FIFA 20 Stadium Assignment

Comments

• If you download updates(the slot right next to stadiums menu)all your input stadium names will be deleted and set to default)
  • JazzIsName
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    If you download updates(the slot right next to stadiums menu)all your input stadium names will be deleted and set to default)

And what updates exactly does it download if you do download them?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    If you download updates(the slot right next to stadiums menu)all your input stadium names will be deleted and set to default)

Yep. Happened to me too yesterday. Good thing I knew EA would screw this up from experience and saved backup squad files.
  • JazzIsName
    edited October 2019

And what updates exactly does it download if you do download them?

I DO NOT F*****G BELIEVE THIS GAME! I just went to check if my stadium assignments were still correct after my 2 DAYS OF WORK AND SURPRISE-F*****G-SURPRISE THEY ARE ALL RESET!

This game has been NOTHING but rage-inducing frustration and disappointment from the very moment the installation finished. I AM LIVID! SEETHING WITH RAGE.
  • JazzIsName
    Howler19 wrote: »

Yep. Happened to me too yesterday. Good thing I knew EA would screw this up from experience and saved backup squad files.

You can't do that on XBOX.
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    edited October 2019
    JazzIsName wrote: »

You can. I play on Xbox One and I did it yesterday. Just save several squad files. Only the active one will be written over by updates so once that happen you can always go and load one of the other ones. Sucks if it's too late at this point for you. Been there myself.
  • JazzIsName

You can. I play on Xbox One and I did it yesterday. Just save several squad files. Only the active one will be written over by updates so once that happen you can always go and load one of the other ones. Sucks if it's too late at this point for you. Been there myself.

Huh! how?
  • JazzIsName

And what format does the USB stick need to be in? NTFS?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    edited October 2019

You don't need a USB stick. This is how you do it:

Go to > customise > profile > save sqauds. Here you need to save more than one squad file because if not there is a risk that FIFA will overwrite your squad files, which is where the assignments are saved. If you haven't done this before you lost them, they're gone and there's no way to get them back. If you did, just go to load squads and load one of your backup files where your assignments should still be.
  • JazzIsName

Go to > customise > profile > save sqauds. Here you need to save more than one squad file because if not there is a risk that FIFA will overwrite your squad files, which is where the assignments are saved. If you haven't done this before you lost them, they're gone and there's no way to get them back. If you did, just go to load squads and load one of your backup files where your assignments should still be.

Thank you, but what happens when EA pull their finger out of their arse and deliver an updated squad file? Will it overwrite my stadium assignments and if it does, doesn't it mean that loading my saved squad file, will replace the new squad file that EA has released with the outdated one that I saved with all my stadium assignments on it?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional

Thank you, but what happens when EA pull their finger out of their arse and deliver an updated squad file? Will it overwrite my stadium assignments and if it does, doesn't it mean that loading my saved squad file, will replace the new squad file that EA has released with the outdated one that I saved with all my stadium assignments on it?

It usually doesn't overwrite them. That's the weird thing and I'm not sure why. But sometimes, usually only once or twice shortly after release, they release squad updates that will overwrite your assigments like the one the other day and that's the one you need to be prepared for in case it happens. You might have to deal with an outdated squad file for a few days, but there will be a new update that doesn't mess with your assigments soon enough.

It's ridiculous that EA makes us do these things but that's the way they are. They're incredibly incompetent and/or unorganized.
  • JazzIsName
    edited October 2019

It usually doesn't overwrite them. That's the weird thing and I'm not sure why. But sometimes, usually only once or twice shortly after release, they release squad updates that will overwrite your assigments like the one the other day and that's the one you need to be prepared for in case it happens. You might have to deal with an outdated squad file for a few days, but there will be a new update that doesn't mess with your assigments soon enough.

It's ridiculous that EA makes us do these things but that's the way they are. They're incredibly incompetent and/or unorganized.

