Weekend league delay delay delay

Gingerbread
238 posts Sunday League Hero
Playing from Ireland and beyond a joke now. Players unable to shoot in front of goal, my backline all over the place due to delay (it's fine in rivals) slow passes and slow runs off the ball. EA I want my money back this game not up to online standards I expect.

Comments

• Karim-Denz
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah today is mega delay.
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    edited October 11
    How can it be fine in rivals? Both rivals and WL are on the same servers.

Draft is the only P2P game mode.
  • Gingerbread
    Dronegan wrote: »
    How can it be fine i rivals? Both rivals and WL are on the same servers.

I experience less delay in rivals though it still bad a lot, guess because I play there most often. I played two games in weekend league both games are delayed.

Was in front of the goal and the player refused to shot. Slow passes, slow runs, you can tell when the connection horrible. It should not be happening when I have a fibre connection and ping of 5 and 15 upload.
  • Gingerbread
    Since I have 70-5 record on PES 2020, I know its not my connection the issue. The delay killing any chance I have winning games on the Weekend League.
  • Retro_G
    29810 posts National Team Captain

Draft is on dedicated servers, has been since Fifa 19.
  • Hippyboy6
    16900 posts World Class
    Since I have 70-5 record on PES 2020, I know its not my connection the issue. The delay killing any chance I have winning games on the Weekend League.

Not had any issues with PES, bit slower finding games but they've all run smoothly
  • Wi1son73
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    How can it be fine i rivals? Both rivals and WL are on the same servers.

I experience less delay in rivals though it still bad a lot, guess because I play there most often. I played two games in weekend league both games are delayed.

Was in front of the goal and the player refused to shot. Slow passes, slow runs, you can tell when the connection horrible. It should not be happening when I have a fibre connection and ping of 5 and 15 upload.

Is that ping to the German server? When I do my Xbox speed test, I get 29 ping.
    When I test it to Frankfurt it’s 300ping
  • Safk001
    856 posts Semi-Pro
    It’s not delay, I would be happy to have the delay of FIFA 19 this is something completely different and ten times as bad. It’s simply not registering buttons, if it was just skill moves I could handle it but it’s not, it’s shooting, passing and arguably most frustrating, player switching both button and analog, it’s just not registering when I press buttons.

It’s two weeks in and I’m already looking at other games to play, this is not fun this is extremely irritating Watching a player run through your ai defenders because the game won’t allow you to select them is the worst.
  • Dronegan
    1123 posts Professional
    Currenly 3-1 . Didint have a single loss in my first 5 games since like fifa18.
    Delay has never been worse. My was sitting with 9 players in his own box and i could literally not do anything.

Invested in Insigne this WL, people saying hes poor-mans messi but he cant even turn with him. Moves like a truck.

Guess no playing today. Thanks EA. Annother year you rob your customers. You all deserve to be out of business you are THIEFS
  • Springveldt
    4701 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »

Draft is on dedicated servers, has been since Fifa 19.
    Why does the disconnect cheat at the start of the game still work on PC then? I could have sworn draft was still P2P last year on PC.
    I'd guess they spin up more servers for the weekend league, that's why you have to redeem a token so they have an idea of the number of players playing over the weekend.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they route WL traffic differently from Rivals traffic once inside the data centre.

• ScorePlayer
    218 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    2 games 2 wins(lucky to get any sort of attacking play going in those lag fests) but game unplayable due to delay delay delay. Tested with wired & wireless, makes 0 difference.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wierd.

Weekend League seems to be smoother than rivals for me.

Anyone else?
  • BorussenBernie09
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    @EA_Andy can yo please forward the delay issue to the Dev Team? It's about time, that they're doing something to reduce delay in WL asap. Thx.
  • Topperz14
    72 posts Park Captain
    Playing from Ireland and beyond a joke now. Players unable to shoot in front of goal, my backline all over the place due to delay (it's fine in rivals) slow passes and slow runs off the ball. EA I want my money back this game not up to online standards I expect.
    Exact same
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5776 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah. I’ve played 8 games in the US. Only two were even remotely playable. EA needs to be sued. This game is unplayable. I never had delay last year. Now they have even less servers. This product is completely unfit to be sold for money.
  • jackm57
    2427 posts Fans' Favourite
    @EA_Andy can yo please forward the delay issue to the Dev Team? It's about time, that they're doing something to reduce delay in WL asap. Thx.

@EA_Andy
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5776 posts Big Money Move

PES has the option of selecting connection quality to your opponents. I also believe it’s p2p. They don’t try to throttle or speed up gameplay to equal out the connections.
  • Shezzzzzzz
    1320 posts Professional
    jackm57 wrote: »

@EA_Andy

lol. @EA_Andy has never in the history of Fifa sorted a delay problem. its way above his pay grade
  • Recoba
    4026 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 11
    More people qualifided this week, servers can't handle it.
  • NornIron
    11836 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 11
    I think im playing in a swamp seriously the ball doesn't even hardly move when passed around the ground. The players are stuck until I actually get control of them.
    Maybe the London stadium is waterlogged i'll try a different one after this match :D
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1914 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 11
    i have played 4 games in the wl so far , all of them were completely unplayable for me and also for my opponents,players couldnt turn , couldnt pass ...
  • Playing from Ireland and beyond a joke now. Players unable to shoot in front of goal, my backline all over the place due to delay (it's fine in rivals) slow passes and slow runs off the ball. EA I want my money back this game not up to online standards I expect.

Yeah, playing from Ireland as-well, I'm just curious if you're watching the connection bar before playing. I always go for 5 bars. 4 is not good enough, as it leads to shots not registering, skill moves not registering, slow player switching etc... But when I have 5 bars, there are no issues.