The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

The English Football League Lounge 2019/20

Comments

• They Caged Non
    5321 posts Big Money Move
    Think the phrase "it's the hope that kills you" applies to Boro in that last 10 minutes.

League one next season for us with this band of nobodies. No spark.

• AaronMFC
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only had 6 pints so ill rant less or maybe more, we were absolutely outplayed and yet still were undeservedly level late on and continued our problem, didnt block a cross, and got less than we deserved 2-1 flattered us beyond belief. We should have robbed 1-1 but the fact we couldnt do that showed it all. Our cbs didnt make mistakes tonight holding mid not being in position and the amount of crosses we allowed was ridiculous. That was just pathetic against another bad championship team.
  • AaronMFC
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero
    Closing statement birmingham and shef wed had their easiest wins all season against us.
  • IDARYL
    5746 posts Big Money Move
    Altrincham hit the big time today live on BBC iplayer at 12.30 vs Halesowen town in the F.A Cup qualifiers. Only about 10 more rounds to the final
  • wheelerdeeler
    6527 posts Big Money Move
    Would have had Harrison Reed back in for Johansen and maybe kept Bobby Reid in the team but happy with it apart from that.
  • They Caged Non
    AaronMFC wrote: »
    Only had 6 pints so ill rant less or maybe more, we were absolutely outplayed and yet still were undeservedly level late on and continued our problem, didnt block a cross, and got less than we deserved 2-1 flattered us beyond belief. We should have robbed 1-1 but the fact we couldnt do that showed it all. Our cbs didnt make mistakes tonight holding mid not being in position and the amount of crosses we allowed was ridiculous. That was just pathetic against another bad championship team.

Dare I say it, we don’t have enough foreign players in our team. British midfielders at that level are just rubbish, not quick, strong, clever enough to move the ball around with any pace and we seemed to have hoovered them up and stuck them all in one team. Assombalonga is a waste of space 99% of the game, Fletcher should be our starting striker atm. We desperately need our left backs fit too.

You can only hope Gibson has a plan for Jan to give Woodgate some much needed intelligence and athleticism in the middle of the park, Clayton is an average league one player at best for me.

A lad i know is mates with a scout and apparently he has been in Spain for the last few weeks, we can only hope they are looking at someone with some class. The Spanish lad last night was toying with us all game.
  • AaronMFC
    1689 posts Play-Off Hero

Dare I say it, we don’t have enough foreign players in our team. British midfielders at that level are just rubbish, not quick, strong, clever enough to move the ball around with any pace and we seemed to have hoovered them up and stuck them all in one team. Assombalonga is a waste of space 99% of the game, Fletcher should be our starting striker atm. We desperately need our left backs fit too.

You can only hope Gibson has a plan for Jan to give Woodgate some much needed intelligence and athleticism in the middle of the park, Clayton is an average league one player at best for me.

A lad i know is mates with a scout and apparently he has been in Spain for the last few weeks, we can only hope they are looking at someone with some class. The Spanish lad last night was toying with us all game.

I think clayton has been a good player for us but he looks absolutely spent now he was awful against shef wed as well, dijksteel isnt filling me with confidence at rb either tbh. Its incredible how we have 3cms and none of them calm things down and keep possession we look like were playing with 10 men looks like were a man light every time a team attacks or we look a man short on the counter as well. Agree completely on fletcher hes done a pretty good job as a left winger this season when its not his role at all. I dont get why were putting so little effort into blocking crosses though were conceding from loads and just allowing them.
  • BrentfordFC
    13029 posts Has That Special Something
    This Fulham charlton game is non stop end to end football. Glorious to watch.
  • They Caged Non

I think clayton has been a good player for us but he looks absolutely spent now he was awful against shef wed as well, dijksteel isnt filling me with confidence at rb either tbh. Its incredible how we have 3cms and none of them calm things down and keep possession we look like were playing with 10 men looks like were a man light every time a team attacks or we look a man short on the counter as well. Agree completely on fletcher hes done a pretty good job as a left winger this season when its not his role at all. I dont get why were putting so little effort into blocking crosses though were conceding from loads and just allowing them.

Yep the whole thing is baffling... the one thing that’s really killing me atm is throw ins.. such a simple part of the game that we are useless at, one dimensional. We may as well just walk up the pitch and hand the ball to the opposition. Nobody wants the ball on a throw in, they just walk around not taking notice.