Thanks for your help. I have just changed 1 assignment for now and saved it as a test. If the next update doesn't overwrite that one assignment I will change the rest again. Well, perhaps. At this point, I want to jam the game disc it up someones .............I suppose though, in theory, I could do it all again and keep that save. If an update overwrites it, reload it when another update rolls out and see if that one overwrites it etc etc. Correct?

Frankly, it's just yet another example of how broken this game is and how sloppy the work is on the whole thing. Honestly, this release has been the biggest disappointment in my considerable gaming history. I have always been a PC guy mainly but bought a console again a year ago. Just for Red Dead 2, really. I would always say to people why console? PC is just better and their answer was always the same, that they just wanted to pick up and play. Not anymore, they are rubbish and it's in large part because the standards of games have sunk so low. If this was on PC THIS problem would not have been a problem AT ALL because I would have downloaded a file to fix the stadium assignments in seconds. I wouldn't have had to do it with a damned control pad and a clumsy interface that ejects you back to the NATION, LEAGUE, TEAM selection every time you make a change. And when I had made the change I could have just saved the damn file wherever I please. I could also have a completely fixed game in a day or two. The modders have already fixed half of this crap.

If I was to buy this at all, it should have been on PC. I shouldn't have let my mate talk me into buying it on the damned XBOX at all.

• Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    edited October 2019

I suppose though, in theory, I could do it all again and keep that save. If an update overwrites it, reload it when another update rolls out and see if that one overwrites it etc etc. Correct?

They just released another update so you can go ahead and check that. It didn't overwrite anything for me this time.
  • JazzIsName
    edited October 2019
    They just released another update so you can go ahead and check that. It didn't overwrite anything for me this time.

I downloaded the update and it overwrote my assignment change. So I then loaded MY save, with the changed assignment back and then re-downloaded the squad update from EA and it didn't overwrite my assignment the 2nd time. So it works but I can't understand why sometimes it overwrites my work and other times it doesn't with the same damn update. But there we are. EA.

Thank you for your help. I really wish I knew this last week.

• Zaqattaq
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Is what I'm reading serious? Squad updates in FIFA 20 re-set all stadium assignments like old days? @EA_Andy can you have a bigger ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you to loyal Career Mode CUSTOMERS
  • Azzabazza
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just downloaded the latest squads. New FC Barcelona third kit available. My Stadium updates stayed the same (I.e. Sanderson Park for FC Bayern still remains as Allianz Arena, and Ivy lane for Birmingham City still remains as St Andrews)
  • Luchtaine
    57 posts Park Captain
    Regular squad updates don’t tend to reset the assignments but the title updates sometimes do...frustrating but as Howler19 has mentioned above it’s always best to save your own updates.

Regarding the inability to assign all generic stadiums I always omit the women’s teams and some of the men’s national teams along with those all-star teams. However, with the addition of the Romanian teams does that mean there will be more stadiums we won’t be able to update? Is the limit a set amount or percentage?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    Luchtaine wrote: »
    Regular squad updates don’t tend to reset the assignments but the title updates sometimes do...frustrating but as Howler19 has mentioned above it’s always best to save your own updates.

Regarding the inability to assign all generic stadiums I always omit the women’s teams and some of the men’s national teams along with those all-star teams. However, with the addition of the Romanian teams does that mean there will be more stadiums we won’t be able to update? Is the limit a set amount or percentage?

I haven't really looked into that. This year the amount of unassigned stadiums is 20. I think that's slightly less than last year. Among added teams we have Romanian league, Chinese national teams and Al Ain and then the number of teams in a few leagues has changed. 20 new stadiums covering 21 teams and 3 lost stadiums etc etc. A lot to take into account to figure that out lol.
  • DYL_26
    94 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Bayern playing at the walderstadion and ‘Piemonte Calcio’ at Sanderson park. Still can’t believe how badly EA have let us down this year.
  • Adyhorn
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Great thread as always thanks guys. The Tianjin teams have different stadiums assigned despite ground sharing.
  • Poacher wrote: »
    Molton Road doesn't appear to be in Fifa 20

Yes it is.

