It's like playing Whac-A-Mole

Gromit
4413 posts National Call-Up
edited October 2019
Really enjoyed the game last week but played 5 rivals game last night and 5 this morning and it was just so frustrating to play.

Players attack with someone agile like Quincy Promes then when they reach the defensive line they drag back, go left, drag back go right, drag back left, drag back right over and over, then pass and repeat the process with another player, I think I was getting a full 20, 30 seconds of this at times before they finally either get a space to shoot or a defender actually gets any kind of block. Absolutely mind numbing gameplay.

Defending it just reminded me of Whac-A-Mole going left then right then left then right constantly trying to get a block in.

Really enjoyed the game last week, not sure if its the patches, the fact people have improved, or they have better teams but right now it just seems really frustrating.

If this is how it plays out all year I'll be giving up, 20 is my first FUT since 17. I thought I'd give it another chance and the early signs were positive but this is neither football or fun.

Comments

• CharlieC
    7376 posts Big Money Move
    At least you get the satisfaction of whacking a mole in Whac-a-Mole
  • Gromit
    CharlieC wrote: »
    At least you get the satisfaction of whacking a mole in Whac-a-Mole

:) true, you get what you pay for too.
  • FCBlunt
    3122 posts National Call-Up
    If you know what they do, why don’t you come up with a plan to stop it?

It sounds like you’re being wiped more than defending being broken, lad.

Try taking a break, let go of all the stress and pressure. Return with the mindset “I’m just playing to have fun, I don’t need to win.”

Have fun and suddenly your game comes together.
  • wsm
    64 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    have to agree with this comment ,,,, i believe the only way to make it realistic is if they have sprinted from half way line they should get slower and tired by 20 or 30 yards
  • CharlieC
    7376 posts Big Money Move
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Try taking a break, let go of all the stress and pressure. Return with the mindset “I’m just playing to have fun, I don’t need to win.”

Really hard to have fun in this game though. Believe me, I've tried and I'm a glass 3/4 full sort of guy.
  • FCBlunt
    edited October 2019
    CharlieC wrote: »

Really hard to have fun in this game though. Believe me, I've tried and I'm a glass 3/4 full sort of guy.

There’s great gamemodes like seasons or proclubs to find the spark to get back up. :smiley:

Personally, I always go wreck ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in online seasons, whenever fut gets my blood boiling.
  • Gromit

Not sure you get it.

Not saying I can't defend it or I'm conceding loads of goals. I'm saying how utterly boring and frustrating the gameplay is when your opponents come at you and with one player keep the ball for like 10 or 15 seconds just rinsing and repeating the same drag back, change direction move over and over and over then give up, pass and repeat the same thing with another player.

Its tedious as ❤️❤️❤️❤️ to watch, defend and probably execute.
  • Staxdoobie
    1771 posts Play-Off Hero

I think this is genuinely the best advice you can give someone in FIFA. It's often easier said than done, but it's absolutely spot on.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move

Sounds like Apex where overnight everyone is suddenly ducking and crouching constantly... like actual whack a mole
  • Chriswhiteisright
    418 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They prob do coz they dont know how to break your defence down. It's the la croc of ❤️❤️❤️❤️ just getting spammed all over the place.

I like the beautiful game passing and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and breaking teams down but when you do that you don't rewarded for it, you string 30 passes together to make space for a shot and you hit the post or the keeper pulls off an amazing save, we just cant win with this game.
  • Gromit
    They prob do coz they dont know how to break your defence down. It's the la croc of **** just getting spammed all over the place.

I like the beautiful game passing and **** and breaking teams down but when you do that you don't rewarded for it, you string 30 passes together to make space for a shot and you hit the post or the keeper pulls off an amazing save, we just cant win with this game.

I don't even use CT or anything, I'm on balanced. Its not even a case of me parking the bus and creating a brick wall, its just a natural progression. The fact attackers can do these drag backs and quick turns so easily coupled with the fact defenders are sluggish and rather passive is creating this effect of constant left then right then left then right with the same player. Its awful to defend not because its difficult but because its so boring and frustrating.

• FCBlunt
    Gromit wrote: »

Not sure you get it.

Not saying I can't defend it or I'm conceding loads of goals. I'm saying how utterly boring and frustrating the gameplay is when your opponents come at you and with one player keep the ball for like 10 or 15 seconds just rinsing and repeating the same drag back, change direction move over and over and over then give up, pass and repeat the same thing with another player.

Its tedious as **** to watch, defend and probably execute.
    They prob do coz they dont know how to break your defence down. It's the la croc of **** just getting spammed all over the place.

I like the beautiful game passing and **** and breaking teams down but when you do that you don't rewarded for it, you string 30 passes together to make space for a shot and you hit the post or the keeper pulls off an amazing save, we just cant win with this game.

What this guy said at first.

Second I would like to say that passing is very rewarding. Sadly, the most effective way to keep out a possession, passing team is to park the bus and hope for counter attacks.

Ofc, you can play offensive against players like us, but if given the space. We will outscore people that aren’t usually very good at that style.

So for some it’s a nessecity, they have to do something. I think people forget that it takes multiple fifas to actually git gud. Tons of new players join each year, having to resort to youtube to compete and this is the result.

I wish u guys matchmaking luck, and hope u get some proper opponents.
  • Gromit
    Gromit wrote: »

Not sure you get it.

Its tedious as **** to watch, defend and probably execute.

What this guy said at first.

Second I would like to say that passing is very rewarding. Sadly, the most effective way to keep out a possession, passing team is to park the bus and hope for counter attacks.

Ofc, you can play offensive against players like us, but if given the space. We will outscore people that aren’t usually very good at that style.

So for some it’s a nessecity, they have to do something. I think people forget that it takes multiple fifas to actually git gud. Tons of new players join each year, having to resort to youtube to compete and this is the result.

I wish u guys matchmaking luck, and hope u get some proper opponents.

WTF are you talking about?

Whatever it is its nothing to do with what I'm talking about.