POTM AUBAMEYANG!

Comments

• Ludinator19
    385 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stejens wrote: »
    If I remember last year, someone bought about 30 Auba's in case you needed his none inform (which is did) but still lost many coins because the SBC just wasn't worth it for a +1 upgrade so his price actually went down a bit.

That person made millions last year.
  • High420
    306 posts Sunday League Hero
    High420 wrote: »
    @Chewbaccary should be pretty popular right? I did POTM Auba last year and saw his card loads, + there haven't been too many decent SBC's so far. Good point abt Chielleni and Busquets, but that was the risk I took with hoping it would be KDB unfortunately..

I think it will depend on the requirements. It's a good card, but not a significant upgrade over the NIF. Even last year's POTM Auba wasn't a huge boost, and this one looks to be a much thinner boost.

Honestly, I don't think the actual value of this card is more than 200-250k, although I expect it to cost more like 500k. There's just not enough of a boost there to warrant melting so much wealth into an untradeable asset.

People will still do it, but it won't be SUPER popular unless the price is somewhat reasonable. Every now and then they do us a solid like FB Ibra in FUT19 and 2POTM Son in FUT17, so we'll see...

yea hoping they don't price everyone out of the card-

last year there was POTM LUCAs & Hazard for the 1st two months iirc and people still seemed to have the coins to do them.

I still think pace **** won't be able to resist, no matter how incremental the upgrade . (at least thats what im hoping).

Listed a Sokratis i packed yesterday on openbid, if that goes for a decent price, will be a good indicator I think.
  • PegLeg
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sold a few Ozil's for max bin just now, picked them up for 3500 ish so that was nice
  • AJS-17
    1083 posts Professional
    @Chewbaccary should be pretty popular right? I did POTM Auba last year and saw his card loads, + there haven't been too many decent SBC's so far. Good point abt Chielleni and Busquets, but that was the risk I took with hoping it would be KDB unfortunately..

I think it will depend on the requirements. It's a good card, but not a significant upgrade over the NIF. Even last year's POTM Auba wasn't a huge boost, and this one looks to be a much thinner boost.

Honestly, I don't think the actual value of this card is more than 200-250k, although I expect it to cost more like 500k. There's just not enough of a boost there to warrant melting so much wealth into an untradeable asset.

People will still do it, but it won't be SUPER popular unless the price is somewhat reasonable. Every now and then they do us a solid like FB Ibra in FUT19 and 2POTM Son in FUT17, so we'll see...

You need to remember a LOT of people have high rated untradables, I've got about 20/25 players 86+ untradable i'm dying to get rid of haha Handanovic, Oblak, Courtois, Bonucci, Chiellini, Thiago, Veratti etc etc
  • EisenErmin
    6286 posts Big Money Move
    AJS-17 wrote: »

You need to remember a LOT of people have high rated untradables, I've got about 20/25 players 86+ untradable i'm dying to get rid of haha Handanovic, Oblak, Courtois, Bonucci, Chiellini, Thiago, Veratti etc etc

I have exactly ZERO untradeables rated 85 or higher, ZERO !!! I did not use any in a SBC, i did lots of SBC for packs and still have not packed a single 85 or higher this year. Having 20+ untradeables 86 or higher makes you the person with the best pack luck this year suerely.
  • kayron16
    2405 posts Fans' Favourite
    When does the SBC get released, anyone know?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9669 posts League Winner
    edited October 11
    I imagine this SBC won’t be released until next week considering POTM Pukki is still active...

Have there ever been two POTM SBCs running at the same time?
  • Stejens
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    kayron16 wrote: »

Surely they would wait until Pukki is finished?
  • EisenErmin
    6286 posts Big Money Move
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    I imagine this SBC won’t be released until next week considering POTM Pukki is still active...

I think there have never been two POTM SBC at the same time, but EA makes what they want anyway.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3427 posts National Call-Up
    They overlapped potm sbcs last year
  • Spellmastero123
    217 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Two words:
    Last year...
  • Ronaldo
    3793 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I think there have never been two POTM SBC at the same time, but EA makes what they want anyway.

There have been.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9669 posts League Winner

Ahh, I don’t recall that for some reason.

Can you remember which two players it was?
  • Seandimes
    2301 posts Fans' Favourite

end of the video it says "available now", so probably some time today
  • Frog_of_Wisdom
    277 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty sure Hazard overlapped with Lucas last year, I also feel that they wouldn’t have announced it if it wasn’t coming out today but hey it’s EA who knows 😂
  • Alex_cr
    5219 posts Big Money Move

Ahh, I don’t recall that for some reason.

Can you remember which two players it was?

Think it was the 1st 2 so would be the same this year. There’s no way this doesn’t get released today.
  • High420
    I loved his card last year tbh- Running a Chelsea XI RTG and still tempted to do him as a throwback to last year :D

• AJS-17
    1083 posts Professional

I have exactly ZERO untradeables rated 85 or higher, ZERO !!! I did not use any in a SBC, i did lots of SBC for packs and still have not packed a single 85 or higher this year. Having 20+ untradeables 86 or higher makes you the person with the best pack luck this year suerely.

Ive done 500+ upgrade packs I don't think I have the best pack luck at all haha
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something

Their announcement tweet says available now so I expected it to already be released.
  • Invincibility
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    SC1967 wrote: »

Their announcement tweet says available now so I expected it to already be released.

False advertisement!
  • Seandimes
    From the stats the upgrade is really not worth it, unless the sbc is cheaper than regular aubameyang. I dont get why EA is constantly working against the community, giving Auba mostly irrelevant boosts, but dont boost exactly the 2 stats that needed it
  • High420

sounds like you've just been brutally unlucky with pack luck.

I got loads of good cards from doing the advanced SBC's- even if they weren't 85+ they were high value (wijnaldum, jesus etc)- and pretty convinced that packs are weighted by Card value and not card rating (no proof of this, just what I think).

• Alex_cr
    Seandimes wrote: »
    From the stats the upgrade is really not worth it, unless the sbc is cheaper than regular aubameyang. I dont get why EA is constantly working against the community, giving Auba mostly irrelevant boosts, but dont boost exactly the 2 stats that needed it

I’m thinking they’ll do smaller upgrades to keep prices down. All about beating them traders for EA.
  • Seandimes
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I’m thinking they’ll do smaller upgrades to keep prices down. All about beating them traders for EA.

Smaller upgrades are fine, but why boost basically everything except balance and agility? makes no sense to me
  • AJS-17
    1083 posts Professional

sounds like you've just been brutally unlucky with pack luck.

I got loads of good cards from doing the advanced SBC's- even if they weren't 85+ they were high value (wijnaldum, jesus etc)- and pretty convinced that packs are weighted by Card value and not card rating (no proof of this, just what I think).

10000% true!!! Never packed rashford or martial, ferland mendy i've packed once, eder militao etc yet i've packed morata, ruffier other 84s loads, defo on card value rather than rating
  • Alex_cr
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Smaller upgrades are fine, but why boost basically everything except balance and agility? makes no sense to me

That I’m afraid I have no answer for!
  • BlackFridayRule
    678 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Wait what? He gets a +1 overall?..😂
  • Invincibility
    4049 posts National Call-Up
    Wait what? He gets a +1 overall?..😂

They didn't even touch his Balance.. Panic buy back your SON ASAP :D
  • Wisey
    201 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What time will POTM SBC drop?