Any Hummels reviews?

BadSeedsFC
1741 posts Play-Off Hero
edited September 2019
I managed to build a decent Bundesliga squad. Packed Lucas Hernández from Division Rivals last week and he is class. High class stuff... Got Tah beside him and Javi Martínez dropping between those two. Things have been good for now, but I got a couple of coins from Squad Battles and been wandering if Hummels can upgrade my defense. I have doubts because of his pace. Javi is slow as *** but his positioning and intuition are superb.

Any opinions on Hummels? I have read a couple of good reviews, but I haven't decide yet...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KevinFTW
    263 posts Sunday League Hero
    There’s nothing to review, he’s a top tier defender but slow as molasses.
  • DSD27
    5785 posts Big Money Move
    He is good to pair with Akanji, he has great defensive stats and Akanji has the pace. Don't play with a high line and you'll be fine, every time there's a fast counter attack with the opponent's ST just running, always run back with the other CB, not Hummels, leave Hummels.
  • Boysie91
    13806 posts World Class
    edited October 2019
    51 paced H/M CB.
    I haven't tried him but he is absolutely awful.
  • Gnomenclature
    7859 posts League Winner
    KevinFTW wrote: »
    There’s nothing to review, he’s a top tier defender but slow as molasses.

This. Too slow in this meta. Otherwise he's great....
  • Kingdingaling
    2852 posts National Call-Up
    BadSeedsFC wrote: »
    I managed to build a decent Bundesliga squad. Packed Lucas Hernández from Division Rivals last week and he is class. High class stuff... Got Tah beside him and Javi Martínez dropping between those two. Things have been good for now, but I got a couple of coins from Squad Battles and been wandering if Hummels can upgrade my defense. I have doubts because of his pace. Javi is slow as *** but his positioning and intuition are superb.

Any opinions on Hummels? I have read a couple of good reviews, but I haven't decide yet...

Thanks in advance.

Hernandez is his reactions a problem n how good is neur this year
  • Andrée
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    worst defender i used. They sprint through him every time.
  • freakjas
    13003 posts Has That Special Something
    I liked him.
    He probably needs a quicker defender next to him (Akanji or ur hernandez) and it’s alright.
    Hummels‘ interceptions and tackles are amazing. If you’re able to avoid sprints with him and use the other defender instead you should be good.
  • DaMMian
    2168 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think Sule and Akanji is better how Hummels