Rivals needs to be scrapped

Kingkay
1777 posts Fans' Favourite
edited October 2019
The idea is terrible - keep playing till you play either a op team or someone better ...

Can’t we just have tournaments back bring some worth to bronze and silvers?

Comments

• YB_11_
    353 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would love to see those bronze and silver cups back. ♥️
  • Gromit
    4427 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2019
    Kingkay wrote: »
    The idea is terrible - keep playing till you play either a op team or someone better ...

Sounds like you want a mode where you get ranked against soft teams where you can win ;)

I miss the cups too, would love to see bronze and silver cups back. But it would only work if they were reward driven otherwise nobody would play them, and then when you make them reward driven, you're back to square one where everyone has the 11 most meta players, plays the same ultra defensive tactics and the agony continues.

I've posted the same thread as you for about the last 4 years, unfortunately the game has changed beyond belief and its hard to see it ever going back. The kids would riot, they moan like ❤️❤️❤️❤️ if they only pull an 85 rated card in their rewards, imagine if all they had to play for was 500 coins and a trophy like the old days :)

As far as rivals goes, you make a team, you play, you win, you lose, either way you get points, you get rewarded. I'm new to it, its a bit of a grind to play when you keep getting those same players like Rashford etc, but I qualified rank 1 in divison 6 and 7 both weeks so far, and pulled over 400k worth of cards easily in the untradables, seems like a fair reward for slogging it out playing matches that would be exactly the same if I were in a cup mode.
  • Blackbird10
    1189 posts Professional
    Would like to see weeks where Rivals requires Bronzes or Silvers personally. Likewise with Weekend League. An all silver weekend league would be mad.
  • Brad
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It’d be a lot less punishing and more enjoyable if they removed relegation and just kept elo. So if you get to div 3 you’ll stay there unless you get enough skill rating to get to div 2.

Only downside is people wil deliberatly lose so they get easier opponents which makes it harder for the lower level players. Doing the objectives like the heading/crossing ones are so bad with how it is currently
  • Brad wrote: »
    It’d be a lot less punishing and more enjoyable if they removed relegation and just kept elo. So if you get to div 3 you’ll stay there unless you get enough skill rating to get to div 2.

Only downside is people wil deliberatly lose so they get easier opponents which makes it harder for the lower level players. Doing the objectives like the heading/crossing ones are so bad with how it is currently

Bad idea. What's the point? If all good players are promoted, that means that less good players are then in the top of their division. So they get promoted too at a certain point. And so on. Divisions become meaningless in February because everyone and their mother is promoted to Division 1 and 2.
  • Brad
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Saekerhett wrote: »
    Brad wrote: »

Bad idea. What's the point? If all good players are promoted, that means that less good players are then in the top of their division. So they get promoted too at a certain point. And so on. Divisions become meaningless in February because everyone and their mother is promoted to Division 1 and 2.

The point is I don’t want to have to lose 200+ skill rating trying to do an objective. Then having to win another 6+ games just to get back to where I was. February is 4 months away.