What the value on the contain x button EA? ( sometimes doesn't work)

bobby2
125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited October 2019
Often the X button doesn't work. I use both x and o, but the x seems to be useless for a quick interception or desperate tackle inside the box. Player just stand off and watch the player.

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well contain is supposed to be to mark the player, not tackle/block... so its working as intended in that regard
  • Fifapayne
    2431 posts Fans' Favourite
    It’s not supposed to make tackles for you.
  • bobby2
    Well contain is supposed to be to mark the player, not tackle/block... so its working as intended in that regard

It did in Fifa 19- using 0 button often risky in the box penalties are awarded too easily. x button doesn't work effectively if thats true, because they stand off the player and don't move in for the tackle with 0
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    bobby2 wrote: »

It did in Fifa 19- using 0 button often risky in the box penalties are awarded too easily. x button doesn't work effectively if thats true, because they stand off the player and don't move in for the tackle with 0

There was a lot of broken mechanics and hand holding in 19, which most of the community hates in a competitive game...
    In 20 they tried to make it more manual and “rewarding” to play manual, which still needs work, but contain is probably one of the few things they have right currently
  • Invincibility
    4661 posts National Call-Up
    They messed up contain with the patch.. Attackers are left with open space most of the time.. That's why u see 78 rated with 90 pace rush past your Varane
  • bobby2

There was a lot of broken mechanics and hand holding in 19, which most of the community hates in a competitive game...
    In 20 they tried to make it more manual and “rewarding” to play manual, which still needs work, but contain is probably one of the few things they have right currently

How so if x is contain then the player should be getting tighter to the ball to make a challenge with 0. Too often the player just follows the movement and not getting in there to make a tackle.
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    You’re lucky it’s my shoot button that decides when it wants to work, makes the game pretty tricky.
  • bobby2
    They messed up contain with the patch.. Attackers are left with open space most of the time.. That's why u see 78 rated with 90 pace rush past your Varane

They don't get tight using x it just following them without actually doing anything useful. X is broken, explains why people feel their button lag.
  • Headshrinker363
    5844 posts Big Money Move

It’s not right if it doesn’t contain. I’d call it the give your opponent loads of room button.
  • Bobo23
    2173 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    You guys actually use the X button to defend? I've never used it to defend in any FIFA. I honestly see no need to use it, jockeying is all you need.
  • Alex_cr
    5820 posts Big Money Move
    Contain was so bad last year you could literally hold it and deny all space. It’s good it’s been turned right down.
  • Invincibility
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Contain was so bad last year you could literally hold it and deny all space. It’s good it’s been turned right down.

You must be playing with CB with low ratings it's annoying when 85+ rated defenders can't properly contain.. That's why you get scored 1-2 against so easy this year
  • The only time i ever use contain is ill tap it while running down the side with someone, as if they perform a cut itll stop you in track rather then the delay of u going flying.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Contain is for noobs. I’m glad it’s not doing all the work for you if I’m honest.
  • bobby2
    edited October 2019
    Contain is for noobs. I’m glad it’s not doing all the work for you if I’m honest.

How is it for noobs. You supposed to get close to tackle not stand off and let attackers run in on goal easily.
  • Invincibility

If the hard tackle by holding tackling for longer as input was still working properly I wouldn't mind it.. but this is the reason I concede most of the time to much space for attackers results in 1-2s
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero

How is it for noobs. You supposed to get close to tackling not stand off and let attacks run in on goal easily.

That’s what jockey and manual tackle are for. Too many people rely on contain to do the simplest of tasks. A bit of anticipation and practice with jockey is all that’s required. Contain basically did everything for you without having to think. Like I said, I’m glad it’s been nerfed

• Alex_cr
    5820 posts Big Money Move
    Alex_cr wrote: »

You must be playing with CB with low ratings it's annoying when 85+ rated defenders can't properly contain.. That's why you get scored 1-2 against so easy this year

I’ve got Chiellini as one of my CB’s so not so much. Just have to learn this better way of defending then you can stop the 1/2’s. Trust me I got destroyed by them for a good while!
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

Wow wtf.

People are literally complaining that simply holding one button whilst you take a sip of drink and eat some crisps doesnt make your player shadow opposition touch tight for you???

I had a try of it once in 19 and my player stood 10 yards away so never bothered anyway.

No one actually tries controlling their own players? Bloody hell.
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    How does contain work with the X button? Isn't the X button for sliding tackles? My players do a slide tackle if I press the X button.
  • Invincibility
    keronc wrote: »
    How does contain work with the X button? Isn't the X button for sliding tackles? My players do a slide tackle if I press the X button.

X on ps4 is contain
  • keronc
    1089 posts Professional
    keronc wrote: »

X on ps4 is contain

OK, I was thinking the Xbox. That would be the A (Pass) button on Xbox. I will try it later.
  • Lol what?. People complaining that relying on the A.I is not working for them?. Be happy that contain is basically useless, it takes literally 0 skill to hold a single button. Just use jockying and manually try to tackle the ball.
    My koulibaly and chiellini are amazing i.m.o.

However, what i do hate is that i sometimes can not switch quickly enough to the correct defender i want to be. This gives the opponent like a 2 second gap before i can react with the correct player for some reason.
  • Invincibility
    edited October 2019
    Containing isn't AI.. you push players towards the bal by your own input LOL

AI = blocking all shots without any movement of players by input
  • Headshrinker363

These guys saying contain is a AI defending probably use second man contain.
  • Containing isn't AI.. you push players towards the bal by your own input LOL

The player follows the opponent around, now doesnt he?. Thats pretty much A.I as you dont input any control into the direction of your player is moving.
  • Headshrinker363

The player follows the opponent around, now doesnt he?. Thats pretty much A.I as you dont input any control into the direction of your player is moving.

Using contain properly needs directional input too. If all you do is hold x you’re done for.