One objective out of my reach

DanCJ
617 posts An Exciting Prospect
I just cannot score off a corner and time is ticking :'( . Any tips lads?

On the plus side I’ve just got POTM Lewandowski. With L.Hernandez, Akanji and Goretzka surely I have enough aerial threat.

Comments

• KoreanMeatballs
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 10
    Struggled myself for ages

Found best way was get a player with high curve, I used Frenkie De Jong

And aim just outside near corner of 6 yard box and curve in 2 to 2.5 bars.
  • Embrared
    846 posts Semi-Pro
    Took me 30 odd games but finally got there through spamming near post corners. Wasn’t proud of myself but needs must.
  • Sonlen
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Honestly your best bet is just getting volume. So I focused on shooting stuff at the keeper that he would parry out or going out to the corner flag and pinging the ball off defenders. Then your best bet is probably the powered cross near post. And might as well take the time to learn timed headers.
  • Primofusion
    680 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Custom tactics, move slider for corners to max to get as many players in the box as poss during corners. Also use someone with high free kick taking / crossing stats to take the corner, high power also helps with the kick taker.
  • Riggs006
    921 posts Professional
    Struggling with the same objective, literally done all the others apart from the score in squad battles ones, I've only scored 2 corners so far and they have both been in draft.

Don't know why I'm struggling so much, I have similar players to you, Lewandowski, Goretzka, Akanji, Tah, Havertz, Brandt, Witsel. All over 6ft and the closest I've come is hitting the post but all my headers seem to be far too weak or inaccurate, think I'm just going to accept defeat on this one :D
  • DanCJ
    617 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Thanks for comments everyone. All appreciated.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5899 posts Big Money Move
    I got lucky. Pukki actually fluffed it with his head. The hit it on the volley top bins.
  • greif44
    2807 posts Fans' Favourite
    Finally somehow scored a rebound with Koulibaly after CK, it counted
  • pudgyfudgy
    5783 posts Big Money Move
    Guysss you don't need to score directly from the corner!!

You can play it short and cross it in, or play short and dribble into the box.

As long as you don't take too long, and also don't pass the ball back out of the box.
  • marcus2596
    324 posts Sunday League Hero
    Can also try messaging opponent before game.