IF Neuer, yes or no?

pombo77
255 posts Sunday League Hero
edited October 2019
Anyone used him? How do you like him?

Comments

• Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    Expensive goal keepers at this stage of game are entirely pointless unless your absolutely minted in coins. Next to no difference in the upgrade. Spend coins anywhere else in your team
  • Foxsake
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    This also I used his normal card was awful
    Grezzerk wrote: »
    Expensive goal keepers at this stage of game are entirely pointless unless your absolutely minted in coins. Next to no difference in the upgrade. Spend coins anywhere else in your team

• FlyingOkapis
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero

Noticed a huge difference when I got 89 VDS over Cillesen but get your point about coins. Also I imagine regular Neuer is a lot better starting point anyway.
  • pombo77
    So my team is
    Burki
    Kimmich Akanji Hernandez Alaba
    Sancho Witsel IF Delaney Coman
    Reus Lewandowski

How would you improve it then?

Thanks!
  • FlyingOkapis
    1949 posts Play-Off Hero
    pombo77 wrote: »
    So my team is
    Burki
    Reus Lewandowski

Thanks!

Look to replace Akanji and Burki I suppose, no idea what Akanji is like though in game.
  • pombo77
    Akanji is OP AF! He’s not going anywhere. I pulled the trigger and got IF Neuer. He’s much better than Burki. Saves a ****ton of goals.
  • GT500
    745 posts Semi-Pro
    All goalies at this point are worth basically the same if you have half decent one. Make insane saves 1v1 but parry it to the opposition whenever they feel like it. I’d invest somewhere else
  • pombo77
    Neuer saves those long shots from top scorers like Aubameyang, Mbape and the like. Dude’s so fast and the long throw comes in handy in those OP counters.
  • QuinnUK87
    2154 posts Fans' Favourite

You kidding? De Gea literally wins me games... He is an absoloute machine. Probably the first player on my team sheet.
  • greggles
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    the thing with this card, hes the first totw, he will be really rare in a couple month or so, so you should be able to make profit on him.
  • pombo77
    That’s the spirit ; )
    greggles wrote: »
    the thing with this card, hes the first totw, he will be really rare in a couple month or so, so you should be able to make profit on him.

• greggles
    2260 posts Fans' Favourite
    That’s the spirit ; )
    greggles wrote: »

i have nif version, really considering getting him.
  • Cyodine
    6477 posts Big Money Move
    edited October 2019
    No. A IF keeper should be your last investment to your XI. All keepers are going to let in goals. Buy his NIF, keep Burki, or buy Gulasci as he is a bit taller and height matters with GKs.
  • Propagandyy2
    1024 posts Professional
    I pulled his IF and I've really liked him. The only keeper I've used besides him is lloris. Neuer does do the job for me.
  • pombo77
    I had improved my team already. That’s why I got IF Neuer
    So my team is
    Burki
    Reus Lewandowski

Thanks!

• Ludinator19
    987 posts Professional
    I would get rid of Kimmich too. Da Costa is so much better.
  • Fryzern
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I had IF Neuer and he rushes out way too often and dives the wrong way before the opposing player even makes a move. He's constantly made stupid mistakes or fell to the floor when facing an opponent at close range and it would slide right past his feet. I've put Lloris back in. Would have preferred to keep De Gea but wouldn't fit in with Laporte and Hernandez
  • Grezzerk
    1699 posts Play-Off Hero
    QuinnUK87 wrote: »

You kidding? De Gea literally wins me games... He is an absoloute machine. Probably the first player on my team sheet.

Perhaps I should of been clearer. When I say expensive keepers I meant their inform versions. So when I said next to no difference in the upgrade I was on about gold neuer compared to his inform.
  • Bob_Dylan
    21308 posts Club Captain
    Don’t
  • Hibee
    12592 posts Has That Special Something
    I would get rid of Kimmich too. Da Costa is so much better.

Kimmich is miles better than Da Costa for me. The pace puts people off but he is awesome in game.
  • JWNYsg
    7006 posts Big Money Move
    got him at 130k, i think potential to reach 220 is possible

furthermore he is TOTW1 and been 2 fifas at least Neuer got an IF. He has star appeal

best keepers in the games are not optimum. Outscore your opponents. Defence strategies not so helpful