Fifa 20 CMS Discussion Thread

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2558 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ashy wrote: »
    Career mode?

Seriously the only thing I’ve seen is an announcement just now from Andy saying they addressed congestion fixture with serie a 🤦‍♂️🤬

That's like saying: "We think you might have a cold, but we did amputate your leg. No bother."
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Career mode?

Seriously the only thing I’ve seen is an announcement just now from Andy saying they addressed congestion fixture with serie a 🤦‍♂️🤬

That's like saying: "We think you might have a cold, but we did amputate your leg. No bother."

Yeah it’s beyond ridiculous at this point. If they are struggling to resolve the issue, just tell us. Don’t sit there and just say nothing though, and damn sure don’t give me an update that still makes the game unplayable 😂🤦‍♂️
  • Chris
    5568 posts Big Money Move
    Career Mode:

Addressed the following issues:
    A schedule congestion issue impacting Calcio B teams.
  • Chris
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me, worst launch to a FIFA game I've ever seen
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Chris wrote: »
    **** me, worst launch to a FIFA game I've ever seen

Yeah it’s beyond pathetic at this point. Every mode is jacked up at this point but CM is so broken. Can’t believe any company would be ok with this 🤦‍♂️
  • Alastair
    10246 posts Moderator
    A patch this early was never going to fix the issues. Anything in a patch now was probably decided pre-launch. It takes a surprisingly long time for game dev companies to develop patches.
  • Danimal5981
    Alastair wrote: »
    A patch this early was never going to fix the issues. Anything in a patch now was probably decided pre-launch. It takes a surprisingly long time for game dev companies to develop patches.

True, the guitarist in my band is a dev in a rather "big game from Poland" (guess...) and patches and fixes are scheduled a long time ahead.

However, EA must acknowledge that their whole plan, schedule and logistics have been disastrous. I understand games need post-launch fixes, but the situation at launch was terrible, even to their own standards, or when comparing to previous versions.
  • Danimal5981
    ...not to mention better public & customer relations (read: communication with the outside world)
  • ESexton18
    681 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I just find it insane that they could release the full version of a game with this many game breaking bugs. I know they really only care about FUT (and I don't blame them, we all gotta make that $$$) but there are a lot of career mode fans and by the sounds of everything I've read you can't even play the game because of the bugs.
  • Ashy
    12603 posts Has That Special Something
    edited October 2019
    Here is my prediction

They finally sort out the latest squad update and kits, UCL this week.

Easier bugs to fix like player editing glitch and UCL in 5 years time not working will be sometime end of October.

They sort out the worst bug of all the starting line ups one sometime mid-end November.

So I'll be shocked if its sorted out before that timeframe so I'll just start mine after the November starhead update. But that's almost 3 months wasted, good job I play Pro Clubs and UT

Also EA has completely lost the respect and whatever trust they had left from CM players, whatever they throw at us in the Fifa 21 pitch notes you can take with a grain of salt. Lesson learnt dont put bug fixes in pitch notes for the new game selling it as a feature especially when its broke as can be.
  • Ashy
    I'll be tempted to get it for PC if there is a mod that fixes everything a lot sooner.

There is a guy that has already sorted out the tables and starting 11 with a mod, not only that it's as realistic as ever, liverpool and city on 90 plus points, Kane top scorer with 29. He's offered this to EA for free but I doubt they will take it

Or do a story with PES but I doubt that's allowed here.
  • dannyboy
    12925 posts Has That Special Something
    We used to do stories with FM on here, it's only a problem if the mods find out B)
  • Ahmer50x
    25834 posts Player of the Year
    dannyboy wrote: »
    We used to do stories with FM on here, it's only a problem if the mods find out B)

This. Just pretend its FIFA and the rest of the information is the story.
  • Chris
    I can't pretend its FIFA, people will catch on when Citeh get relegated
  • Chris
    Alastair wrote: »

There shouldn't be a patch this early regardless. You can't advertise all these features, then have 0 of them work.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2019
    The CL/ EL glitch can end up a good thing in fact, because otherwise EA would have never gotten around to properly fixing the European qualification. And it needs to be reworked completely. It's been stupid for years, and each new tweak has only made things worse. And now that it has broken completely, they might just actually have to finally deal with it.
  • LAboog4
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    It's a shame there are so many issues. The gameplay itself is the most fun I have had in a long time. Now that I'm a few games into a season, teams are playing different and it really shows.

