New patch today? Feels horrible

OfficerJimlahey
1843 posts Play-Off Hero
edited October 2019
Something isn’t right whether I’m suffering with lag or it’s the patch, I don’t know.

Seems like I’m conceding absolute trash goals, players are stupid again. I’ve loved this fifa until today. The feel of it has changed since yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• There was a second patch on PC earlier. No idea what it did tho as I had to go out after download
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    There was a second patch on PC earlier. No idea what it did tho as I had to go out after download

There was a 0.5gb patch on console as well. Hate to say it and hope I’m wrong but it feels like a noobfest again. Really hoping is connection/server related as opposed to a gameplay change
  • Royalwhite
    551 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Something isn’t right whether I’m suffering with lag or it’s the patch, I don’t know.

Seems like I’m conceding absolute trash goals, players are stupid again. I’ve loved this fifa until today. The feel of it has changed since yesterday.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes absolutely , played few games today post patch but couldn’t tolerate more . Kept conceding funny goals till I fed up and offered all my defensive line for sale 😅. Shame I was liking this game and actually made a post praising it .
  • Tboon
    3530 posts National Call-Up
    Does this new patch actually change the gameplay again?
  • newguy
    2261 posts Fans' Favourite
    I thought the game felt much worse today after the second patch for sure
  • CharlieC
    7388 posts Big Money Move
    I feel the same. Don’t think it’s the patch but the game just isn’t enjoyable.
  • Kingyyy01
    235 posts Sunday League Hero
    Games shocking now. Was great now it’s ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • starfox1284
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited October 2019
    You arent the only one...game is freaking terrible. They continue to ruin games through patches time and time again...its frustrating. To me the game plays like 19 with worse passing and dribbling.
  • Mizzle
    654 posts Semi-Pro
    Played great in the 3 games I had. One game had bad delay and wasn’t very enjoyable but the games that didn’t have delay were spot on
  • CharlieC
    I’m not really bothered because this year it’s make or break for me. Can’t take another FIFA 19 where we get a demo all year. If it’s not right in a month, I’ll just stop altogether
  • starfox1284
    2563 posts Fans' Favourite
    Additionally, the post hits are back...went from rarely hitting it to just crushing it 3 times a game again
  • sketchedoutmkii
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    My mate has been refusing to buy Fifa 20 after the fiasco of Fifa 19 and up until today's mini update I've been telling him how much better I've found it. I even got off to my worst start ever on a fifa game but was enjoying it all the same because other than some iffy servers as usual the gameplay itself was much more enjoyable.

However, after today's mini update on xbox I've told him to definitely hold off. Something definitely isn't right at the moment. I've always manually defended but since the update the switching seems to have gone all over the place for me. Standing tackles aren't charging up at all for me either and players are not making runs at all. I was really looking forward to weekend league, never been brilliant at it but because I had been enjoying it up to now I was looking forward to how I would get on. But definitely not now.

Since the update I had around 10 games that didn't complete in Rivals due to either me or my opponent quitting as it was all over the place.
  • CharlieC
    My mate has been refusing to buy Fifa 20 after the fiasco of Fifa 19 and up until today's mini update I've been telling him how much better I've found it. I even got off to my worst start ever on a fifa game but was enjoying it all the same because other than some iffy servers as usual the gameplay itself was much more enjoyable.

However, after today's mini update on xbox I've told him to definitely hold off. Something definitely isn't right at the moment. I've always manually defended but since the update the switching seems to have gone all over the place for me. Standing tackles aren't charging up at all for me either and players are not making runs at all. I was really looking forward to weekend league, never been brilliant at it but because I had been enjoying it up to now I was looking forward to how I would get on. But definitely not now.

Since the update I had around 10 games that didn't complete in Rivals due to either me or my opponent quitting as it was all over the place.