I've scrolled through many pages in Ultimate Team and not come across it.
  • KingShankly
    229 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ok I remember playing the World Cup in FIFA 18 and afterwords going back to play domestics and all squads were reset to default and all renamed stadiums were reset back to default. I'm cringing buying FIFA 20 because someone said if you customize squads/transfers etc then play Champions League and decide to play Tournament Mode for a domestic Cup/League all squads are set back to default and all stadiums are set back to default. (i.e.) Let's say if you put Messi on Watford and played a custom Champions League using Watford Messi would be on the Watford squad but when you get out of Champions League and decide to play a Friendly/Tournament Mode, Messi is back at Barcelona. Is this true?
  • Howler19
    1017 posts Professional
    edited October 2019
    Poacher wrote: »

Yes it is.

It can be in FIFA without being in FUT.........
  • Earlybird15
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I’m on PS4 and I’ve downloaded the latest squads and never had an issue with my stadium names reset
  • Nakamura8990
    52 posts Park Captain
    edited October 2019

Yes it is.

Guarantee you it is. Play a home game with Fiorentina. It's their home ground and many others too.
  • Adyhorn
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Tranmere have not been assigned a stadium.
  • MikeM24
    88 posts Park Captain
    Revised MLS - (Haven't added Inter Miami and Nashville as not in game.

MLS (@howler19)
    Chicago Fire – El Libertador / Estadio Des Artes (Soldier Field)
    Colorado Rapids – Stadio Classico (❤️❤️❤️❤️ Sporting Goods Park)
    Columbus Crew – El Libertador (Mapfre Stadium)
    D.C. United – Estadio Des Artes (Audi Field)
    FC Cincinnati – El Libertador (Nippert Stadium)
    FC Dallas – El Libertador (Toyota Stadium)
    Houston Dynamo – Estadio Des Artes (BBVA Stadium)
    Impact Montréal – Molton Road (Stade Saputo)
    Los Angeles FC – Sanderson Park / Estadio Des Artes (Banc of California Stadium)
    Minnesota United – Sanderson Park (Allianz Field)
    New England Revolution – El Libertador (Gillette Stadium)
    New York City FC – Stadion Europa (Yankee Stadium)
    Orlando City – Ivy Lane (Exploria Stadium)
    Philadelphia Union – Estadio Des Artes (Talen Energy Field)
    Portland Timbers – Stade Europa (Providence Park)
    Real Salt Lake – Estadio Des Artes (Rio Tinto Stadium)
    San Jose Earthquakes – Stadion Municipal (Avaya Stadium)
    Sporting Kansas City – Stadion Neder (Childrens Mercy Park)
    Toronto FC – Estadio Des Artes / Forest Park (BMO Field)

I feel that these choices are better in terms of "feel" and look, rather than capacity as such.
  • Luchtaine
    57 posts Park Captain
    So with tomorrow’s Copa Libertadores DLC hopefully we can assign and rename the generic stadiums for the new teams if we have already used up the limit for the existing ones.

Plus, better save the current assignments just in case the DLC resets everything.
  • SpiritofOldwfc1859
    173 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So with tomorrow’s Copa Libertadores DLC hopefully we can assign and rename the generic stadiums for the new teams if we have already used up the limit for the existing ones.

Plus, better save the current assignments just in case the DLC resets everything.

Hopefully there is extra memory for the new teams to have their stadium name's changed, also I do this every year, change the names of the stadiums and give the team the nearest looking stadium to theirs, surely there is a way of saving this to save over to the next Fifa
  • Luchtaine
    57 posts Park Captain

Hopefully there is extra memory for the new teams to have their stadium name's changed, also I do this every year, change the names of the stadiums and give the team the nearest looking stadium to theirs, surely there is a way of saving this to save over to the next Fifa

That would be a great addition. In the meantime I have to keep my own database and spend a day or 2 updating them each year.