The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• tilen11
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    SDoofus wrote: »
    In Trents last 40 premier league games he was 35/4/1 in terms of W/D/L. That gives him 109 points out of 120. If he was ‘awful’ defensively and gets targeted like some claim you’d think he’d have been caught out more often (the games he dropped point in being away vs Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and lost at City). He’s not as bad as people make out.

No he wasn't though, that's as a team. Last season he lost more duels than he won. Won 91 and lost 96. He lost a lot more aerial battles than he won, 23 lost to 9 won. Successful 50/50's stuck at 14.

If we use Walker, the league winning full back last season as a comparison.

Kyle Walker won 117 duels and lost 82, he had 18 successful 50/50's and won 45 aerial duels whilst only losing 25.

Its worth noting theres only a 3cm height difference between the pair.

Trent isn't horrific defensively, he's just distinctly average.

Pathetic cherry picking, mate. He may have not done so well in the duels, but Walker does have a massive physical edge over TAA. You've left out some other key defensive stats, such as...

Tackles:
    TAA: 61
    Walker: 40

Tackles won:
    TAA: 39
    Walker: 29

Clearances:
    TAA: 62
    Walker: 50

Blocks
    TAA: 3
    Walker: 5

Interceptions
    TAA: 35
    Walker: 36

Headed clearances
    TAA: 22
    Walker 25

He doesn't actually compare that badly to the PL winning RB now, does he? And that's having played 311 minutes less than Walker and possessing the bonus of being about 10 times better than Walker going forward.

So he's worse than Walker defensively, who I don't really rate as a right back and was pretty average last season. Worse tackle % and only wins in clearances :joy:

Thank you for backing up my point.

Thank god only you dont rate him and the point you were trying to make is relevant only to you also.
  • Apollo
    17909 posts World Class
    Oh, and let me add this, as it seems to get forgotten these days...

He's TWENTY ONE years old, and has only been twenty one for 5 days!

He's still a baby in the footballing world, yet he is up there, in the conversation with the best RBs in the world.

I'm not using this example to compare ability, just age- ironically it's the person who judges Rashford like he is a 27 year old striker in his prime that is doing the same with Trent's ability as a RB :D
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner
    tilen11 wrote: »
    In Trents last 40 premier league games he was 35/4/1 in terms of W/D/L. That gives him 109 points out of 120. If he was ‘awful’ defensively and gets targeted like some claim you’d think he’d have been caught out more often (the games he dropped point in being away vs Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and lost at City). He’s not as bad as people make out.

No he wasn't though, that's as a team. Last season he lost more duels than he won. Won 91 and lost 96. He lost a lot more aerial battles than he won, 23 lost to 9 won. Successful 50/50's stuck at 14.

Kyle Walker won 117 duels and lost 82, he had 18 successful 50/50's and won 45 aerial duels whilst only losing 25.

Pathetic cherry picking, mate. He may have not done so well in the duels, but Walker does have a massive physical edge over TAA. You've left out some other key defensive stats, such as...

Tackles:

Tackles won:

Clearances:

Blocks

Interceptions

Headed clearances
    Walker 25

He doesn't actually compare that badly to the PL winning RB now, does he? And that's having played 311 minutes less than Walker and possessing the bonus of being about 10 times better than Walker going forward.

So he's worse than Walker defensively, who I don't really rate as a right back and was pretty average last season. Worse tackle % and only wins in clearances :joy:

Thank god only you dont rate him and the point you were trying to make is relevant only to you also.

I rate Trent as one of the best right backs in the world going forward, top 2 in fact with Kimmich at the top. But defensively he's down there with Joel Ward.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move

Tackles:

Tackles won:

Clearances:

Blocks

Interceptions

Headed clearances
    Walker 25

I rate Trent as one of the best right backs in the world going forward, top 2 in fact with Kimmich at the top. But defensively he's down there with Joel Ward.

7LLjn4G.jpg

Thanks for backing up my point.
  • Kellnerr
    3105 posts National Call-Up
    Kimmich being good defensively is a myth btw
  • SDoofus
    The point is, Kimmich is probably widely renowned as the best RB in the world, currently, am I wrong?

The fact TAA is almost identically as good as Kimmich going forward, and slightly better than Kimmich defensively, tells me we have an absolute monster.

