Is 3 in the back the way togo this year?

Comments

• ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    lippyone wrote: »
    Following guide to 352 is fantastic. After using these instructions hardly ever need to make manual runs, the players do it themselves. This working very well

The runs. OMG the runs.

Been playing with 352 since last year but Holy crap this is good.
  • lippyone
    2089 posts Fans' Favourite
    ViezeDries wrote: »
    Following guide to 352 is fantastic. After using these instructions hardly ever need to make manual runs, the players do it themselves. This working very well

The runs. OMG the runs.

Yep, he has really nailed the player instructions. Like he says the CAM is key, him and the left winger are scoring nearly all my goals in this structure. Also defensively it seems no worse than four at back
  • SkeltonTom
    1463 posts Play-Off Hero

The runs. OMG the runs.

Going to give this a try. Do you guys do long ball and get in behind like he says? Or on balanced?

I’ve got 270k to build a team, need some advice :D
  • SkeltonTom
    1463 posts Play-Off Hero
    Also, so he starts 433(2) and then puts a CM into CB?
  • SkeltonTom
    1463 posts Play-Off Hero
    SkeltonTom wrote: »

The runs. OMG the runs.

Going to give this a try. Do you guys do long ball and get in behind like he says? Or on balanced?

I’ve got 270k to build a team, need some advice :D

Bump.
  • lippyone
    edited October 2019

I did the long ball get in behind that he recommended for weaker players. Built a squad with all the bits in the right place, have the 352 as the starting formation, and have thrown in some other 3 at the back formations for the other mentalities.
  • SkeltonTom
    1463 posts Play-Off Hero

I did the long ball get in behind that he recommended for weaker players. Built a squad with all the bits in the right place, have the 532 as the starting formation, and have thrown in some other 3 at the back formations for the other mentalities.

Does he start with a different formation though? He doesn’t make that so clear?
  • lippyone

I did the long ball get in behind that he recommended for weaker players. Built a squad with all the bits in the right place, have the 532 as the starting formation, and have thrown in some other 3 at the back formations for the other mentalities.

Does he start with a different formation though? He doesn’t make that so clear?

Not sure, do not think it really matters, except if starting with 4 at the back it does mean having to play a player or Two out of position when switching to 3 atb.

• EisenErmin
    9258 posts League Winner

These guy does make good videos, but i kind of disagree with the long ball tactic. It makes everyone run away from the player that is having the ball. Balanced attack is working much better, at least it does for me.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    What I’ve found out for my play style is that 3–5-2 (must be set up correctly and have the right type of players) works really well against people playing drop back, when they are not on drop back it can struggle.

Maybe the reason for the mixed opinion on it. So my tip is if you come across it, don’t play drop back.

Additionally 4-4-2 nullifies 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow (set up not as important but having the right type of CM’s a must)
  • greif44
    3655 posts National Call-Up
    EisenErmin wrote: »

These guy does make good videos, but i kind of disagree with the long ball tactic. It makes everyone run away from the player that is having the ball. Balanced attack is working much better, at least it does for me.

same here, trying these CTs resulted in a loss streak for me. Prefer my own ones
  • ViezeDries
    1420 posts Professional
    EisenErmin wrote: »

I have it on balanced as well. Works beautiful for me.