Best instructions for the chip shot

Aguy9916
1045 posts Professional
What's the best options to create the 1v1 situation in which the opponent will bring out the keeper? Would it be a very high line and forwards on stay forward and get in behind?

Should be easy this one but with everyone parking the bus they are never bringing the keeper out... 2 defenders might as well get some gloves on too they never leave the 6 yard box for most opponents πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ... even when they are 5 down they still park that bus...what is wrong with people πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Comments

• jackm57
    2432 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's funny because I have the same issue. I've never been one on one with the keeper being brought out but I get chipped fairly regularly.

I think it's because we aren't playing drop back PTB tactics
  • Get in behind
  • D0lvl
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    I hate this objective. Was going full on with this objective in mind, not worrying about losses. Anyway, had many chip attempts but either the ball was too slow that a defender was able to run back and kick out the ball at the line or it would hit the post everytime.

Very infuriating. At least you don't have to use slow players for this...

Going to see if I can chip shot it in after going down the wings and passing to the cut back player. I bet it'll go over the crossbar. lol
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    you can even chip the keeper standing 3 yards in front of his goal. Just chip right in his face if you are very close to the keeper. I do it all the time from any angle.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    you can even chip the keeper standing 3 yards in front of his goal. Just chip right in his face if you are very close to the keeper. I do it all the time from any angle.

That's worth a try I'll see what I can do... I'm pretty good at doing the chip when they run the keeper out but nobody is doing it! ... I guess it's one of those objectives that will just happen naturally at some point and plenty time left... just wanted to get it done as it's the last one I've got now other than the big long game ones
  • Pocketsquareguy
    7516 posts League Winner
    Done it many times. Won’t register.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    I've done it now, managed to do a first time chip from just inside the box, luckily keeper charged and It went in, was a good goal but pure luck through spamming chip at every bad opportunity πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

All done, dont know what to do now πŸ˜‚
  • TheSBCKing
    280 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2019
    i did this last night, won 5-0 scored a chip shot lobbing it over the keeper and thought it was done. opponent was so terrible i could have won 25-0 so would have carried on trying if i knew it wasnt going to work.
    do you have to only score 2 goals maybe?
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    i got chipped one on one in the box definitely possible