The issue we wanted fixed for so long (unique tactics) is finally fixed but now everything else is ruined.

I'm still playing and having fun. I know issues will come up but in my mind it is better than not playing until December. I'm not really into any other video games so it is FIFA or nothing really.
  • Danimal5981
    October 1st squad updates are active.
    Eredivisie is now as it should be.
  • Daviee x
    51 posts Park Captain
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    It's a shame there are so many issues. The gameplay itself is the most fun I have had in a long time. Now that I'm a few games into a season, teams are playing different and it really shows.

The issue we wanted fixed for so long (unique tactics) is finally fixed but now everything else is ruined.

I'm still playing and having fun. I know issues will come up but in my mind it is better than not playing until December. I'm not really into any other video games so it is FIFA or nothing really.

I agree. I love the game play this year. Feel like you can break teams down in a variety of ways in Legendary rather than playing boring fifa to get your goals. Makes it a lot more fun. I haven't touched Career mode yet, waiting for the next patch to see what they attempt to fix first. Enjoying a RTG on UT & Clubs for now
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Disappointed with these errors as I was really looking forward to CM this year but I'm going to give my story a go and see how far I can get with us being one of the top teams in Romania I hope Cluj and Steaua play there strongest sides anywhere not sure in Europe
  • WestardLord
    2025 posts Fans' Favourite
    Salzburg playing some electric football under Marsch.

Fresh career mode story idea right there.
  • sviraman
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I absolutely love it when Salzburg is doing great, as kind of an up-yours to the corporate energy drink overlords who have basically turned the team into a farm for their more prestigious team-toy from Leipzig. Especially while Leipzig loses to an unimpressive Lyon.
  • Danimal5981
    Salzburg playing some electric football under Marsch.

Ajax: "Hold my beer"

0-3 win at Valencia. Incredibly lucky in the 1st half, but the 1st and 3rd goal were beauties.
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Phew 😂

Games like tonight have me itching to get this career mode finally started! Crazy end to end stuff. So open at times.
  • LAboog4
    921 posts Semi-Pro
    Seems like all the CL games are competitive this year outside of a few. I'm sure in the end the teams we expect will advance but it is nice seeing teams go after the big guys like what happened at Anfield tonight.

Spurs were lucky the other result in their group went their way. Liverpool also benefit from Napoli slipping up.

Ajax and Man City look the hottest teams right now. I would love to see them play this year. Would be two really exciting games.
  • Chris
    Legit, I'm so keen for CM still but it's so frustrating
  • Danimal5981
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Seems like all the CL games are competitive this year outside of a few. I'm sure in the end the teams we expect will advance but it is nice seeing teams go after the big guys like what happened at Anfield tonight.

Spurs were lucky the other result in their group went their way. Liverpool also benefit from Napoli slipping up.

Ajax and Man City look the hottest teams right now. I would love to see them play this year. Would be two really exciting games.

Indeed, Club Brugge, both RB teams, Dinamo Zagreb and Ajax - it's good to see the competitiveness of the tournament coming back a bit. Group stages used to be a formality for the big league teams; now, they are getting an actual run for their money (literally).

About Ajax: we were very, very lucky. That 0-3 is not a good reflection of the game. When in possession we indeed know how to dominate, but we were very vulnerable against a very good Valencia, particularly in the first half.

The difference is that we converted the chances we had - from the first 5 targeted shots, Ajax scored 3.
    Valencia shoot 9 times, 4 crucial saves by Onana, 1 missed penalty (another Ross Barkley) and 4 off target.
    The number of yellow cards on Ajax side indicated how difficult it was to stop Valencia at first.

