Mature Players? Over 30? Who is The Oldest?

I'm 43. Just wondered how many other mature members there are in here?

I tend to play in an evening after the kids are in bed for a chill. First played Sensible Soccer back in the early 90s, and KICK OFF back in the 80s. Would love to know how many other oldies are in here, and how long you have been playing Fifa?

Comments

• PaulDr
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 10
    I am 50, started with subbuteo as a lad and that Wembley board game, played most football games since. Football manager on the zx spectrum, Kick off 2 and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga 500. On ps2 I was a pro evolution soccer fanatic, started playing fifa much later.
  • madwullie
    4839 posts National Call-Up
  • MazerM
    51 posts Park Captain

FIFA 18 was the first football game I'd played since playing Match Day on the zx spectrum decades(!) ago. Spent many hours on football manager too.
  • Chavez76
    2965 posts Fans' Favourite
  • Khangaskhan17
    3946 posts National Call-Up
    I'm 32 not sure about mature though mate. If I was mature I'd stop playing this garbage.

31. Exactly.
  • Alex_cr
    5251 posts Big Money Move
    I'm 32 not sure about mature though mate. If I was mature I'd stop playing this garbage.

I was about to say the same thing! 34 but not a mature bone in my body. My 9 year old Daughter has definitely surpassed me in the maturity stakes 😂
  • lulzfifaomega
    108 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    28 still smashing controllers
  • KoreanMeatballs
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    48 and still going strong

The reflexes and eyesight aren't here anymore but I just bloody love football
  • pombo77
    128 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    54, been playing Futbol games since childhood. We used to play in my cousin's room. The floor was made out of tiles so it was easy to delineate a pitch. We made players out of Lego pieces and used big coat buttons as a "ball" you had to pass, take turns and score. Later I moved on to the Sega Genesis console and never looked back. Played "World Championship Soccer". So addicted to this shhit, gotta stop soon. I think this will be my last fifa ; )
  • Some serios retro in here....ZX Spectrum!! :)
  • Andyrusski
    222 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    39, and have to admit lately my sunday league football makes more sense than this game.
  • Some serios retro in here....ZX Spectrum!! :)

Best ever computer, xbox one x pfft
  • There is actually a Facebook group called "Fifa Geriatrics - A Safe Place For Mature Fifa Players" with a few hundred members, so it looks like there is a community out there!
  • Pooter
    2951 posts National Call-Up
    PaulDr wrote: »
    I am 50, started with subbuteo as a lad and that Wembley board game, played most football games since. Football manager on the zx spectrum, Kick off 2 and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga 500. On ps2 I was a pro evolution soccer fanatic, started playing fifa much later.

Did you have to buy FP to get Messi?
  • BigEneh
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    27 geting there 😅 18 years of FIFA lol
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Obefemi Martins......Oh wait...no, I understand the question now....

38, no 39???............no??? 38!.....(proud to say Fifa International Soccer (Megadrive) was the 1st game I ever bought with my own birthday money (good call - Patrick Moore) .....Fifa 20 is the 1st game I've ever bought with my sons birthday money (so that's nice).
  • sheffutd87
    3176 posts National Call-Up
    31 here, been playing Fifa since ps1.
  • HelloDearie
    2301 posts Fans' Favourite
    31 next month. First game was FIFA 98 on the mega drive. Good times.
  • PaulDr
    186 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 10
    Pooter wrote: »
    PaulDr wrote: »

Did you have to buy FP to get Messi?

Erm I haven't got Messi - never packed him in any year and I've never bought fifa points
  • Gogs
    283 posts Sunday League Hero
    35 with wife, 2 kids and full time job.
    Playing video games since 1995.
    Played only PES before but since 2012 only FIFA and UT.
    I don't see me stopping playing in the next 20 yeras😂.
    I am from Croatia but i live in Germany for the last 6 years.
    I just love UK Fifa Forum.
    Sorry because of bad english and i hope you all have a great day.
  • BlackFridayRule
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    28 still smashing controllers

36,havn't smashed or otherwise killed a controller since i stopped playing online.
  • Neckabob
    13060 posts Has That Special Something
    Wtf everyone is so "old" :D
    Im 24
  • Nessy
    1989 posts Fans' Favourite
    44, married with 3 kids and own my own Engineering consultancy company so work abroad during the week.
    Currently working in Ireland so have an XB1 at my B&B and home..... Week night games are fine, however WL is a struggle as I have family stuff to do..... I manage some how :D
  • Safehands84
    3717 posts National Call-Up
    I'm 35. Started on the Spectrum daily Thompson decathlon and international match day. Played all the fifas up to about 2000, then switched to pes. Started uni 2002 and just played champ manager still play 01/02 now) until world of warcraft came out. Played that and football manager until Modern warfare 2 came out.

Didnt bother with football games again until fifa 12 game out. Was driving back from a friends wedding and some mates were telling me about Ultimate team, went Tesco when i got home and been hooked on it since. Still love games like Witcher and Skyrim but my gaming time is very limited now as have a 2 and 4 year old.

By time got them to bed spent a bit of time with the mrs it's nearly best time so restricted to at tops few hours a night. Pretty much why I only play fifa or cod, you can just turn them on and play. Games like Skyrim, RDR2 you need time. Got RDR2 last Christmas, hardly played it. Switched it one the other day by time I worked out what mission I'm on it time for bed
  • iamnotamaniamcantona
    142 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Im 24

...and clearly not doing any work at 3.30pm :p
  • keronc
    1061 posts Professional
    44 Here. I used to run home between classes at college to watch some of the Icons when they were in their PIM :) . Who here watched Effenberg, Oliver Kahn, Cantona, Finidi George or George Weah?
  • HyperOCD
    591 posts An Exciting Prospect
    32 B)
  • Neckabob
    13060 posts Has That Special Something
    Neckabob wrote: »
    Im 24

...and clearly not doing any work at 3.30pm :p

Well Im at work too now tbh :D