For all this talk about TAA being a defensive liability, every single one of them would take TAA over their current RB.
  • tilen11
    5759 posts Big Money Move
    Kellnerr wrote: »
    Kimmich being good defensively is a myth btw

He wasnt that good last season tbh.
  • arsenalap
    7061 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    Matip won PL POTM.

Was looking for this.

Auba won it mate ;)
  • TakeItSlow
    8614 posts League Winner

Tackles:

Tackles won:

Clearances:

Blocks

Interceptions

Headed clearances
    Walker 25

7LLjn4G.jpg

All you've shown me there is that a poor defensive right back is just as poor as another poor defensive right back.
  • SDoofus

Tackles:

Tackles won:

Clearances:

Blocks

Interceptions

Headed clearances
    Walker 25

7LLjn4G.jpg

All you've shown me there is that a poor defensive right back is just as poor as another poor defensive right back.

It's really weird how you split defending and attacking into two. Seems like a desperate way to downplay TAA, tbh. Why not judge a RB as whole?

Like I've said, TAA is in the conversation when it comes to talking about the best RBs in the world currently, and that's with being only 21.

Not too worried, tbh. We've got a world class star on our hands, and every other PL team would take TAA over their current RB, if they could.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    arsenalap wrote: »
    Matip won PL POTM.

Was looking for this.

Auba won it mate ;)

There’s 2. Auba won the one that goes into Fifa
  • ChrisLFC
    7273 posts Big Money Move
    Don't think Matip even got nominated for the fifa one
  • arsenalap
    Ah I was taking about the premier league one.

Yh doesn't look like Matip was even nominated..
  • Argie8
    6177 posts Big Money Move
    I think Trent could end up being the best RB in the world if he refines his game
  • arsenalap
    Yep no doubt he will be up there.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Argie8 wrote: »
    I think Trent could end up being the best RB in the world if he refines his game

I mean he already isn’t far away. Certainly one of the best ATM. So there’s a good chance
  • SDoofus

I mean he already isn’t far away. Certainly one of the best ATM. So there’s a good chance

It's crazy to see that he's already the 6th best RB on FIFA, despite being only 21. That's massive in terms of recognition, due to how lowly rated most younger players tend to be on FIFA.

1. Kimmich - 86 (88 potential) - 24
    2. Carvajal - 85 (86 potential) - 27
    3. Cancelo - 84 (89 potential) - 25
    4. Walker - 84 (84 potential) - 29
    5. Azpilicueta - 84 (84 potential) - 29
    6. TAA - 83 (89 potential) - 21

• Argie8
    6177 posts Big Money Move

Yeah, I feel like there aren't many top RBs at the minute though. Feels like a long time ago since there was Dani Alves, zanetti, maicon and a few others bossing the position
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    I miss Alves at Barca :( similar to Trent I guess couldn’t defend as well as some but he was so good going forward
  • SDoofus
    Robertson is the 2nd best, behind only Alba B)

Beating the likes of Alaba, Sandro and Marcelo.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Robbo > Alba

Well, since the turn of the year anyway.
  • SDoofus
    Yeah, but this is FIFA. They are slow to catch up. I am genuinely shocked that VVD is the best CB in the game, ratings-wise, as I expected the likes of Ramos and Chiellini to remain higher.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 2019
    In real life terms, I reckon we have

Top 3 GK
    Best LB
    Top 3 RB
    Best CB.

Crazy.
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    Kimmich is only 24😂 he’s been around for ages wtf
  • SDoofus
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    Kimmich is only 24😂 he’s been around for ages wtf

Shocked me too.
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner

Top 3 GK
    Best LB
    Top 3 RB
    Best CB.

Crazy.

Add best DM in there aswell
  • SDoofus

Top 3 GK
    Best LB
    Top 3 RB
    Best CB.

Crazy.

Tbh our whole first 11 is probably at least top 5 of their position, bar our CMs.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class

Top 3 GK
    Best LB
    Top 3 RB
    Best CB.

Crazy.

And best front 3 (not individually but I don’t care I’ll move the goalposts to include them)
  • arsenalap

Top 3 GK
    Best LB
    Top 3 RB
    Best CB.

Crazy.

What are you classing Kante as?
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Anyone else in love with Gini this season. Ain’t checked stats but he never seems to lose the ball and runs all game. I remember him saying he was really angry with Klopp for not starting him vs Barca in the second leg and apparently Klopp just said if he works hard enough he wouldn’t have got dropped. Didn’t think Gini could work harder