The mini update was nothing to do with UT but I have to say I agree.
  • Jpo41
    1824 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited October 2019
    The sad thing is I have been really only playing squad battles and against the AI there is massive button delay. I had one where Pepe instead of shooting on the run stopped, ran past the ball, then came back and missed by a mile on a yellow timed shot
  • sketchedoutmkii
    112 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CharlieC wrote: »

The mini update was nothing to do with UT but I have to say I agree.

Yes it's weird because when the update came through I saw it mentioned nothing to do with Ultimate Team, however since I installed it for some reason it's been totally different. And it felt like it was also impacting who I played because if I went into the lead by a couple early on it was instant quit, and likewise with me, because it just felt a mess to defend. I took a couple of hammerings before this update but carried on because it felt like it was me not being good enough in those games but now it's like I can't put on a tackle or get the right player under control.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    I didnt notice anything after the other patch but this patch changed the game for sure. Btw can someone tell me if its allowed to relegate yourself on purpose in Rivals?
  • Dunkirk
    407 posts Sunday League Hero
    EA never cease to amaze me.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
  • PegLeg
    952 posts Semi-Pro
    So much ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on this forum today. The patch has barely changed ❤️❤️❤️❤️ and you're crying because you've lost a few games. Win some more tomorrow and it'll all go quiet

Finding it hard to understand how everyone thinks the servers are ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but then can't see how ❤️❤️❤️❤️ servers also make gameplay so inconsistent
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite

• Ishibum
    14657 posts World Class

Nail on the head. I had a break towards the tail end of '19 and stupidly bought '20. I dunno if it's still a case of me being burned out or not, but just not feeling this one.
  • OZero
    6906 posts Big Money Move
    Just your opponents are adapted to the new mechanics and makes the game harder. Of course you are less enjoyable.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero

Have you not noticed much difference then? I’ve honestly been loving it win or lose. I’ve had some kind of respect for the opponents have beaten me up until now. It’s just felt like gifted goals and idiots football. It’s literally since the 0.5gb patch. Could they have done something to the servers you reckon?
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    PegLeg wrote: »
    So much **** on this forum today. The patch has barely changed **** and you're crying because you've lost a few games. Win some more tomorrow and it'll all go quiet

Finding it hard to understand how everyone thinks the servers are **** but then can't see how **** servers also make gameplay so inconsistent

Nothing to do with winning or losing, I don’t actually care. All I’m looking for is a skill based football game and some enjoyable matches. We had that prior to the patch, like I say, I’m not saying the patch changed gameplay necessarily, but something isn’t right. It’s very noob-esq at the moment and I’m finding it difficult to respect my opponent and the result. Something is not right

• OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    OZero wrote: »
    Just your opponents are adapted to the new mechanics and makes the game harder. Of course you are less enjoyable.

It’s highly unlikely that everyone adapted to the mechanics at the same time, which also coincidentally coincided with the release of a new patch. EA have smashed it up until the most recent patch. It’s back to kids football for one reason or another
  • Vaporduff777
    572 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited October 2019
    Honestly I don’t normally complain but there is 0 enjoyment when the game is like this. Manual defending and the ball going back to the attacker is happening again. I’m afraid this will be worse than 19 😭
  • I’m afraid this will be worse than 19 😭

• Guillotine_Mack
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've notice the game has sped up considerably to the beautiful game that was released to us.
    Why do they ruin the game year on year? Why?
  • SebastienEngelhart
    504 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I deleted my club after three games this morning, had £1-1.5m but whats the point? Its just 19 again, arguably even worse. I needed to get out early, just a waste of time, lifes too short to playing this rubbish.
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    edited October 2019
    I've notice the game has sped up considerably to the beautiful game that was released to us.
    Why do they ruin the game year on year? Why?

Because it is EA. They do it every single year after release with the first patch.

You all get sucked in and fall for it. It is obvious what is going to happen. The first week or so is as good as it gets....then the dreaded patch

Would be interesting what the first week sales are for Fifa20 compared to recent years