The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Liverpool Football Club

Comments

• Pooter
    3911 posts National Call-Up
    Eight points ahead, not counting chickens before they hatch yet
  • Snugglebites
    1426 posts Professional
    Even Everton are in the bottom 3. :D
  • Pooter
    Even Everton are in the bottom 3. :D

I feel sorry for them....please note the sarcasm in that statement
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    I’m not getting too gassed until we play them at the emptyhad. Then we’ll see how it is. Good position to be in 😊
  • Devers
    7566 posts League Winner
    I'd have Joelinton as a Firmino backup.

rumors going round son wants out of spurs. if its true, id go all out to get him. perfect for any position across the top 3, and has the workrate klopp likes.

just watched motd, great result and love the drama at the end :D

but lineker shearer and lately even murphy are a pack a ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • Pxul_
    8946 posts League Winner
    If son wants out of spurs we should be all over him. The perfect player for us imo.
  • SDoofus
    6430 posts Big Money Move
    Agree. I’d love Son here. He would fit in perfectly.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Can not tell you how much I'd want Son if he was to leave Spurs
  • Pooter
    Pxul_ wrote: »
    I’m not getting too gassed until we play them at the emptyhad. Then we’ll see how it is. Good position to be in 😊

Yup, we have to keep our heads firmly on our shoulders, there are much tougher games ahead, and they are likely to be rattled after losing too much ground on us
  • wth22
    11016 posts Has That Special Something
    Pooter wrote: »
    Pxul_ wrote: »

Yup, we have to keep our heads firmly on our shoulders, there are much tougher games ahead, and they are likely to be rattled after losing too much ground on us

The last time they dropped points they came back with an 8-0 win
  • Kellnerr
    3102 posts National Call-Up
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Also find it mad that people are saying we bottled last season still. If you'd have asked any Liverpool fan if we would have taken 97 points when we were 7 points clear 99% of us would have taken it, as 97 points wasnt considered realistic before the season started. 97 points is obscene. We can't help that Man City were somehow even more exceptional during the final run of games

Yeah they won every single game ffs. I guess it would still be bottling if we were 2 points ahead after the first GW but didn't win the league because we didn't win 38 games :lol:

What do we want against United after the break btw? A narrow win and let them performing well so Ole stays or smash them and get him sacked? :joy::cry:
  • SDoofus
    edited October 2019
    Argie8 wrote: »
    Also find it mad that people are saying we bottled last season still. If you'd have asked any Liverpool fan if we would have taken 97 points when we were 7 points clear 99% of us would have taken it, as 97 points wasnt considered realistic before the season started. 97 points is obscene. We can't help that Man City were somehow even more exceptional during the final run of games

Exactly. I mean, the team who beat us to the title are literally the only team in the entire PL era to better 97 points. And they've done it twice in a row.

They ended last season with 14 straight wins. So for us not to "bottle it", we were expected to also win 14 in a row :D That was an obscene standard to hold us to. Instead, we won 11 and drew 3, which, in any other season without this freak City side, is clear title winning form.

The fact we are even competing with this City side is probably a harder achievement than some of the PL title wins we've seen in the past decade, when you consider the number of points needed, and City's financial/squad depth advantage.

It's 97 points, ffs.
  • SDoofus
    edited October 2019
    KYENh7sV7CS0_5zUlCcrwISItCbah31pObh0vhICMsQ.jpg?auto=webp&s=2e1f843396e6eddf33c0c97f59e978c85faac1b2

Wonder if Pep is going to crack now. This is an old quote of his.
  • Argie8
    6175 posts Big Money Move
    completely agree lads.
  • SDoofus
    Matip won PL POTM.
  • Littleland95
    17327 posts Moderator
    SDoofus wrote: »
    Matip won PL POTM.

Voted by fans. :)
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    As much as United are away to the dogs atm I will still see them as a bigger rival that City and I don’t think that will ever change tbh. City are annoying but United literally ruined my childhood where football is concerned. The ❤️❤️❤️❤️ won everything, any year we had a chance they came along to ruin it somehow.

For context was listening to the radio this morning and there was a City fan questioning why we cared about United losing yesterday. Said they could laugh but doesn’t see why it effects us. Absolute weapon thinking they can replace 50 years of rivalry because they’ve been decent for a few years and had 2 title races with us.
  • Flapjack
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    SDoofus wrote: »
    What a beautiful sight.

EliHb0n.jpg

If Carlsberg did football weekends

- 95th minute winner from a penalty call that’s left opponents salty? Check
    - City losing at home to fall 8 points behind? Check
    - United losing to leave them 2 points above the relegation zone? Check
    - Everton losing to leave them in the relegation zone? Check
    - Former Arsenal and Chelsea goalkeeper? Cech.
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Aye it was a perfect weekend. Watching Celtic lose and Rangers go top made it even sweeter (don’t actually care about SPL but my cousins are Gers fans and of course scenes if Stevie wins the league)
  • SDoofus
    City are closer to 15th place than they are to us :D 1 point ahead of Arsenal, only 2 points ahead of Palace, Chelsea and Leicester. Another dodgy result could see them drop down the table very quickly :D

Palace vs City next. City hate Palace :D
  • LFC Simon 98
    18910 posts World Class
    Tbf I hate palace. But they do us a favour and I’ll buy a Zaha shirt
  • SDoofus
    edited October 2019
    It's still 2 weeks away, but what are your thoughts on the game at OT next? We almost always struggle there, but I am cautiously optimistic of a repeat of 2013/14 or 2008/09.
  • Wyojasond
    13018 posts Has That Special Something
    Some big big games when we come back from the break. United, Spurs, Arsenal (Cup), Genk twice (those should be easy wins, but who knows after that Salzburg game 😂), Villa and then the biggest one yet against City.

That’s a brutal stretch of games, even with those teams in poor form.
  • SDoofus
    Some big big games when we come back from the break. United, Spurs, Arsenal (Cup), Genk twice (those should be easy wins, but who knows after that Salzburg game 😂), Villa and then the biggest one yet against City.

That’s a brutal stretch of games, even with those teams in poor form.

I'm feeling optimistic about beating United and Spurs. I think we'll play the second string against Arsenal, with a couple heavy hitters off the bench, and wouldn't be too displeased if we get knocked out.

City game could be massive. Just as we will be exiting this tough period, City will be entering theirs (they are actually in the middle of an easy run lmao):

Liverpool away
    Chelsea home
    Newcastle away
    Burnley away
    United home
    Arsenal away
    Leicester home
    Wolves away

Ouch.
  • arsenalap
    7059 posts Big Money Move
    Our cup game could be very exciting depending on the lineups.

If we go youngsters vs youngsters we're in for a treat.