• Two strikers and two wingers. Can I get a hallelujah.
  • Handy Andy
    5838 posts Big Money Move
    BristolMDF wrote: »
    Two strikers and two wingers. Can I get a hallelujah.

go easy on us
  • wheelerdeeler
    Take a point after the 1st Half. But Bobby Reid has to score that late chance.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Sky will be be happy. Was barely a Football game in the 1st Half so at least it livened up. Knew Charlton would cause us problems, and 1st Half we were just bad. Thought it was going the same way as the Forest game when they scored a minute after we did so I’ll take the point.
  • BristolMDF
    909 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019
    Handy Andy wrote: »

go easy on us

In all honesty despite the decent points return we really haven’t played brilliantly all season. Think it’ll be fairly tight tbh. Did you come down?
  • Alastair
    10123 posts Moderator
    Anyone know if the FA have said what'll happen to the first round of the Cup this year? Will a team get a bye or will there be a lucky loser from the 4th qual round?
  • Handy Andy
    5838 posts Big Money Move

go easy on us

In all honesty despite the decent points return we really haven’t played brilliantly all season. Think it’ll be fairly tight tbh. Did you come down?

Nope :( I went to the game last season when we drew, hoping for the same today as Gomes is under pressure from some of our fans and could do with a result
  • Handy Andy wrote: »

go easy on us

Nope :( I went to the game last season when we drew, hoping for the same today as Gomes is under pressure from some of our fans and could do with a result

They just showed the highlights of that, we should have been about 3 up before we went 1 down!
  • wheelerdeeler
    Huddersfield are going to win the league now.
  • Farlz
    8665 posts League Winner
    I'm happy fellas, football is good again
  • Hicksy2011
    14216 posts Has That Special Something
    Worst case scenario today again
    Completely and utterly battered, Doncaster missed about 7 easy chances and hit the crossbar a few times so we end up stuck with Jackett for another month minimum
  • wheelerdeeler
    edited October 2019
    You honestly don't know how relieved I am that Stoke have won today. We've got them next and I was already getting flashbacks to Sunderland getting their first home win of 2017 against us in the December of the season we went up.
  • Bizarre game. Absolutely cruising at half time, Reading barely had a kick first half. Then come out in the second half, put ten men behind the ball and can barely get out of our half for 45 minutes.

Still, win’s a win
  • Hicksy2011
    14216 posts Has That Special Something

It’s nice to know other fans are thinking it too
  • strings79
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    seriously i bloody love the cowley brothers given me hope again <3
  • strings79
    2152 posts Fans' Favourite
    Huddersfield are going to win the league now.

lol i wish but those 2 brothers have us all believing again
  • Dizzy Bala
    3723 posts National Call-Up
    Not often I'm pleased to see an international break but it's been a fantastic start to the season so far. 11 games played, 10 games unbeaten, level with the league leaders. BBC Radio Nottingham asking Sabri about promotion but how can you ask those questions with a quarter of the season gone?

It was a tough old game today, between two sides that can play good football. Drawing in the first half seemed like a fair reflection, second half, just felt we had that little bit extra impetus to go on and win it. Ben Watson for the second home game running with the winner, inject it into me ❤️❤️❤️❤️ veins. Feels wrong to praise him to be honest but he's enjoying a renaissance under Sabri.

Brentford just looked like exactly what they are, a good footballing side that are hampered by having to sell their best players. Feel like that's probably been the difference between us and them. Had they kept Maupay and we'd sold Grabban for example, I think we'd of switched roles.

Two weeks off now, Wigan away next and then Hull at home. Both two games we should be winning but you never know in this league. Enjoying me football right now boys.
  • Akinfenwaaaa
    4217 posts National Call-Up
    Death
    Taxes
    Leeds bottling it at Millwall

Honestly was never a red card for Berardi, Bradshaw channelling his inner Tom Daley but the irony of Leeds fans up in arms about it when they've got Patrick Bamford leading their line is brilliant. First half was the best 45 minutes of football I've seen from a Millwall side for years, legs starting to go a bit in the second half and Leeds are clearly a very, very good side even with 10 men but I'm delighted we managed to grind out the win.

Jed Wallace given the freedom to do what he wants is a thing of beauty, Tom Bradshaw is twice the player Lee Gregory ever was and Jayson Molumby is an unreal baller. Hopefully Hughton is in by the time Brentford (A) rolls around.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Well RIP that Badou Ndiaye card I wanted.
  • wheelerdeeler
    Dizzy Bala wrote: »
    Brentford just looked like exactly what they are, a good footballing side that are hampered by having to sell their best players. Feel like that's probably been the difference between us and them. Had they kept Maupay and we'd sold Grabban for example, I think we'd of switched roles.

It's why them signing Pontus Jansson baffled me. That's a signing you make if you want to properly go for it because it sends out a message that you're a proper contender. But then after signing him they sell Maupay and Konsa (Konsa might have been before). Could see them cashing in on Benrahma in January if they're not near the Top 6 as well.