Crossing and Headers

Bane
81 posts Park Captain
I wonder....isn't this part of football? Now corners are hopelessly boring or seem to be a lottery.

EA says they leaving it like that....hmmmm..

Comments

• JWNYsg
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    i scored from a corner directly. surprised it went in!
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    i scored from a corner directly. surprised it went in!

It did!!!!???😃

Mine just dribble down to goal kick ...to think I was a god in 19...
  • manicbro
    63 posts Park Captain
    Agreed, headers are far too ineffective, makes players who are on the slower side but tall and strong, completely useless. Just look at Kane and Zapata. Kane is around 55k for an 89 rated striker and inform Zapata is discard value.
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    manicbro wrote: »
    Agreed, headers are far too ineffective, makes players who are on the slower side but tall and strong, completely useless. Just look at Kane and Zapata. Kane is around 55k for an 89 rated striker and inform Zapata is discard value.

Oh well ....with all the raging every year ...people still buy fifa. Glad I am just playing through my friend's...my money would go into something productive.

Unless they bring a patch that spells Balance properly.
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    Why have heading accuracy when its unless in corners ...EA developers and their logic. Do they even have football/soccer players give them ideas ?....FUT money if their inspiration
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    I prefer headers now. They were waaaayyyy to accurate before now. And those people who would only ever spam crosses because they were over powered.

Glad EA done this with them.

👍
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    blue166 wrote: »
    I prefer headers now. They were waaaayyyy to accurate before now. And those people who would only ever spam crosses because they were over powered.

👍

You will still find something to complain about. That I promise.

Imagine using a team made up of dribblers like neymar messi Ronaldo hazard but they cant dribble

Imagine accurate shooters of the ball too but they cant score one on one

Imagine great defenders who cant clear a ball from the 18 yard box

Imagine referees who give red for a standing tackle and yellow for a sliding

Imagine the fans sitting on the pitch

Because someone can utilise their best features and you dont like it is the result of all this imaginations I listed and more .

When someone likes scoring headers you stop em from crossing

When they like dribbling to the box. You play a narrow defence .

Etc

That's why you the coach of your team

You adapt. Not pray for limitations or handicaps to the opposition.
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    I don't play Ultimate Team. So I wont find a stupidly made up team like that. There is the problem in itself Ultimate team.

I play H2H Seaons. Stock teams only. That's where the real game is at.

Man...
  • In previous Fifa ronaldo was unstoppable at headers.Especially in corners the header at the first post was
    so overabused because it was so overpowered.It was almost a glitch.This has gladly stopped now

There is a space between limitation and overpower and it is called balance.
    A simulation game needs to be balanced and have the odds of real football.
  • JWNYsg
    890 posts Semi-Pro
    In FIFA 19, i loved the crossing and headers on my 4411. In 20, it's been the crying game for me
  • Nakusin
    125 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’ve scored multiple corners, multiple crosses & multiple headers over my games, I scored a headed corner in my last play session & the one before that, even conceded one. I’ve found I simply have to be more careful & deliberate with my crosses, it has to have the right setup to have a good chance of a conversion so make them, hold the ball up, aim at that lone winger running in from afar, or maybe cut back & in-swing it, maybe just a little dink over the full back in front of you, etc. I’ve scored all of these types of crosses & it’s pretty satisfying. I also will mention I play full manual, so I don’t know if it’s auto/semi crossing screwing you lot over, but it might be.
  • Berlus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    There are many people in this community which argue that crossing is purely RNG without any skill. I can understand these arguments.
    But I also can understand ppl which argue that crossing is a very important playstyle in real life.

Wouldn't it a compromise to give crossing a skill component? A very simple solution would be just to make crossing completely manual! Everybody would be happy... no mindless crossing but if you master crossing it could be a viable playstyle.
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    You can still score from crosses. It does happen still. People talking like its no longer in the game.

I am scoring and conceding them. Just that there isn't 5 in a match doesn't mean they don't exist.
  • QuidoFrontiere
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Since patch I concede goals from cross very often...
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro

Yes this. They are there and happening for those worried.
  • D0lvl
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite
    My only complaint with headers is that on very clear open situations, your header goes straight down to your foot if you head with l1+r1 or it goes way off target with either no power or way off above the crossbar or to the sides.

I managed to complete the Tower of Power objectives with Lukaku and Volland but it took like 10 rivals games with that objective as priority. I only scored from clean and open headers not the crazy headers like in fifa19.

