts National Call-Up
    First owner objectives card
  • High420
    1071 posts Professional
    Also just a point that about people who already own NIF Aubameyang-

The POTM card is potentially very attractive as a 1st owner card for the Icon swaps objective, so more people might do the SBC to have an 89 rated striker- won't know until 6pm, but I reckon more people are gonna do this sbc than some of you guys think.
  • Grezzerk
    1173 posts Professional
    High420 wrote: »
    Also just a point that about people who already own NIF Aubameyang-

The POTM card is potentially very attractive as a 1st owner card for the Icon swaps objective, so more people might do the SBC to have an 89 rated striker- won't know until 6pm, but I reckon more people are gonna do this sbc than some of you guys think.

Good point actually about the first owners objectives. Didn’t even think about that.
  • sheffutd87
    Forum only represents a tiny percentage of the player base too - usually the tiny percentage that care the most and play it the most seriously.

We know that it doesn’t make financial sense to complete an expensive sbc this early for such a tiny upgrade. The more casual players who don’t bother trading / researching the market / looking at the in-depth stats just see a fancy coloured special Auba and and a few packs and want it. These are the same guys who were paying 10 k for Juve players for a tiny pack almost guaranteed to lose them coins.

Rivals will be full of him and flash back Walcott within a couple weeks
  • Hrh1995
    1314 posts Professional
    Forum only represents a tiny percentage of the player base too - usually the tiny percentage that care the most and play it the most seriously.

We know that it doesn’t make financial sense to complete an expensive sbc this early for such a tiny upgrade. The more casual players who don’t bother trading / researching the market / looking at the in-depth stats just see a fancy coloured special Auba and and a few packs and want it. These are the same guys who were paying 10 k for Juve players for a tiny pack almost guaranteed to lose them coins.

true this
  • Staxdoobie
    1902 posts Play-Off Hero

But how do the more casual players have the cards/coins to do these SBCs at this stage if they don't bother trading etc? I was nowhere near being able to do Walcott, so this one is going to be completely out of the question. In each game cycle, it's not normally until about February/March that I can start joining in with most of the SBC content!
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro

Agreed, but how many casuals have the coins at this point in the game have the coins for an SBC that is going to be 400k at best, probably a lot more?
  • sheffutd87

But how do the more casual players have the cards/coins to do these SBCs at this stage if they don't bother trading etc? I was nowhere near being able to do Walcott, so this one is going to be completely out of the question. In each game cycle, it's not normally until about February/March that I can start joining in with most of the SBC content!

FP - they make over a billion a year out of fifa and FP.

Plus rivals / squad battles and WL
  • suxxio
    707 posts Semi-Pro
    was hoping for 4 pm but noooo
  • High420
    1071 posts Professional

Good question and was wondering the same myself.

Only my 2nd year on FUT, last year I spent about £500 total on FP across the year- packed NIF Ronaldo from the RTTF Alonso sbc early on and so I didn't have to worry about coins for the rest of the year.

This year I'm running a Chelsea XI RTG- mainly to stop myself from spending fifa points (I did get the ultimate edition for the weekly packs though).

I'm very much still learning about trading etc- but have around 350-600K (depending on how my investments pay out).

I'll try and find the list from another one of my posts,but 80% of my coins has come from completing the advanced sbc's.

I have no idea how people could afford these SBC's early on without buying FP- but then there are bound to be people packing icons/vvd/son etc for early easy coin as well.

Having said all that , you would have thought that lucky pulls were the exception, not the norm and certainly not enough to affect the market- which it obviously does when demand rises for cards needed for these early (and arguably overpriced) SBC's.

• exoww
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    What players would y’all recommend to invest in for this SBC. I got a couple of 82/83s from the teams I believe will be involved. Starting to think they are way too low ratings for this POTM Tho..but the cards I bought are selling quick right now sooo idk. What you guys think?
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    exoww wrote: »
    What players would y’all recommend to invest in for this SBC. I got a couple of 82/83s from Arsenal, Dortmund. Starting to think they are way too low ratings for this POTM Auba..but the cards I bought are selling quick right now sooo idk. What you guys think?

wayy too late, always sell in the hype.
    now its just a guessing game
  • exoww
    437 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shezzzzzzz wrote: »
    What players would y’all recommend to invest in for this SBC. I got a couple of 82/83s from Arsenal, Dortmund. Starting to think they are way too low ratings for this POTM Auba..but the cards I bought are selling quick right now sooo idk. What you guys think?

True. My question is tho, regardless of the teams, do you think 82/83s will be involved ? Or not at all
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Bought 150 Torreiras Monday for around 1k each. Sold today for 2100-2400. I'll take that :)

Now reinvested all in 6 otw Lozanos. Better score some goals tonight 😂
  • sheffutd87

True. My question is tho, regardless of the teams, do you think 82/83s will be involved ? Or not at all

Possibly. If he needs say 85/86 rated squad with some informs then the 83/84 may rise a little with people filling out the gaps between their high rated cards
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional

Possibly. If he needs say 85/86 rated squad with some informs then the 83/84 may rise a little with people filling out the gaps between their high rated cards

I honestly think Lazy EA will just make his NIF needed. They did it last year and it didnt even go up that much.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    These upgrades are terrible.
  • MakingmeMad
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In a way I hope it’ll be expensive, don’t feel like facing Auba in every other team I play.
  • suxxio
    707 posts Semi-Pro
    thought they drop aubameyang before they drop swap icons but it doesnt look that way
  • VIP67
    62 posts Park Captain
    what time do they put the potm SBC in the game? 19;00 cet?