And that is the main difference with last year so far. There used to be a lot of control off the ball with De Ligt, De Jong and Schøne; their position play was superb. With Dest, Veltman and Alvarez we have players sometimes out of position. Then again, when in possession we cause an even bigger threat than last year. We're lethal in the vicinity of goal; Quincy Promes integrated well and Lisandro Martinez gives much needed grit on midfield. But a skilled team will outplay our rather weak defence one day.
  • Ashy
    edited October 2019
    Done squad updates, and also moved all the worst young players to free agents on each PL team and top UCL teams leaving them with 22-26 players each. I simmed a season with Aston Villa and this is my results...

1. Liverpool 92
    2. Spurs 72
    3. City 70
    4. Man Utd 68
    5. Everton 67
    6. Chelsea 66
    7. Arsenal 65
    8. West Ham 55
    9. Wolves 55
    10. Watford 54
    11. Leicester 54
    12. Palace 41
    13. Sheffield Utd 41
    14. Villa 38
    15. Southampton 37
    16. Newcastle 35
    17. Norwich 33
    18. Bouremouth 33
    19. Brighton 30
    20. Burnley 30

All other leagues and cups as realistic as can be, still rotation but not as much and if it is rotation it's with 70 rated players rather than 55-65 rated. May try a career mode story now.

As far as editing a player it seems they don't change position anymore, tried it with a CM, LW etc. Don't know if this only affects young academy players then?
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Wyojasond
    15358 posts World Class
    Done squad updates, and also moved all the worst young players to free agents on each PL team and top UCL teams leaving them with 22-26 players each. I simmed a season with Aston Villa and this is my results...

1. Liverpool 92
    2. Spurs 72
    3. City 70
    4. Man Utd 68
    5. Everton 67
    6. Chelsea 66
    7. Arsenal 65
    8. West Ham 55
    9. Wolves 55
    10. Watford 54
    11. Leicester 54
    12. Palace 41
    13. Sheffield Utd 41
    14. Villa 38
    15. Southampton 37
    16. Newcastle 35
    17. Norwich 33
    18. Bouremouth 33
    19. Brighton 30
    20. Burnley 30

All other leagues and cups as realistic as can me, still rotation but not as much and if it is rotation it's with 70 rated players rather than 55-65 rated. May try a career mode story now.

As far as editing a player it seems they don't change position anymore, tried it with a CM, LW etc. Don't know if this only affects young academy players then?

Hmmm, that’s tempting. I may look into that as well. How long did it take you to move everyone?
  • Ashy
    edited October 2019

1. Liverpool 92
    2. Spurs 72
    3. City 70
    4. Man Utd 68
    5. Everton 67
    6. Chelsea 66
    7. Arsenal 65
    8. West Ham 55
    9. Wolves 55
    10. Watford 54
    11. Leicester 54
    12. Palace 41
    13. Sheffield Utd 41
    14. Villa 38
    15. Southampton 37
    16. Newcastle 35
    17. Norwich 33
    18. Bouremouth 33
    19. Brighton 30
    20. Burnley 30

All other leagues and cups as realistic as can me, still rotation but not as much and if it is rotation it's with 70 rated players rather than 55-65 rated. May try a career mode story now.

Hmmm, that’s tempting. I may look into that as well. How long did it take you to move everyone?

Like 15 mins or so, just went to transfers and to each team that is in the league I'm in and got rid of the worst ones, if there is a player that I recognise like Saka at Arsenal I'll leave him there, wouldn't go under 22 players though in case they get injures and stuff, try to get 25. And only leave 2 keeps on each team not 3.

My only big concern now is the UCL/EL glitch further on in the career mode not allowing you to progress so might sim 5 seasons in and see how bad it is how often it happens.

And accepting a transfer the player appears in the menu background and stands in the middle of the pitch during games need to look into that.

Apart from that it's possibly playable
This discussion has been closed.