• Berlus
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Which kind of headers? In open situations or in an aerial duel?
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    I don't play Ultimate Team. So I wont find a stupidly made up team like that. There is the problem in itself Ultimate team.

I play H2H Seaons. Stock teams only. That's where the real game is at.

Man...

Guess the point wasnt taken or couldn't be comprehended
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    In previous Fifa ronaldo was unstoppable at headers.Especially in corners the header at the first post was
    so overabused because it was so overpowered.It was almost a glitch.This has gladly stopped now

There is a space between limitation and overpower and it is called balance.
    A simulation game needs to be balanced and have the odds of real football.

That near post header with Ronaldo hardly ever worked against me. I had the remedy .

Chances of I conceding a goal was 1 out of 15.

I always search for a way.

Hope people know till death ...ronaldo has one of the highest jump in football
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    JWNYsg wrote: »
    In FIFA 19, i loved the crossing and headers on my 4411. In 20, it's been the crying game for me

Especially playing against a very defensive opponent...I met a guy you plays every one back even DMs and puts his back line plus width to the lowest ...no getting into the box...so I played wide and relied on crosses ....that's football...you adapt
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    You can still score from crosses. It does happen still. People talking like its no longer in the game.

I am scoring and conceding them. Just that there isn't 5 in a match doesn't mean they don't exist.

From corners?....I doubt you've scored more than 2 in 20 matches ..even with people like Manzukic or Ronaldo
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    Berlus wrote: »

Good question
  • QuidoFrontiere

Like fifa 19. Op just run by side line and then just crossed from line and it went in. 3 times in a row.

Next match same but only 2 times.
  • Bane
    81 posts Park Captain
    edited October 4

Like fifa 19. Op just run by side line and then just crossed from line and it went in. 3 times in a row.

Hmmm I have not noticed this but I guess you should watch your flanks

Also like fifa 19 that hardly happened to me. I murder people who try to get into my full backs position
  • QuidoFrontiere
    Bane wrote: »

Hmmm I have not noticed this but I guess you should watch your flanks
    I did. But i didnt expect he will cross since that was not problem before patch...

But overall defending flanks not helps since everybody can randomly cross from anywhere... with random **** like in fifa 19 is easy to score
  • Reezy1807
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 4

stupid EAids at it w the patch. :( spoiling the gameplay
  • Reezy1807
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 6
    D0lvl wrote: »
    My only complaint with headers is that on very clear open situations, your header goes straight down to your foot if you head with l1+r1 or it goes way off target with either no power or way off above the crossbar or to the sides.

I managed to complete the Tower of Power objectives with Lukaku and Volland but it took like 10 rivals games with that objective as priority. I only scored from clean and open headers not the crazy headers like in fifa19.
    Bro this genuinely the worst part for me. Using the downward header it always goes straight to the ground and bounce off over the net. even w/o the downwards header, if u position ur analog stick downwards it just bounces over the net, or if u lift ur stick high it goes to the crowd.

Sometimes, ur player is all alone w an empty net after crossing the ball and he just scuffs it to the ground instead of the net and it just ends up going over the post as usual.

The only headers I've scored where from open play. I was on the flanks, cut back the ball and crossed over to Willian Jose and he scored, then the other was Lauturo Martinez, i just gave a lobbed cross right through the middle and he jumped higher than the defender to score that.

but corner crosses, I've come close a few times, what i do now is, after crossing the ball i press my action not w so much force, then hold the stick to any position, that's the only strategy that's given me more of a chance from corners.

Post edited by Reezy1807 on
  • Mickyyyyyyyyyyy
    213 posts Has Potential To Be Special

👍

The same thing could be said for people who abuse pase. I think crossing took more skill than running with a bunch of fast players and sweat it across goal -.-
  • blue166
    929 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 4

👍

The same thing could be said for people who abuse pase. I think crossing took more skill than running with a bunch of fast players and sweat it across goal -.-

Pace **

And no! Crossing takes no skill to lump it in box and header in. No skill.

Pass and run yeah in a way is too. However you can defend it if you are good enough.

Heading is much better this year. And you can break defences down.
  • Balazska01
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    There are many people in this community which argue that crossing is purely RNG without any skill. I can understand these arguments.
    But I also can understand ppl which argue that crossing is a very important playstyle in real life.

Wouldn't it a compromise to give crossing a skill component? A very simple solution would be just to make crossing completely manual! Everybody would be happy... no mindless crossing but if you master crossing it could be a viable playstyle.

Absolutely agree!!